User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Glycerine

That's why it's just fun to see MBTI as like a thought experiment. There are so many other factors that influence one's personality like upbringing, personal values, world view, history, culture, illnesses, etc. One could think of MBTI as a starting point but in essence, it really doesn't tell you much about the person.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Cat View Post
    This makes a lot of sense to me. This is why I dont want to pinpoint a type. Because Im afraid I might want to bring myself to the type ideals and learn to disregard the traits of the other.
    I wouldn't worry about it too much. Despite how some people treat it, your type is not like a religion. I am an INTP, but my Ni is generally stronger than my Ne, which is followed closely by Te. It's like I'm being shadowed by an INTJ version of myself. But I just go with what seems to fit best, because it's just a quick way to say something about myself, but I just act like me, and not worry about whether I'm conforming to type.

The way you worded your thoughts on this suggests INFP to me (of course, only you can really determine this). But this doesn't preclude you from having strong Ti. It doesn't even preclude you from having Ti stronger than Fi, as type is about preference for certain functions, not how relatively developed they are (though this is often in line with preference). Just pick what seems right, and then continue behaving as you normally do. Only asshats judge people for not acting out type stereotypes.

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by Zombie Jesus View Post
    I wouldn't worry about it too much. Despite how some people treat it, your type is not like a religion. I am an INTP, but my Ni is generally stronger than my Ne, which is followed closely by Te. It's like I'm being shadowed by an INTJ version of myself. But I just go with what seems to fit best, because it's just a quick way to say something about myself, but I just act like me, and not worry about whether I'm conforming to type.

The way you worded your thoughts on this suggests INFP to me (of course, only you can really determine this). But this doesn't preclude you from having strong Ti. It doesn't even preclude you from having Ti stronger than Fi, as type is about preference for certain functions, not how relatively developed they are (though this is often in line with preference). Just pick what seems right, and then continue behaving as you normally do. Only asshats judge people for not acting out type stereotypes.
    I will go with this, but even if I sounded like an INFP by the way I worded my posts I still don't think Im going to label myself so quickly. Maybe if I lighten the idea of mbti over time I will be able to pinpoint without being scared about it. My ti and fi according to a test I have taken is almost equal.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

And because I have the traits of both an INTP and an INFP you could say I got this from the INFP side?
    No as a Ti user you rather tend to delve deeply into the functional configurations of each types at the beginning. I can tell you about shadow functions and subconcious influence. About nature vs nurture regarding function deployement, about strength configuration and subdued functions. About analytical interpretations of weak underdeveloped functions, about male and female subtypes about archetypical patterns and relations... until I finally at some point come to the same conclusion you had from the start.

That shows you have a preference for concentrating on the human, practical element from the start ( what is F not T ), I had a similiar response from my girlfriend when I confronted her with mbti.

The thing to mbti is, it is about preference, if I type myself entp its because I liked that type the most. Its basically like shopping where you choose an outfit for yourself and make it that way easier for people to get to know you because you transfer a message with your outfit. But everybody who thinks your outfit is your whole personality is pretty wrong.

Basically you choose your outfit yourself, mbti cant tell you what your outfit is.

thats a thing many especially young adults dont understand. Its not life that gives them a personality, its them themselves and the decisions they make.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    nerd

it just tweaks my precious delicate little nipples so hard it makes me want to go home and bite my pillow!

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    That's why it's just fun to see MBTI as like a thought experiment. There are so many other factors that influence one's personality like upbringing, personal values, world view, history, culture, illnesses, etc. One could think of MBTI as a starting point but in essence, it really doesn't tell you much about the person.
    Yes, it's basically a whole bunch of things melded together. It's like taking the basic framework of a car, and then you can soup it up in any direction you like based on all those other things ... so in the end, despite starting with the same framework (and maybe being able to condense things down to it) the expression of two cars can be very very different.

Quote Originally Posted by fripping View Post
    it just tweaks my precious delicate little nipples so hard it makes me want to go home and bite my pillow!
    Meh, take your little nipples back to INTPc, you're just derailing here.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

I will go with this, but even if I sounded like an INFP by the way I worded my posts I still don't think Im going to label myself so quickly. Maybe if I lighten the idea of mbti over time I will be able to pinpoint without being scared about it. My ti and fi according to a test I have taken is almost equal.
    Yeah, as I said, it was just my impression from a couple of posts, but it is up to you to type yourself. There's no rush. You might want to consider the other functions too. Sometimes the function tests suggest INTJ for me, since a couple of slightly different answers enhance the Ni and Te results a little, even though Ti still wins out, but I think I fit the INTP description somewhat better.

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    The thing to mbti is, it is about preference, if I type myself entp its because I liked that type the most.
    Exactly.

Mr. Cat, you just need to read up on the functions and the type descriptions, and see what you think fits best, because only you know you as well as you.

MBTI
    nerd

serious. . . section. . .

serious internet forum. . .

business. . . serious. . . internet. . . .

*slowly backs away from thread*

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Zombie Jesus View Post
    Mr. Cat, you just need to read up on the functions and the type descriptions, and see what you think fits best, because only you know you as well as you.
    See that is a typical Ti-answer answer ("Read up on the functions moron !" )
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    No as a Ti user you rather tend to delve deeply into the functional configurations of each types at the beginning. I can tell you about shadow functions and subconcious influence. About nature vs nurture regarding function deployement, about strength configuration and subdued functions. About analytical interpretations of weak underdeveloped functions, about male and female subtypes about archetypical patterns and relations... until I finally at some point come to the same conclusion you had from the start.

That shows you have a preference for concentrating on the human, practical element from the start ( what is F not T ), I had a similiar response from my girlfriend when I confronted her with mbti.

The thing to mbti is, it is about preference, if I type myself entp its because I liked that type the most. Its basically like shopping where you choose an outfit for yourself and make it that way easier for people to get to know you because you transfer a message with your outfit. But everybody who thinks your outfit is your whole personality is pretty wrong.

Basically you choose your outfit yourself, mbti cant tell you what your outfit is.

thats a thing many especially young adults dont understand. Its not life that gives them a personality, its them themselves and the decisions they make.
    Did you go and assume that by my explanations in this thread I made, I focus over 50% of my mind on human beings with the feeling factor controlling my insights? Isnt the point of this website to learn about certain psychology which is applied to human beings? Does that make this an F website?

Anyway, my point is that if I choose an mbti outfit, I might think I have to stick with it and that might make me lose the traits of the other outfits. I have to lighten my thought of the outfit and not make it a big deal.