• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Say something (interesting) about my functions test.

wolfy

awsm
I'm curious, whatever you see.

Your Cognitive Development Profile
The forty-eight questions you rated earlier tap into the eight cognitive processes. Some questions tapped into basic or developed use of a process used by itself, while other questions tapped into use of multiple processes at once. The profile below is based on your responses. The number of squares indicate strength of response. The equivalent numeric is shown in parentheses along with likely level of development.
Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ********************************************* (45.5)
excellent use
introverted Sensing (Si) ********************** (22.9)
limited use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) *************************** (27.3)
average use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ********************* (21)
limited use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ********************* (21.9)
limited use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ********************************** (34.3)
good use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ****************************** (30)
average use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************************* (37.5)
excellent use

Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ESFP

Lead (Dominant) Process
Extraverted Sensing (Se): Immersing in the present context. Responding naturally to everything tangible you detect through your senses. Checking with what your gut instincts say. Testing limits and take risks for big rewards.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
Introverted Feeling (Fi): Staying true to who you really are. Paying close attention to your personal identity, values and beliefs. Checking with your conscience. Choosing behavior congruent with what is important to you.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ISFP, or ESTP

I'm going to go wash the dishes, be back in a bit...

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Looks like esfp Wolfy. Wow. That's a lot of Se. Would you say that is your primary function?

Jaguar

wolfy, check out the different Interaction Styles to see if they facilitate a decision:

ESFP = Get-Things-Going
ISFP = Behind-the-Scenes
ESTP = In-Charge
ISTP = Chart-the-Course

Descriptions are here:
http://www.interactionstyles.com/

ESTP/ISTP have a directing communication style and ESFP/ISFP have an informing communication style. You would know which one is more natural for you.

Cheers.

wolfy

awsm
wolfy, check out the different Interaction Styles to see if they facilitate a decision:

ESFP = Get-Things-Going
ISFP = Behind-the-Scenes
ESTP = In-Charge
ISTP = Chart-the-Course

Descriptions are here:
http://www.interactionstyles.com/

ESTP/ISTP have a directing communication style and ESFP/ISFP have an informing communication style. You would know which one is more natural for you.

Cheers.

Interaction styles is an interesting topic, I noticed I like to throw ideas out at people. And I have a strong informing style at work, directing doesn't come naturally to me but I can do it. I have some traits of Get-Things-Going, Behind-the-Scenes and Chart-the-Course but Get Things Going would probably be my preferred role. Ideas man, throw seeds out, run a short project, hype everyone up, a big show, that seems to be my style.

Talking about styles, I quite like to put on a show. I'm an under control show off though. If you know what I mean.

A

Anew Leaf

Hmm, you did mention in the avatar thread that you like more attention than most ISfps usually want. :D

Maybe youre an ASFP :D

KDude

Your video makes you seem introverted, and you sound like a clear E9, whatever that's worth. I guess an E9 ESFP isn't impossible, but I think they're too.. umm.. intrusive and/or attention seeking for it (for better or worse).

Jaguar

Interaction styles is an interesting topic, I noticed I like to throw ideas out at people. And I have a strong informing style at work, directing doesn't come naturally to me but I can do it. I have some traits of Get-Things-Going, Behind-the-Scenes and Chart-the-Course but Get Things Going would probably be my preferred role. Ideas man, throw seeds out, run a short project, hype everyone up, a big show, that seems to be my style.

Talking about styles, I quite like to put on a show. I'm an under control show off though. If you know what I mean.

I do not like to bias decisions, so now I can comment.

This forum is merely one context, and I have never seen you in action IRL. But I would have picked the Informing/Get-Things-Going style for you, as well. Each person has an overall style, and that's not something to ignore, no matter what those blasted test results spit out from day to day.

I like the way you describe yourself: An under control show off. ;)

wolfy

awsm
Your video makes you seem introverted, and you sound like a clear E9, whatever that's worth. I guess an E9 ESFP isn't impossible, but I think they're too.. umm.. intrusive and/or attention seeking for it (for better or worse).

I think 9 fits best, 9w8. I think I am introverted and at the same time attention seeking. I know I have spent time thinking about balance between attention seeking and being intrusive.

I do not like to bias decisions, so now I can comment.

This forum is merely one context, and I have never seen you in action IRL. But I would have picked the Informing/Get-Things-Going style for you, as well. Each person has an overall style, and that's not something to ignore, no matter what those blasted test results spit out from day to day.

Yeah, informing really fits. Thanks for the feedback.

