User Tag List

First 12

Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalViolet View Post
    According to the holiday test I would be Fe orientated, Snort. There are some clever tests on Vicki-jo's but that ain't one of them. It just means I'm a romantic, and cheap (hand made crafts). P.s. What's more authentic than poring your heart and soul into a hand made gift?
    Agreed. I'm a handmade-presents person too..and, yes, being cheap is one of my reasons for it as well. Anyway, people really love that sort of stuff, especially if the gift is really personalised.
    You save money, it's a fun hobby, you learn something, and there's the "Aww! You made this just for me???" factor - 4 birds with one stone.
    5w4
    Reserved RCUEI

MBTI
    sfj

Default Fe perspective

1. What is your type?
    Esfj (slight chance of introvert but default extrovert until proven otherwise)

2. How does your feeling function help you in social situations? Does it make you more focused on other people's feelings? Does it make it easier to tell how someone is feeling?
    Yes, I definitely have a knack for interpreting how someone is feeling or the groups collective "feel" and I usually know how to handle the situation in terms of appropriateness. People's feelings can also affect mine though if I feel threatened, insulted or responsible.

3. Describe how you experience empathy/sympathy. When you see someone sad, how do you respond? What do you want to do for that person?
    For an Esfj I am unusually awkward/uncomfortable in handling negative feelings. I ashamedly try avoid, defer or distract with humour/inappropriateness. I would say I feel sympathy for those closest to me and I would try make them feel better by doing something for them that I know makes happy or takes their mind off the problem.

4. How does this video make you feel? You may choose a different video/song if this one doesn't do anything for you.
    It doesn't really spur on much feelings to be honest. Songs with lyrics that are either relevant to a current situation or tied with a memory are usually ones that bring on any kind of emotion.

5. Take the holiday test. Where do you stand on this?
    I'd have to admit to being more on the generalized Fe side. I wouldn't say quite as extravagant but I do like to make an effort on "special" days - for a very small select amount if people, if ever more than my boyfriend. I like "special" days as it is convenient, dated, expected and much easier to go with the flow than try to wade against the tide and get all moody about it. Even in a tiny way, I would say I embrace rather than restrain.

6. How do you feel about social norms and traditions? Should they be respected? Are there times when you think people should ignore them?
    I think they should be respected under the correct circumstances, some social norms are irrelevant amongst certain groups of friends, while others expect it. Although admittedly sometimes tedious or draining, I much prefer the effort to respect social norms than to deal with the discomfort or emotional negativity that may come from going against it. Fe does not think its acceptable to ignore them while Fi does: this is because Fe is more concerned with harmony of the group while Fi would be more concerned with personal strain.

7. What do you think about this: (originally posted by curiousjane from INTJ Forum)
    Pretty cool abstract painting of the differences. It basically says Fe is external and more tangible while Fi is internal and less visible - but still there.

8. What is your opinion on the idea that Fe is more shallow than Fi and Fi is more selfish than Fe? Is this a misconception, or do you think there's some truth to it?
    I think it is a gross overstatement of the core drives for these functions. So correct in meaning but incorrect in negative connotation. Fe is concerned with outwardly appearance and Fi is more concerned with inwardly values. This does not make either shallow or selfish, shallowness and selfishness is contextual, but it is true that others can perceive these functions this way because of the misunderstanding of core values between the two.

9. What do you like best about your feeling function?
    The ability to read people and determine the feel of situations and what people want. And I must mention the worst being the conflict I experience when thinking I am doing someone good, or at least the intention being there, but meanwhile doing the exact opposite (a problem experienced with Fi people) and coming out by doing harm instead of the anticipated good.

10. Is there anything you envy about the other feeling function?
    I envy Fi's conservatism as well as the ability to think about oneself first, despite circumstances.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

1) What is your type?
    INTJ, presumably.
    2) How does your feeling function help you in social situations? Does it make you more focused on other people's feelings? Does it make it easier to tell how someone is feeling?
    It softens out my hard edges, so to speak. It won't help me focus on other people's feelings, but it'll help me focus on my feelings, and if I'm feeling a certain way then I can infer that a certain person might be feeling a similar way, and I'll be more kindly to them. However, no, it doesn't make it easier to tell.
    3) Describe how you experience empathy/sympathy. When you see someone sad, how do you respond? What do you want to do for that person?
    Empathy is a gut punch, like I see a person and I just know what they're going through. Sympathy is a little more difficult, it seems kind of condescending at times. How I respond to a sad person depends on the person. Some people need their space, and I get that. Some people want a pat on the back or advice, and I'll do that. Some people just want someone to vent to. I have a great deal more trouble doing that, but I will if I care about the person.
    4) How does this video make you feel? You may choose a different video/song if this one doesn't do anything for you.
    It was super pretty and had a nice message...but I didn't feel anything.
    5) Take the holiday test. Where do you stand on this?
    I definitely fit the "reject the norm" pattern. This is probably more out of laziness than anything, though.
    6) How do you feel about social norms and traditions? Should they be respected? Are there times when you think people should ignore them?
    I think that if social norms and traditions work for you, then go ahead and respect them by all means, but don't expect others to feel the same. People can ignore them any time they want if it doesn't harm anyone beyond a superficial judgemental level.
    7) What do you think about this
    Vague, makes Fe sound trite and Fi sound selfish.
    8) What is your opinion on the idea that Fe is more shallow than Fi and Fi is more selfish than Fe? Is this a misconception, or do you think there's some truth to it?
    It's a misconception and there's some truth. It depends on the situation and the perspective.
    9) What do you like best about your feeling function?
    When I feel things, I really feel them. Like the knowledge is right there, in my gut, and it's up to me to respect it.
    10) Is there anything you envy about the other feeling function?
    Perhaps the sensitivity to other people's feelings.
    1w9 sx/sp
    A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants.

All that is gold does not glitter
    Not all those who wander are lost

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

1) What is your type?
    ENFP

2) How does your feeling function help you in social situations? Does it make you more focused on other people's feelings? Does it make it easier to tell how someone is feeling?
    yes, it makes it easy to “feel out” another person and get on the same level as them. it is easy for me to get an idea of how to interact with another person in a way that is comfortable for them. i don't mean to say i necessarily know how they're feeling, but i have a good understanding of how to engage with them in a “mode” similar to the vibe they are sending out. i do think Ne also plays into this.

3) Describe how you experience empathy/sympathy. When you see someone sad, how do you respond? What do you want to do for that person?
    i feel sad also and want to help, which i think is really astoundingly common, and has little to do with function, at least amongst feelers. what may be different is that i feel a desire to sit them down, speak with them, and help them overcome things from the inside. i do not feel such a strong push to actively -do- something about it as i believe many Fe users feel.

4) How does this*video*make you feel? You may choose a different video/song if this one doesn't do anything for you.*
    that's beautiful!! very inspiring. i don't really like the song – it's kind of a downer to me - but i love the artwork.

5) Take the*holiday test. Where do you stand on this?
    total fail. i love holidays and i am a keeper of holiday tradition.

6) How do you feel about social norms and traditions? Should they be respected? Are there times when you think people should ignore them?
    i think they should always be open to questioning and reconsideration, but if they are harmless and/or if they have purpose, i do think they should be respected. i additionally think there should be no pressure for people to follow them if they do not choose to. i believe that tradition is less about what is done and more about why it is done. the “heart” of tradition should always be what's most important. to me, tradition is a way to reach across time and space, and to create focus on the heart of things. it draws and binds people together.

7) What do you think about this: [Fe is the lava...]
    it seems a little Fi-biased.

8) What is your opinion on the idea that Fe is more shallow than Fi and Fi is more selfish than Fe? Is this a misconception, or do you think there's some truth to it?
    i think they are both true and valid ideas. Fe is necessarily more shallow because it cannot waste the energy required to plumb every inch of a soul if it is going to reach out to the hearts of millions. Fi is necessarily more selfish because it cannot reach out to the hearts of millions if it is going to plumb the depths of individual souls.

9) What do you like best about your feeling function?
    it makes me like people and interacting with people. it lights up the world.

10) Is there anything you envy about the other feeling function?
    of course – most of all, the awareness of others. i do not have a good ability to concentrate on more than a couple people at once.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

1) What is your type? INFP
    2) How does your feeling function help you in social situations? Does it make you more focused on other people's feelings? Does it make it easier to tell how someone is feeling? I can understand others comparing their feeling to my experience. I'm pretty tactful and supportive but I have to say I can be blind sometimes, because I'm focused on myself. I try to understand others' feeling just to know how to behave. Basically, I understand only the feelings of people I care about because I pay a lot of attention to them.
    Really, I'd love to run away because I'm scared of saying something wrong. But I always stay, trying to make the person see the "bright side" and telling him/her I also felt that way.
    I put myself in their place. The problem is not everybody is like me, so I may not be helpful for everyone. I don't like seeing sad people because it makes me feel sad too and I don't want to.
    4) How does this video make you feel? You may choose a different video/song if this one doesn't do anything for you. It makes me feel anxious.
    5) Take the holiday test. Where do you stand on this? I don't like Valentine's Day, I prefer Christmas or birthdays. It's not because I have to, but because I really like giving presents. It's a nice tradition, so I follow it.
    6) How do you feel about social norms and traditions? Should they be respected? Are there times when you think people should ignore them? They should be respected only if they are good.
    7) Too poetic and not always true? But I somehow like it.
    8) What is your opinion on the idea that Fe is more shallow than Fi and Fi is more selfish than Fe? Is this a misconception, or do you think there's some truth to it? Fi isn't selfish, it's self-centred. Fe is awesome but bad Fe may become fake (they do something only because they want to appear in a certain way).
    9) What do you like best about your feeling function? Personal values.
    10) Is there anything you envy about the other feeling function? Fe users are socially confortable, while I'm not.
    INFP 9w8 5w4 4w5 sx/sp/so
    Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Te