User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    Maybe, just maybe, I don't understand your Finglish?
    Who knows if thats also one of the reasons, but i still think the major thing is about you not having proper definitions for words. I mean im not even going to try to speak with correct terms, because if i would use terms like tension between opposites, teanscendent function, compensation etc and talk of deriving complexes from unconscious etc, it wouldnt make much sense to you, instead i need to explain these quite complex terms all the time in order to communicate a simple thing for you. So yea it kinda requires some extra english skills..
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Who knows if thats also one of the reasons, but i still think the major thing is about you not having proper definitions for words. I mean im not even going to try to speak with correct terms, because if i would use terms like tension between opposites, teanscendent function, compensation etc and talk of deriving complexes from unconscious etc, it wouldnt make much sense to you, instead i need to explain these quite complex terms all the time in order to communicate a simple thing for you. So yea it kinda requires some extra english skills..
    I do know it's one of the reasons. I don't find "Was That Really Me?" very difficult to comprehend. You'll say I've latched onto the "Fe" examples. But what I want to know is how the inferior function passes on its unconscious content to the tertiary.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    There's nothing you can teach anyone. You make up shit as you go along.
    Now you are just projecting.
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Now you are just projecting.
    Now you're Lark.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    lol.

I'll post your whole quote:

I think whatever goes on the unconscious is a crapshoot. I'm sure they mix all up in there together and have a great time.

I'm speaking to differentiated, preferred functions. The more differentiated, the more preferred. When you pull a function out for use from your unconscious, you use it alone, I believe, and Jung was adamant about that reg F/T and N/S especially (not that i buy it totally myself 100%), not with another function, despite what happens down below in the psyche.

Does your unconscious Fe affect your Ti when you say something, and that makes it appear Te? Mkay. Whatever you say. For me, Ti is Ti, etc. and so on. Not some muddled function soup.

My point was, Guru II, that no one knows wtf is happening. It's basically ALL up for conjecture. Isn't it?

~Aphrodite
    Its not so simple that more differentiated = more preferred.

So what you are arguing against is the idea that unconscious functions(or images/fantasies created by undifferentiated functions in combination with complexes) lead to projections, to which we react consciously with our differentiated functions. Right?
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    You see, INTP, the above is an example of someone attempting to debate with a Genius such as yourself. So far all I have done is ask questions in an effort to gain a deeper understanding of your point. So please learn to differentiate the two kinds of posts.
    You havent asked a single question from me in this topic lol.
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Now you're Lark.
    Nah, i was Jaguar
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

You havent asked a single question from me in this topic lol.
    I'm trying to gain understanding of your point. Isn't that better than simply blurting out that I disagree and here's why?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Its not so simple that more differentiated = more preferred.

So what you are arguing against is the idea that unconscious functions(or images/fantasies created by undifferentiated functions in combination with complexes) lead to projections, to which we react consciously with our differentiated functions. Right?
    No. That sounds logical enough.

This is what I found exception to: Your post on Page 1:

So for example with this my Fe Ti looking like Fi, was because i was only able to consciously handle Fe by handling Ti(to which Fe was chained to) and because my conscious attitude was towards introversion, my F seemed introverted also, since introversion was what i was conscious of, but it was Ti that i was using to control the Fe.
    That. And I've always had issue with that with others that speak like that about functions. Several do it on here and I'm not sure where you guys learn it.....? Chained functions across the Conscious Divide? Rational functions controlling other rational functions?

I was pretty sure Jung said we have a dominant, highly preferred function, and the rest were basically inferior. I don't see them controlling each other. I see the dominant controlling, or bending them, to its will as needed; or the dominant getting bent toward the opposite orientation in a highly chronic stress environment, but not really any others than that.

You can handle Fe, just like I can handle Ti.

Plus F is F and T is T. It is hard to know where Fe ends and Fi begins; they likely work together often and we just can't zero in very easily on every nuance of thought or action we have....
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Nah, i was Jaguar
    Nah, you're still copying Lark's projecting routine.
    If you jokers don't like what someone says, you tell them they're "projecting".
    By the way, learn how to spell transcendent function. It's not spelled like this:

teanscendent function
    Carry on, college boy:

so i recently started a psychology course at open university and it happened to start with personality psychology. we were given option where instead of doing an exam of the books we read/lectures, we are allowed to make essay about something related to personality psychology. im considering of doing one about jungs typology and other typologies that are built on jungs model, like mbti, socionics, keirseys etc. it needs to be 16 pages long, so there isnt enough room to make descriptions of types, but i got few topics to write about in mind:

-introducing the functions
    -function usage/roles and their effect on types, how different types use same functions. not going to do this for every type, but was thinking of using an example on one type or two types that i would compare
    -interaction with different types and how different function usage can cause misunderstanding or "natural" understanding of other person
    -why different types use their natural function, like why INTP uses TiNeSiFe, and not TiNiSeFi for example. also adding some criticism/pondering on why/if Fi in INTP(for example) is not real usage of Fi and if its really Fe+Ti working together or if it can be real Fi, but most the times its just introverting Fe using Ti
    -about strong functions vs function roles
    -differences between jungs work, mbti, socionics, keirseys model etc. (what parts work in some typologies and what doesent)
    -problems on testing the types
    -what they are useful for

the essay should be mostly about writing about other peoples work and not too much of self theorizing, so the subjects should be something that i could find some writings(and their sources) about.

anyone got some ideas for more topics i could write about?