User Tag List

123 Last

Ginkgo

Default Introversion=Extraversion?

Okay, so I've been inspired by a few sources to juggle some ideas around bout the nature of introversion and extraversion. Imagine if, through introversion, you dug deep enough into your own subjectivity and "inner world" that you say the "outer-world" as clear as possible. I'm going to guess that doing so would require full acknowledgement that your inner-world is just that and nothing else.

Bear with me.

If this is true, would recognition of one's inner-world be possible by turning one's eye entirely into the outer-world?

If you don't quite grasp what my meaning is, please ask.

I'm namely starting this thread because I would be interested to see if any extraverts resonate with the idea that if they lended everything they had into extraversion, then they would find their introverted side in full light.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

are you high?
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    are you high?
    No.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

When I introvert more, it gets ...... weirder and not more 'real'.

This is touching on my old schtick about the tert function being naturally opposite the dominant. And when it's not opposite the dominant, and it combines into the same attitude as the dominant, and is used predominantly for long periods of time and the aux ignored, you get either extreme introversion or extraversion, which can result in neuroses. But I know most people don't buy that Jungian position because they've learned mbti, and other more current function theories.

You are suggesting your functions suddenly juxtapose and become the opposite attitude, i.e. if you introvert more, you will suddenly extravert and see the light?
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

External world is just a mental image built inside your head. extraversion is putting a meaning to this mental image from inside of your head. introversion is removing irrelevant and making deductions of this mental image.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    No.
    Don't listen to her sir. She's a bit evil. She tried to get me to type myself an INFP because of a stereotype when I didn't have knowledge.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    When I introvert more, it gets ...... weirder and not more 'real'.
    So that's how you work.

You are suggesting your functions suddenly juxtapose and become the opposite attitude, i.e. if you introvert more, you will suddenly extravert and see the light?
    It's not necessarily that you "extravert". What I'm suggesting is that, through introversion, you acknowledge your introversion in much the same way enneagram practitioners suggest that you may escape the trappings of your primary enneagram type by noticing patterns in your faulty thinking processes. If you know the thesis, then it follows that you know the antithesis, even if you are still occupied by the thesis. It's basically differentiating between the rest of the world and you.

deleted

Either way I introvert or extrovert I'm not anywhere near reality so idk. Reality is boring.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Cat View Post
    Don't listen to her sir. She's a bit evil. She tried to get me to type myself an INFP because of a stereotype when I didn't have knowledge.
    Well, in the spirit of this thread, if she is evil, then knowing her will give you some insight into good.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    Either way I introvert or extrovert I'm not anywhere near reality so idk. Reality is boring.
    I'm not talking about reality. What I said, explicitly, was seeing as clear as possible.