• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which type is the least accurate at typing others?

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ESTJ - some of the most ludicrous typings I've seen have been from an ESTJ.

mujigay

Intergalactic Badass
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Noooooo, these things have to do with the individual, not the type, yadayadayada.

Just kidding.

The ESTJs I know are particularly terrible at guessing types. That tends to be because they don't give a damn about MBTI/Jung more than anything, though.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The worst typers are those who:

Have a superficial understanding of MBTI and view types as stereotypes and see what stereotypes the person fits closest to. For example, he seems nerdy, so maybe INTP? Or he is good at drawing and painting so ISFP?

Those who read a brief article on MBTI and claim to know it all without delving deeper into the nuances.

I find it hard to trust typing opinions from those who aren't even sure of their own type.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
The N types in general, because by nature they are less observant. Which is why most of the people on this site are bad at typing people. ;)

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
The N types in general, because by nature they are less observant. Which is why most of the people on this site are bad at typing people. ;)

If I may refine that a bit: N types are observant, but they interpret things in their reality abstractly and subjectively and thats a problem

Xenon

(blankpages)
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I find it hard to trust typing opinions from those who aren't even sure of their own type.

Yeah, gotta love people who can't figure out their own type and still act like the authority on someone else's.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
If I may refine that a bit: N types are observant, but they interpret things in their reality abstractly and subjectively and thats a problem

That's a good refinement. And many members of this site have made me appreciate the Intuitive type people I know in my daily life a lot more. :)

chris1207

MBTI Type
XNXX
Enneagram
3w2
I don't know if ENFJ's are the worst by I can admit my types shortcomings. If our Ti is too shittily developed, we are unable to express the deep inner visions that our Ni often has (this is true of many things in life.) The visions are legitimate, however, due to our perpetual focus (Se) on people and the impact we have on them (Fe) as well as our subconscious interpolation of details (Se > Ni), such as facial expressions, paralanguage and body language (Fe+Se.)

We know what we know but when we can't adequately express it via Ti. We have no external validation of our logic and start to fly off the handle via Se to search for a new understanding (apparently ours is 'wrong'.)

I'd imagine INFJ's have similar but inverse problems (lack of social focus (Fe+Se) and over-reliance on steadfast logic without details to substantiate their rationale (Ti => Se.)

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Is there an MBTI type that sticks out to you that is worse than the other types at typing people?

Psychology is about intuition.
Intuition is about perception.
Perception introverts the rational function.
NP complements SJ.
A complement is a full number.

H

Hate

Psychology is about intuition.
Intuition is about perception.

tumblr_lqyfb5zC5z1qjd7hro1_500.png

StarsPer

MBTI Type
INFJ

As opposed to interpretting them what other ways? And, is there some type that has miraculously escaped the barrier of their thoughts and feelings all being subjective?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
As opposed to interpretting them what other ways? And, is there some type that has miraculously escaped the barrier of their thoughts and feelings all being subjective?

Answering your second question firsthand: No there isnt. And it is from a physical standpoint not possible and never will be. So regarding that everyone interprets reality abstractly.

Now comes the role of mbti: mbti says that everyone has his S and N abilities, the difference is just who lays preference on what. And thats about it. You can for example on the one hand have a guy who invests into apples cause he has reached the abstract conclusion that apples will go up in price thru the roof. And you can have a guy who doesnt do that because he doesnt trust this abstract assesment. An equal thing you can witness the strongest in the business world or your daily life. Thats where most N types have their problems. While to the N the world is easy, freely constructed out of his freeflowing connections, abstractions and imaginations, the S is more concentrated on how the world really is and whats fact. Both types cant exist without the other and if you break everything down to the basic elements you will always end with the conclusion that every person on the world is a subjective abstract thinker. Cause thats what we are.

I have in my own thinking developed a sort of dimensional thinking in which I categorize ways to think for complexity on different layers. That makes it easier to focus and to not mix things up, cause your intention for example is on a very basic humane level. My definitions of N and S relate more to a way to organize good work and cooperation between the two types and since work related stuff isnt necessarily on a humane level, you'ld have to think differently here.

My boss and me are good examples. She is a total S and I am crazy. If I was the boss the company would be sold already. So its her stabilizing element that makes it possible to function at all. She tho is no type who has no ideas on the contrary, being a SJ type she takes longer to actually come out with an idea, but when she does its perfect. I have 10 ideas everyday, but only 3 are somewhat useable and only 1 is really good. And my boss has always the better formal and factual overview of what all needs to be done for a project to work. So you see here just a difference in preference for thought.

I am convinced when I am getting older, I'll be more like my boss with experience. And here is a point when the whole S and N concept becomes wishywashy. Cause it would say when a N type gets old he becomes more S by experience. I dunno what to do with that

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP

Object does not create the subject.
Subject creates the object.
Is the object there?
Only when you look.

Kurlyjew

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
That's a good refinement. And many members of this site have made me appreciate the Intuitive type people I know in my daily life a lot more. :)

Hmmm, that sounded a bit arrogant. I can know many "S" types who admittedly cant type well (ISTP, ESTJ, ESTP, ESFJ) and many N types who are quite accurate (my INTJ sister, INFJ, ENFP, INFP), , and can type a person after 5 minutes of observation. You forget that Ns are very observant in that they see beyond what is on the surface (like rather than just noting a certain nuance about an individual, they see where it comes from and what that person's motivation is for behaving that way, and so deduce I) E) N) S) F) T) P) J). I would say that the best "Typing" types are SFs and NFs. Also, N's aren't "out of touch with reality" and its hurtful when we are under appreciated just because we see so far down the road of what could be, that we miss whats under our noses. But that does make us visionaries, and if it weren't that vision, we'd still be in the dark ages. Remember, N's see what could be AND what is. They just focus on the "could be". That's the catalyst that lead to discoveries such as "the world is round", the lightbulb, the theory of relativity, the renaissance, and many of the world revolutions. Not that that Ss had no part in it (we all need each other, I'm not trying to put Ss down at all. Just standing up for the little guy in this conversation), but N's do give us dreams, and something to work towards/ strive for, and the world is better for it.

badger055

Permabanned
Intuitives can't analyze for shit. The stuff they say is not even based in reality. INTJs and ENTPs are the worst offenders.

[MENTION=21287]Kurlyjew[/MENTION]
Yea ok that's some bullshit. I doubt anyone here can type better than me.