User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    Yes, it's too restrictive.
    A personal personality distorter.
    Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    Not wanting to label yourself according to type is so infp. just sayin.
    There now you've gone and hurt my sensibilities.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

No, it doesn't hurt my sensibilities. I don't take profiles too literally; I see them as illustrations of how a type often looks. I also don't see them as defining ME. The type fits ME the best of the 16, I don't fit the type, so that I am not limited to the type's description of typical abilities/tendencies.

I suggest learning more about the theory & doing more self-evaluation until your best fit emerges. Focus on viewing types as thinking styles over behaviors/skills.

As a side point, if you are debating between one type and INFP, people will always tell you that you're INFP. Apparently anyone who considers INFP must be INFP. Even if you're not considering INFP, if you don't accept your test results & instead consider other types, then you're probably INFP (/sarcasm).
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

As long as you don't take it seriously, it shouldn't hurt anyone's sensibilities.
    1w9 sx/sp
    A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants.

All that is gold does not glitter
    Not all those who wander are lost

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Cat View Post
    A personal personality distorter.
    I have the same disorder.

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    No, it doesn't hurt my sensibilities. I don't take profiles too literally; I see them as illustrations of how a type often looks. I also don't see them as defining ME. The type fits ME the best of the 16, I don't fit the type, so that I am not limited to the type's description of typical abilities/tendencies.

I suggest learning more about the theory & doing more self-evaluation until your best fit emerges. Focus on viewing types as thinking styles over behaviors/skills.

As a side point, if you are debating between one type and INFP, people will always tell you that you're INFP. Apparently anyone who considers INFP must be INFP. Even if you're not considering INFP, if you don't accept your test results & instead consider other types, then you're probably INFP (/sarcasm).
    After reading about Fi it makes sense because of a personal identity factor. I wonder what people would say if someone debated about whether they are an INFP or an ISFP.
    I'm doing as you say. Learning the theory and it's teaching me funny things.

Quote Originally Posted by mujigay View Post
    As long as you don't take it seriously, it shouldn't hurt anyone's sensibilities.
    Most truly.

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    I have the same disorder.
    I hope your sensibilities are not hurt.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

How could you take it not serious ?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    How could you take it not serious ?
    Not quite sure that I'm fully understanding what you're asking, mind rephrasing that?
    1w9 sx/sp

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

I think if someone feels like they have to live up to their type profiles (which I think is true of many people on this site), then it's most likely because they're mistyped and trying to be a type that they're not.

And none of that kind of behavior has anything to do with MBTI itself, but rather with communities that glorify certain traits over others to the point that people want to be a certain way.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Not quite sure that I'm fully understanding what you're asking, mind rephrasing that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    I think if someone feels like they have to live up to their type profiles (which I think is true of many people on this site), then it's most likely because they're mistyped and trying to be a type that they're not.

And none of that kind of behavior has anything to do with MBTI itself, but rather with communities that glorify certain traits over others to the point that people want to be a certain way.
    If you were sure about who you are in the first place, I am quite sure you would be warded against mbti. But how many people really are that, maybe 1-2 % of them all ? Most people who come here are in search for answers regarding what to do with themselves, how they effect others and what to do with their lifes.

Telling those people: dont take mbti to seriously, well that wouldnt make sense to them considering the point of life they are at, at their moment.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    If you were sure about who you are in the first place, I am quite sure you would be warded against mbti. But how many people really are that, maybe 1-2 % of them all ? Most people who come here are in search for answers regarding what to do with themselves, how they effect others and what to do with their lifes.

Telling those people: dont take mbti to seriously, well that wouldnt make sense to them considering the point of life they are at, at their moment.
    But the thing is, how much can MBTI really aid in self-discovery? Sure, it might give you a couple insights into who you are, but at the end of the day, it's a caricature, and if you're seeking self-actualization or even just some insight into who you are as a human being, I don't think that canned profiles are the best thing to take to heart.

Don't get me wrong, I think it can point people in the right direction to self-improvement or perhaps understanding the behavior of other people. But taking too seriously is more likely to confuse someone in search of their identity than help them.
    1w9 sx/sp