I am not as much looking for a clear and cut type as am interested in how my personality has aspects of other types. I think that gives a person a clearer understanding of themselves.

wolfy

awsm

Actually that just reminded me I get really high I in DISC tests. I see I in that test as being a somewhat extroverted trait. An outgoing trait at least. I really do see myself that way, an under control show off.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
your se seems higher than your fi to me also.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yeah it has...i feel like i've said before. you seem externally focused to me. i'm a mellow extravert too so i don't automatically read that as introversion in others either.

wolfy

awsm
I think I am externally focused but I put it down to isfp being the most extroverted of the introverts. I know I prefer Se over Fi, I see Fi... I have seen Fi as more of a hassle than anything. I think ideally I'd like to push the moment constantly if I always knew how to read it correctly. It is people I think.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Wolfy, I definitely agree with the description of ISFPs being the most extroverted introverts. I took me forever to try and determine whether my oldest was I or E. He is much like you, an under control show-off. He is so at ease with people, loves to talk, and be a wit. It took me a while to notice that this can be a shield of sorts. He's friendly and can be very out-going but he's exceedingly hard to get really close to. He has no problem being the center of attention, say like, in performing but he definitely would want to leave a party or gathering early because he hates that sort of thing. It's almost like he wants to make an impact on people but he resists having an impact being made on him.

My sister is ESFP and she seeks attention. It's like food for her. She is very unhappy when she doesn't have it even though it has lessened over the years. I think the biggest differences between the two is that my sister is emotionally volatile even in the best of times. She's not histrionic like she used to be but even so, she can turn whatever she's feeling into a stage performance. Granted, she's not the healthiest individual so it's probably not useful to use her as example.

wolfy

awsm
Wolfy, I definitely agree with the description of ISFPs being the most extroverted introverts. I took me forever to try and determine whether my oldest was I or E. He is much like you, an under control show-off. He is so at ease with people, loves to talk, and be a wit. It took me a while to notice that this can be a shield of sorts. He's friendly and can be very out-going but he's exceedingly hard to get really close to. He has no problem being the center of attention, say like, in performing but he definitely would want to leave a party or gathering early because he hates that sort of thing. It's almost like he wants to make an impact on people but he resists having an impact being made on him.

My sister is ESFP and she seeks attention. It's like food for her. She is very unhappy when she doesn't have it even though it has lessened over the years. I think the biggest differences between the two is that my sister is emotionally volatile even in the best of times. She's not histrionic like she used to be but even so, she can turn whatever she's feeling into a stage performance. Granted, she's not the healthiest individual so it's probably not useful to use her as example.

I can relate strongly to the description of your son, the part in bold especially. I quite like parties and tend to stay to the end and beyond if I am having a good time. I can be a bit emotionally volatile, I just pass it off as adding a little flavour to me.

G

Glycerine

I totally could see you as an engaged ISFP. You don't seem to be the "flood of high energy" that I get from most ESXPs. You seem energetic but controlled (it comes out in doses). My ISFP friend is very much the same way, "an under control show off". She likes to dress up in the most colorful things, dye her hair pretty much every color, likes colorful words but overall she's really calm, laid-back, engaged but there is guarded presence about her. There is a huge difference between how her Fi shows through compared to all the INFPs I know. She's more of an observer with strong values while INFPs seem to promote what they strongly value.

wolfy

awsm
I totally could see you as an engaged ISFP. You don't seem to be the "flood of high energy" that I get from most ESXPs. You seem energetic but controlled (it comes out in doses). My ISFP friend is very much the same way, "an under control show off". She likes to dress up in the most colorful things, dye her hair pretty much every color, likes colorful words but overall she's really calm, laid-back, engaged but there is guarded presence about her. There is a huge difference between how Fi shows through compared to all the INFPs I know. She's more of an observer with strong values while INFPs seem to promote what they strongly value.

Yeah, I can relate to that.

Here is an interesting question I was just thinking. If my Se is that high, would it help to develop Fi? Usually isfp are said to need to develop Se. Regardless of whether I fit isfp or esfp more.

G

Glycerine

I am skeptical about the function tests to be honest. I usually score highest in this order (of strength): Ni, Te=Ti, Fe. Wouldn't SFP tend to have strong Se and Fi? Why would they need to develop it?

wolfy

awsm
I am skeptical about the function tests to be honest. I usually score highest in this order (of strength): Ni, Te=Ti, Fe. Wouldn't SFP tend to have strong Se and Fi? Why would they need to develop it?

The first one can be overused. Developing the second one balances you out. I am sceptical of tests but this one seems right to me personally. I've noticed I've become more volatile in the last few years, in a good way I feel. In a way you'd expect someone that is dominant in Se to be. I'm just thinking maybe thinking about Fi would be a good idea.