User Tag List

12 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTp

Default Can't stop shit-talking (specifically for J types)? I'm curious why.

There are sometimes (rare) valid and legitimate concerns for shit-talking or (gasp) gossiping.. I'm not talking about those.

I'm basically curious why you can't shut the fuck up, whether in public or in private, about all the little nothings happening, and feel so utterly compelled to comment on (and get worked up about) every single fucking thing in an overdone and excessively judgmental tone. They would literally sit there and talk shit about every single fucking detail (happening or about someone) and feel completely (whether in public or in private) valid for doing so.

This annoys the hell out of even my critical ass, and I'm looking for some insight so I won't have to keep getting annoyed when I hear them going off.

Everything. Everything. Every little fucking thing! Didn't get your way? Things not going the way you want? After hearing you talk shit about everything: tough!

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Yeah, these kinds of people are annoying as fuck. I've taken either to ignoring them entirely, spacing-out during conversation, or outright telling them to STFU. The former two can lead to loss of friendship (if you even want it anymore...whiners really are awful to deal with), and the latter can lead to bitch fights, which are tiring.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

I thoroughly agree with both of the above posts.

Ps, trashtalking trashtalkers!

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

To the OP: Extraverted Judging function. Also the JePe loop. We externalize our interpretations of a situation (complaints) on account of it. Your reticence can be perceived by us to be a lack of interest in actually seeking common ground or understanding ("Why are we even associating ourselves with you if you aren't going to help us understand ourselves?".) Try asking questions, via Ti and Ne, to further clarify what they mean and it'll give them a good ego boost. Try to withhold judgment, they could see that as an affront to what they value. They will calm down and focus on what is actually going on inside themselves. Subsequently, you may develop an interest in their perspective.

If this person is an ENXJ that you are complaining about: JeSe explains the need to mete out every last detail in order that we may arrive at a new revelation in understanding via Ni.

If this person is ESXJ: They are using circular logic via Si to justify their own societal norms.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTp

It's like when people start entire threads just to bitch about someone. I hate that.
    MBTI: INTP (PNIT if you wanna put it in order of strength.)
    Socionics: INTp
    Enneagram: 5w4
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: (usually) Very Liberal
    Religious Stance: (roughly) Secular Humanist
    Class: Wizard
    Stereotype: Geek/Hippie

Also, credit for my new avatar goes to this person. I found it on the google.

Yeah? Fuck, God forbid someone expresses a personal opinion they're entitled to.

Let's throw all musicians in jail.
    Veni, Vidi, Cessi.

ThatGirl

I can't stand shit talkers, the only thing you can do is tell them how uncomfortable you are participating in or over hearing a conversation like that. Then they will assume you're not "cool", go to another room, and talk shit about you. I think, "well that ought to keep them busy for a while."

Quote Originally Posted by JAVO View Post
    I thoroughly agree with both of the above posts.
    Seconded. Not much else to say. It's one thing to have complaints, but I can't hang around constant whining.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Listening to an ENFP male talk about anyone and everything is in my opinion extremely funny. He is one of my great friends, but I don't trust him as far as I can throw him.

Frankly, these people are typically sad. Often, I kick back, and shut them down with a snide remark. Or I laugh along and am then snarky or sarcastic.

That sort of stuff will always come back to people. I think it is a sign of being extremely unhappy with yourself.

And as my ISTP dad would say: they have to live with themselves.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex