User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    yupp

so lets say some one has one eye looking the lower left and the other to upper right, does that mean they're using both feeling and thinking? I actually don't know anyone who can do that (look two ways at once).

or when we roll our eyes, is it like expereincing each function for a split nano second?
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

This is interesting heart!

I almost always look to the top right...or at least in the right direction, up or down, when I'm contemplating. I think my eyes naturally move to the right. But when I'm really inward, I honestly don't think I'm looking in any direction - just straight ahead, but obviously not focusing on anything. Lost in thought.

And when I realized just now that I need to get groceries, and I started thinking about what I want to cook tonight, my eyes moved to the left, more down than up.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    INTP

I look to the upper right when I'm frustrated, and the lower right when... I don't know. Unconsciously. Otherwise I just look straight. I also look to the upper left at times.
    "I can write better than anybody who can write faster, and I can write faster than anybody who can write better."
    - A. J. Liebling

MBTI
    Intp
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

Hm, this rings a strong NLP-bell to me, but then it has to do with your mental activity at that very moment. A link with MBTI seems absurd to me...
    Vanitas vanitatum omnia vanitas

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Well for me when I'm remembering details, my eyes look down to the right. When I'm telling a story, they look to the left of whoever I'm talking to...and when I'm telling facts/figures, they look to the right. When I imagine something, my eyes AND head slowly rotate to the left. When I'm trying to sort out some mess in my head, I look off to the right.

But I think in my case it has to do more with brain halves and which one is dominating at the time.

MBTI
    infp

For me, feeling type reflection involves looking down... like down and centre. Inuitive thoughts are just kind of staring into space, or if I'm taling to someone, into their eyes (cause I always make eye contact).

I'm skeptical of this theory, personally... it probably has merit on an individual level but it seems like it would be different for everyone.

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    fuck

I asked my husband to describe his office without telling him why, and he looked down and to the right. He's left handed, so I wonder if brain hemisphere dominance has an influence.
    There's reason to be afraid, and reason to open your heart. ~ Seal

Refreshment for your ears: www.kexp.org

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Hmmmm inward reflection for me is looking downwards (center or slightly to the right while attempting to recall), strategic thinking/planning is always upper right. I never look to the left... and I'm suppose to be an NF.

MBTI
    INFP

Seems like a variation of the NLP Accessing Cues: The famous NLP Eye Accessing Cues in Neuro-Linguistic Programming

Clipped this part from it:
    Eye Direction and Cognitive Function-nlp-jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post

But here's what I personally notice:

If I look up and to my right, I find it easier to add/subtract numbers.
    Do you do this by visually remembering previous mathematical operations? Or visually constructing them? Or neither?

In theory it should mean you're accessing visual memories. Unless you're not right handed.

If I look down and to my left, my mind seems to become clear/calm, and I hear sound more clearly.
    Theoretically that should be directly left or right.

If I look up and to my left, I begin thinking of random words or phrases together in unusual ways, most of which make absolutely no sense.

If you're right handed it'd make much more sense to look right here, as that's where the creative accessing cues are located according to the theory.

If I look down and to my right, I start thinking that I must terribly suggestable for even contemplating such a silly idea, and that I should quit messing with my eyes before I go cross-eyed.
    Ok, according to the theory you're using kinesthetic then: Used to access feelings. This is actually a collection of rep systems and senses, including emotions, sensations of temperature, motion, pressure, pain and pleasure, body awareness, and gravity.
    If it's switched in you, it would be Aud. dig., also often called auditory internal dialogue. "The little voice in your head".

Could someone map these to what the author of the page wrote, and see if it's similar, inverted, or even slightly related to what was written?
    Not sure how it relates to what the author of the page wrote, but it seems to fit somewhat with NLP Accessing Cues theory, especially if you're left handed. The L/R directions seem mostly switched, but up/down seems about right in my eyes. So I'm guessing you're left handed. If you're not, you've just proven how unreliable this thing is.

Quote Originally Posted by anii View Post
    I asked my husband to describe his office without telling him why, and he looked down and to the right. He's left handed, so I wonder if brain hemisphere dominance has an influence.
    It does in the NLP theory. Not sure if it's simply mirrored in left handed people, but the theory clearly says it only works like the table shows in RH people. Hm... he should have been looking up if it's simply mirrored though, and to your right to visually remember an image. Perhaps he was asking himself "why does she want to know? Is this some sort of trickery?" That'd explain the look down.

Edit: Found this one:
    Most right-handed people move their eyes in the directions shown in these diagrams - up for visual, level for auditory, down for language and feelings, to their right for constructed data, and to their left for remembered. Some left-handed people's accessing cues are mirrored from left to right, and some people may have completely different layouts altogether.
    From Calibration and Eye Accessing Cues
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I have arms for a fucking reaosn, so come hold me. Then we'll fuvk! Whoooooh! - GZA

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Carebear View Post
    Not sure how it relates to what the author of the page wrote, but it seems to fit somewhat with NLP Accessing Cues theory, especially if you're left handed. The L/R directions seem mostly switched, but up/down seems about right in my eyes. So I'm guessing you're left handed. If you're not, you've just proven how unreliable this thing is.
    No, I'm right handed, and left-brained too. I also seem to have poorer than normal spatial skills.

I assumed the directions based on looking at my hands, assuming that when I was looking towards the hand that made a backwards "L" with my thumb extended, I was looking at my right hand (and hence my right side), and that when I was looking towards the hand with a normal "L," I was looking at my left. I'm not sure you got that I was mapping it as I looked out from my eyes, and didn't manage to represent it the way other people would see it when looking at my eyes. I can't figure out their intent in creating it, how to "convert" the map, or whether it needs conversion.