User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 60

  1. #21
    Senior Member Mr. Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    MBTI
    INXP
    Posts
    155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie Jesus View Post
    Yeah, as I said, it was just my impression from a couple of posts, but it is up to you to type yourself. There's no rush. You might want to consider the other functions too. Sometimes the function tests suggest INTJ for me, since a couple of slightly different answers enhance the Ni and Te results a little, even though Ti still wins out, but I think I fit the INTP description somewhat better.
    I dont think Ill give it a rush for now then. Ill take my time seeing the different functions and how mbti works before I decide things.

  2. #22
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Cat View Post
    Did you go and assume that by my explanations in this thread I made, I focus over 50% of my mind on human beings with the feeling factor controlling my insights? Isnt the point of this website to learn about certain psychology which is applied to human beings? Does that make this an F website?

    Anyway, my point is that if I choose an mbti outfit, I might think I have to stick with it and that might make me lose the traits of the other outfits. I have to lighten my thought of the outfit and not make it a big deal.
    Yea I assumed that, what other option do I have, I dont know jack about you. Its what everybody does all day: assuming and assuming.

    This website basically has the purpose to teach young adults self-conciencse and trust in their abilities. Whatever theories are necessary for that. Thats the official version, the inofficial version is that it is a huge dating site for entropie.

    You'll figure that at some point you will have to choose an outfit for you and stick with that for some time. Life will some day be so big and have so many demands towards you that you'll be glad if you have a stable personality you can rely on. But if it does help you: even I dont know after 11k posts what I am. Sometimes I am a rude entj, sometimes a benevolent connaisseur as in enfj, sometimes I am a dork as in entp, you never know and why would you need to ?

    That is the only question I do ask myself: why do I need to know who I am ? What if someone tells you: you are this and that and you dont agree. You'd say no I am not and so you have learned nothing. What if a person tells you you are this and that and you say yes thats me, what would you have learned ? nothing. the point is: you will always be and you will never know who you are, you can always only pretend to
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  3. #23
    Member MiriMiriAru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    See that is a typical Ti-answer answer ("Read up on the functions moron !" )
    I tried to make it sound nice.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Cat View Post
    I dont think Ill give it a rush for now then. Ill take my time seeing the different functions and how mbti works before I decide things.
    That's probably the best approach.

  4. #24
    Senior Member Mr. Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    MBTI
    INXP
    Posts
    155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Yea I assumed that, what other option do I have, I dont know jack about you. Its what everybody does all day: assuming and assuming.

    This website basically has the purpose to teach young adults self-conciencse and trust in their abilities. Whatever theories are necessary for that. Thats the official version, the inofficial version is that it is a huge dating site for entropie.

    You'll figure that at some point you will have to choose an outfit for you and stick with that for some time. Life will some day be so big and have so many demands towards you that you'll be glad if you have a stable personality you can rely on. But if it does help you: even I dont know after 11k posts what I am. Sometimes I am a rude entj, sometimes a benevolent connaisseur as in enfj, sometimes I am a dork as in entp, you never know and why would you need to ?

    That is the only question I do ask myself: why do I need to know who I am ? What if someone tells you: you are this and that and you dont agree. You'd say no I am not and so you have learned nothing. What if a person tells you you are this and that and you say yes thats me, what would you have learned ? nothing. the point is: you will always be and you will never know who you are, you can always only pretend to
    People do go and assume things all day. Only some do not assume so quickly with a little bit of information.
    The website has a deep official purpose but for the unofficial purpose, wonder how that worked.

    I know if I go too deep into mbti and stay long enough learning about it I will want to put an outfit on. That's why I dont want to have one right now. I want to wait until it lightens up and I know things in more detail. I need to lighten it up so I do feel like I need to become what the type profile says the type is.

  5. #25
    Glycerine
    Guest

    Default

    Think of your outfit as something you can tweak with your own personal touches. . It's not an end all be all outfit.

  6. #26
    Senior Member Mr. Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    MBTI
    INXP
    Posts
    155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    Think of your outfit as something you can tweak with your own personal touches. . It's not an end all be all outfit.
    That the plan I think but it requires time.

  7. #27
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Cat View Post
    People do go and assume things all day. Only some do not assume so quickly with a little bit of information.
    The website has a deep official purpose but for the unofficial purpose, wonder how that worked.

    I know if I go too deep into mbti and stay long enough learning about it I will want to put an outfit on. That's why I dont want to have one right now. I want to wait until it lightens up and I know things in more detail. I need to lighten it up so I do feel like I need to become what the type profile says the type is.
    Ok then you have made your decision.

    but we better end this now or I will go to hurt your sensibilities, I am pretty harsh, you know germans, lost 2 wars and know have to tantalize people over the internet

    i wish you the best of luck
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  8. #28
    Senior Member Mr. Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    MBTI
    INXP
    Posts
    155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Ok then you have made your decision.

    but we better end this now or I will go to hurt your sensibilities, I am pretty harsh, you know germans, lost 2 wars and know have to tantalize people over the internet

    i wish you the best of luck
    Hahaha, yes alright.

  9. #29
    No moss growing on me Giggly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so
    Posts
    9,666

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Cat View Post
    Ok its all about the idea that an mbti profile is what someone feels they have to look up to. Like I can see that my mbti type is difficult to find out with the descriptions of the INTP and the INFP because I think I have a lot of the traits of both. But if I do pinpoint the mbti I am and accept it I think I will always try to live up to it. So that might change me and it hurts my sensibilities a little bit.
    Yes, it's too restrictive.

  10. #30
    failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni
    Posts
    5,651

    Default

    Not wanting to label yourself according to type is so infp. just sayin.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

    The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

    Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

    songofmary.wordpress.com


Similar Threads

  1. [MBTItm] Does it ever hurt your head to think?
    By thisGuy in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 07-17-2015, 11:29 AM
  2. [JCF] Does trauma exaggerate your personality?
    By ObeyBunny in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 04-03-2010, 11:08 PM
  3. does MBTI Types depend on a country's background?
    By niki in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-02-2008, 08:37 AM
  4. How does MBTIc rock your world?
    By disregard in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 05-17-2008, 01:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO