User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

your se seems higher than your fi to me also.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    your se seems higher than your fi to me also.
    Yeah? Has it always seemed that way?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

yeah it has...i feel like i've said before. you seem externally focused to me. i'm a mellow extravert too so i don't automatically read that as introversion in others either.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

I think I am externally focused but I put it down to isfp being the most extroverted of the introverts. I know I prefer Se over Fi, I see Fi... I have seen Fi as more of a hassle than anything. I think ideally I'd like to push the moment constantly if I always knew how to read it correctly. It is people I think.

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Wolfy, I definitely agree with the description of ISFPs being the most extroverted introverts. I took me forever to try and determine whether my oldest was I or E. He is much like you, an under control show-off. He is so at ease with people, loves to talk, and be a wit. It took me a while to notice that this can be a shield of sorts. He's friendly and can be very out-going but he's exceedingly hard to get really close to. He has no problem being the center of attention, say like, in performing but he definitely would want to leave a party or gathering early because he hates that sort of thing. It's almost like he wants to make an impact on people but he resists having an impact being made on him.

My sister is ESFP and she seeks attention. It's like food for her. She is very unhappy when she doesn't have it even though it has lessened over the years. I think the biggest differences between the two is that my sister is emotionally volatile even in the best of times. She's not histrionic like she used to be but even so, she can turn whatever she's feeling into a stage performance. Granted, she's not the healthiest individual so it's probably not useful to use her as example.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    Wolfy, I definitely agree with the description of ISFPs being the most extroverted introverts. I took me forever to try and determine whether my oldest was I or E. He is much like you, an under control show-off. He is so at ease with people, loves to talk, and be a wit. It took me a while to notice that this can be a shield of sorts. He's friendly and can be very out-going but he's exceedingly hard to get really close to. He has no problem being the center of attention, say like, in performing but he definitely would want to leave a party or gathering early because he hates that sort of thing. It's almost like he wants to make an impact on people but he resists having an impact being made on him.

My sister is ESFP and she seeks attention. It's like food for her. She is very unhappy when she doesn't have it even though it has lessened over the years. I think the biggest differences between the two is that my sister is emotionally volatile even in the best of times. She's not histrionic like she used to be but even so, she can turn whatever she's feeling into a stage performance. Granted, she's not the healthiest individual so it's probably not useful to use her as example.

I can relate strongly to the description of your son, the part in bold especially. I quite like parties and tend to stay to the end and beyond if I am having a good time. I can be a bit emotionally volatile, I just pass it off as adding a little flavour to me.

Glycerine

I totally could see you as an engaged ISFP. You don't seem to be the "flood of high energy" that I get from most ESXPs. You seem energetic but controlled (it comes out in doses). My ISFP friend is very much the same way, "an under control show off". She likes to dress up in the most colorful things, dye her hair pretty much every color, likes colorful words but overall she's really calm, laid-back, engaged but there is guarded presence about her. There is a huge difference between how her Fi shows through compared to all the INFPs I know. She's more of an observer with strong values while INFPs seem to promote what they strongly value.

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    I totally could see you as an engaged ISFP. You don't seem to be the "flood of high energy" that I get from most ESXPs. You seem energetic but controlled (it comes out in doses). My ISFP friend is very much the same way, "an under control show off". She likes to dress up in the most colorful things, dye her hair pretty much every color, likes colorful words but overall she's really calm, laid-back, engaged but there is guarded presence about her. There is a huge difference between how Fi shows through compared to all the INFPs I know. She's more of an observer with strong values while INFPs seem to promote what they strongly value.
    Yeah, I can relate to that.

Here is an interesting question I was just thinking. If my Se is that high, would it help to develop Fi? Usually isfp are said to need to develop Se. Regardless of whether I fit isfp or esfp more.

Glycerine

I am skeptical about the function tests to be honest. I usually score highest in this order (of strength): Ni, Te=Ti, Fe. Wouldn't SFP tend to have strong Se and Fi? Why would they need to develop it?

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    I am skeptical about the function tests to be honest. I usually score highest in this order (of strength): Ni, Te=Ti, Fe. Wouldn't SFP tend to have strong Se and Fi? Why would they need to develop it?
    The first one can be overused. Developing the second one balances you out. I am sceptical of tests but this one seems right to me personally. I've noticed I've become more volatile in the last few years, in a good way I feel. In a way you'd expect someone that is dominant in Se to be. I'm just thinking maybe thinking about Fi would be a good idea.