User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Glycerine

ahhhhhhh! that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Yeah, I can relate to that.

Here is an interesting question I was just thinking. If my Se is that high, would it help to develop Fi? Usually isfp are said to need to develop Se. Regardless of whether I fit isfp or esfp more.
    FWIW, I think your Se is "high" in a ISFP-ish way. In your receptivity and go with the flow sort of attitude. But that isn't what Se always is. In ESPs it's more opportunistic. It isn't going with the flow, but trying to draw attention to it's own flow. And instead of being receptive to information around them, they generally single in on the information they consider empowering and generally admirable. And they have a lot of practice from birth embodying some of it. Whether it's looks/actions/some kind of status/having the best jokes/etc.. (I make it sound bad, and I don't mean to. I think they're mostly fun people).

It's rare to find an ISFP who attempts that. At best, they want their individual ideas appreciated (which would be more of a Fi priority), not what the general idea among others is worthy of appreciation.

ESPs balance themselves too, of course. Just like an ISP will grow into balancing themselves a different way. I think maybe even both could be both "High Fi" and "High Se" in their own right, but since they are different types, it still comes out differently.

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    FWIW, I think your Se is "high" in a ISFP-ish way. In your receptivity and go with the flow sort of attitude. But that isn't what Se always is. In ESPs it's more opportunistic. It isn't going with the flow, but trying to draw attention to it's own flow. And instead of being receptive to information around them, they generally single in on the information they consider empowering and generally admirable. And they have a lot of practice from birth embodying some of it. Whether it's looks/actions/some kind of status/having the best jokes/etc.. (I make it sound bad, and I don't mean to. I think they're mostly fun people).

It's rare to find an ISFP who attempts that. At best, they want their individual ideas appreciated (which would be more of a Fi priority), not what the general idea among others is worthy of appreciation.

ESPs balance themselves too, of course. Just like an ISP will grow into balancing themselves a different way. I think maybe even both could be both "High Fi" and "High Se" in their own right, but since they are different types, it still comes out differently.
    I think I understand what you are saying. I relate to what you say about isfp and individual ideas. I feel I have become more that way, in a way the phrase you used for esp, drawing attention to its own flow I relate to from an individualistic perspective.

The main reason I see myself as Fi first is I have spent a lot of time reflecting on experiences.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Wolfy, I "feel" that you're ISFP but a, shall we say, more forceful one? Though from experience ISFPs can be quite forceful and rock-solid. Perhaps your Se/Fi axis is the closest one?
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

What I don't get is if ISFP is "The Aesthete" yet they're supposed to be inwardly focused, surely an Aesthete is focused outwards on objects?
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Your functions are interesting ...

(Was that interesting enuff?)
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    What I don't get is if ISFP is "The Aesthete" yet they're supposed to be inwardly focused, surely an Aesthete is focused outwards on objects?
    I don't think anyone is truly inward focused. Unless they're blind - and I'm not even sure that's the case either.

I think introversion is more about being focused on their own impression of objects. There's probably more coming from left field if they do that (for all types that is.. whether ISFP, ISFJ, INTJ, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    Wolfy, I "feel" that you're ISFP but a, shall we say, more forceful one? Though from experience ISFPs can be quite forceful and rock-solid. Perhaps your Se/Fi axis is the closest one?
    I guess it is. It seems I use Ti a bit too, I'd agree with that. And rock solid, I like the sound of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    That's a good question... I guess an aesthete is looking at how things relate to their impression of how they should be. Or, they have some individual vision of things and work from that. I see things as being in a loop, a feedback loop, where one is slightly stronger and influences it more.

From that perspective it would seem I am working from my own need to express something than I am adapting things to express myself on my surroundings. It's difficult to know where things come from though, it isn't like you can put why you do things into words, even to yourself, a lot of the time. It is just a feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Your functions are interesting ...

(Was that interesting enuff?)
    C'mon!! You can do better!

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

If you change your type I'll have to change all my references, and that sounds suspiciously like work.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    If you change your type I'll have to change all my references, and that sounds suspiciously like work.
    I'll never change my type. Kiwi to the bitter end!