User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    Well, in the spirit of this thread, if she is evil, then knowing her will give you some insight into good.
    This thread has a spirit wooooooOOOoooo

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Cat View Post
    This thread has a spirit wooooooOOOoooo

MBTI
    INXP

Hahaha! Well played!

I read somewhere you can understand the universe sitting at the kitchen table so I reckon either way is true.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I read somewhere you can understand the universe sitting at the kitchen table so I reckon either way is true.
    It's possible in one way or another, I'm sure.

Glycerine

As an extrovert, when I introspect more, I go into weird trancelike state where I start to question my perceptions of what I got through my senses. I start to engage in a lot of metacognition and my perceptions have more clarity up to a certain point. Is that what you are getting at?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Does this fall along the trail of conjuring certain epiphanies of the given understanding of what we perceive to be the universe?

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Cat View Post
    Don't listen to her sir. She's a bit evil. She tried to get me to type myself an INFP because of a stereotype when I didn't have knowledge.

I think INFPs can be brilliantly creative.

It's not necessarily that you "extravert". What I'm suggesting is that, through introversion, you acknowledge your introversion in much the same way enneagram practitioners suggest that you may escape the trappings of your primary enneagram type by noticing patterns in your faulty thinking processes. If you know the thesis, then it follows that you know the antithesis, even if you are still occupied by the thesis. It's basically differentiating between the rest of the world and you.
    I think that introverting a function does just that; goes inward. For an introvert, going inward is one's specialty and would be the way one would understand and make sense of the whole world.

I sort of disagree with your premise, even though I don't know much about enneagram. I don't think of one's thought processes as faulty. I think how we think is always right for us at the time. Our brains are extremely efficient and, well, smart. We find the best way we can to process and deal with the stuff happening to us. How can that ever be wrong. I think the only way to 'fix' that is to ascend through life and have enough experiences to flesh out our undifferentiated functions, making them comfortable as well. But I do not believe we could, or should, force this process.

Other than that. It would take some sort of entheogen for my mind to let go and get sucked into the introverted vortex out onto the other side.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post

So evil. Just putting stereotype over stereotype to point me to INFP again and again. But aha! INTPs can be brilliantly creative also.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post

I think that introverting a function does just that; goes inward. For an introvert, going inward is one's specialty and would be the way one would understand and make sense of the whole world.

I sort of disagree with your premise, even though I don't know much about enneagram. I don't think of one's thought processes as faulty. I think how we think is always right for us at the time. Our brains are extremely efficient and, well, smart. We find the best way we can to process and deal with the stuff happening to us. How can that ever be wrong. I think the only way to 'fix' that is to ascend through life and have enough experiences to flesh out our undifferentiated functions, making them comfortable as well. But I do not believe we could, or should, force this process.

Other than that. It would take some sort of entheogen for my mind to let go and get sucked into the introverted vortex out onto the other side.
    I may have overstepped my bounds when I used the word faulty or imply that our tendencies are inherently dysfunctional. That's not what I was trying to give the impression of. If one's natural tendencies and instincts prevent them from either exploring themselves or exploring something else until they dig up better solutions, then I cannot honestly say that those tendencies act beneficially. To get a bit paradoxical, they may act beneficially when the person who is apprehended by them moves beyond them, maybe with some creativity to boot. Our prejudices and those judgments we make that are nearly unconscious to us do frequently serve to keep us alive, to help us avoid pain, and to maintain a level of common sense. However, at what point are they completely moot in a new time and a new day? More importantly, at what point do you let them guide you when you ought to be the one behind the wheel?

Sure, our brains are smart. But we might be dumb enough not to exploit their potential.

No, "force", is not what I'm trying to suggest. If anything, I am suggesting that we ought to try our hand at letting go.