User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ

NFJs and SFJs when they get sincerely pissed off.
    There is no such thing as separation from God.

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Here's an NTP pissed off that you didn't just say FJ. Wasted many characters by separating them.

Not really though. Just pretending to have stereotype Ti ideals.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by "?" View Post
    Depends on what you mean by the words. Jung says of the Ni dominant type:Joe Butts says of the ISTP So your inquiry seems relative.
    yes, this can be an interesting topic to be taken seriously. Here's what Vicky Jo wrote about domni:

"according to Jungian John Beebe, his anecdotal evidence shows that characters in contemporary American films representing the function of introverting iNtuiting (Ni, an IN_J's favorite function and best gift) tend to portray it via "a psychotic serial-killer, some kind of weird, offbeat sociopath who would give you the creeps."

According to John, Ni is the deepest shadow of our ESTJ culture. He gives an example of Ni in movies with the famous shower scene from "Psycho," and says this is an example of "demonic Ni," meaning this is how most of the culture views and experiences it.

He claims it is also a very unpopular function in general. (It's harder on the INFJs than the INTJs, I can tell you.)

He also claims that Carl Jung singlehandedly rescued the gift of introverted iNtuiting from being relegated to sociopathy in the psycholoical field.

I want to clarify here that I don't believe INTJs *ARE* psychopaths or most likely to *BE* psychopaths, but there is an UNFAIR perception around the Ni function that lends itself to this stereotype. "

-INTJ.tribe.net, "psychopaths"

With (have I mentioned this before on this site yet) Nikola Tesla (definate INTJ) as one of the examples of the 'madman'/'psycho' problem that domni's deal with. By the way, I'm also pretty sure that Russel Crowe's character in Beautiful Mind is also an INTJ. Have you seen it?

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    Here's an NTP pissed off that you didn't just say FJ. Wasted many characters by separating them.

Not really though. Just pretending to have stereotype Ti ideals.
    That's just my NFJ craziness
    There is no such thing as separation from God.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    According to John, Ni is the deepest shadow of our ESTJ culture. He gives an example of Ni in movies with the famous shower scene from "Psycho," and says this is an example of "demonic Ni," meaning this is how most of the culture views and experiences it.
    Wouldn't that be Fe (for the ESTJ; and Ni as "deceiving")?

He claims it is also a very unpopular function in general. (It's harder on the INFJs than the INTJs, I can tell you.)

He also claims that Carl Jung singlehandedly rescued the gift of introverted iNtuiting from being relegated to sociopathy in the psycholoical field.

I want to clarify here that I don't believe INTJs *ARE* psychopaths or most likely to *BE* psychopaths, but there is an UNFAIR perception around the Ni function that lends itself to this stereotype. "
    I still don't fully understand the function myself. It's supposed to be about getting a sense of the future from reading abstract patterns. What does that have to do with psychopathy; eg. chopping someone up in a shower?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

Well. I think ENxPs are most likely to SEEM utterly ridiculous, even if they're sound of mind. INFJs are NOT necessarily crazy, but I do think we might be absurd in a surprising way that makes people think we are.
    INFJ

"I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

INFJ's

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    meh

Crazy meaning wildly fun & absurd = ENFP

Crazy meaning likely to throw stuff at you in a fight, or burn all your clothes = ESXJ

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    I still don't fully understand the function myself. It's supposed to be about getting a sense of the future from reading abstract patterns. What does that have to do with psychopathy; eg. chopping someone up in a shower?
    It's a seamless perspective shift to understand the patterns right in front of you. Most people think that there's a perspective out there that makes Ni-types think it's totally okay to chop up people in showers. But, you know, we're not crazy -- we'd only do it if the situation required it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticus View Post
    Crazy meaning wildly fun & absurd = ENFP

Crazy meaning likely to throw stuff at you in a fight, or burn all your clothes = ESXJ
    Exactly.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

INFJs have useful talent of getting very wise using extremely questionable sources of information. They might read books that are bs no matter how you look at it and get to the same conclusions as if they were reading philosophy for their whole lives. It's like turning random words into wisdom.

So I think they are the guru and the nutcase in the same wrapping. They are not really that "silly". They seem to take it quite seriously, so they are not what I would call crazy, but they sure are absurd, at least for the time before they become gurus . I've met some of these people that are pretty close to being mentally ill, but I guess it's because the world really doesn't need them or value them. They're not good for business, so they get lost.