User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    no, that's just INTJs, not most Js. (or at least, most people think INTJs are arrogant. personally I love you guys and don't think you're arrogant at all)

However, I respect it don't get me wrong. I just think if we put all J types and all P types in a room the Js would be thinking 'the hell is wrong with these Ps' and the Ps would be thinking 'why are these Js so mean'.

Not vice versa.

INTPs are some of the most sensitive people I've ever met.
    Veni, Vidi, Cessi.

Ginkgo

I think Ps are just as judgmental, but not as vocal about their judgment.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by uncommonentity View Post

However, I respect it don't get me wrong. I just think if we put all J types and all P types in a room the Js would be thinking 'the hell is wrong with these Ps' and the Ps would be thinking 'why are these Js so mean'.

Not vice versa.
    being mean probably helps in dealing with reality though. not that i even think most j's are mean, but still. reality is all order and schedules and paying bills and shit. it's a j's world baby.

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    being mean probably helps in dealing with reality though. not that i even think most j's are mean, but still. reality is all order and schedules and paying bills and shit. it's a j's world baby.
    It's nice to hear your side of the story. I've always felt that Ps always have that someone to lean back on though. I think a network of support is what I deem to be 'real'.

Again it depends on our definition of 'reality'.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    I think Ps are just as judgmental, but not as vocal about their judgment.
    This gets me thinking about how flexible Ps/Js are when it comes to judging itself and also how brutal we are when it comes to it.
    Veni, Vidi, Cessi.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    couldn't have said it better myself
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Doesn't it depend on the reality in question?

Soldier in combat
    Teenage victim of incest
    Man dying of cancer

These are very different realities.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    ETs are creating your realities!
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    <snip>
    But the mothership came...

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

None of the types, specifically, are *suited* to deal with reality best; because being a personality type is the outcome of dealing with reality in your own particular ways. Why else do many people of certain types whom tried taking on reality end up on medication for schizophrenia, drugs, or alcohol, in the first place?

The only type capable of dealing with reality *best* is the one neutral to all the rest; which would be the one that scores 0%'s perfectly in all I/E, S/N, F/T and P/J. This *type* makes you *all that*; and to be *all that* is an existence anybody would want. You'd have perfect intelligence to do anything properly with absolutely no stigma attached. In this way, you'd deal with reality effortlessly, with no reason to be anything less than perfectly happy.

This is the truth.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    None of the types, specifically, are *suited* to deal with reality best; because being a personality type is the outcome of dealing with reality in your own particular ways. Why else do many people of certain types whom tried taking on reality end up on medication for schizophrenia, drugs, or alcohol, in the first place?

The only type capable of dealing with reality *best* is the one neutral to all the rest; which would be the one that scores 0%'s perfectly in all I/E, S/N, F/T and P/J. This *type* makes you *all that*; and to be *all that* is an existence anybody would want. You'd have perfect intelligence to do anything properly with absolutely no stigma attached. In this way, you'd deal with reality effortlessly, with no reason to be anything less than perfectly happy.
    If a person prefers all of the functions equally, and the Jungian functions are the only means of interpreting reality, then at best, that person would be more flexible in using functions. However, since functions aren't the only means of interpreting reality, and because reality doesn't conform to functions, a person wouldn't necessarily be more able to deal with reality if they were literally neutral in preference.