User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTP

I'm thinking ENTP fits my definition of "most absurd." I believe John Cleese was an ENTP... at least, he acts like one.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

ESTJs

How are you so blind to what's going on?

MBTI
    ENTP

ENFP's. They're crazy. Really, really crazy. And when I'm with them, I seem to lose control and act like one of them too. I have an ENFP friend who cracks the most absurd jokes about sex in public, comments to acquaintances about their hairy toes, and indulged in spitting competitions.

MBTI
    ENTP

I will concur with ArbiterDewey and say female INFJ's.

I mean I know ENTP's aren't exactly the shy and retiring, blend into the shadows types, but at least with us you generally know you're getting a fruitcake from the start; and at least Ne weirdness has some grounding in external reality. With INFJ's though, you think you're getting a nice, warm, sweet and intelligent individual, and end up with a psycho hose beast.

No offence meant to the semi-normal ones here I'm sure you're total psychos with the people you're closest to as well, no matter how reasonable and nice you seem to your casual acquaintances
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Good lord...what INFJ's do you people know??

That doesn't speak so much for INFJ's, as people with general 'issues'...which can be found in all types. Also, I question based on a few of the comments whether they were *really* INFJ's that you're speaking of - the comments about them don't resonate with any of the ones I know. Maybe immature ones, but..I dunno. I guess it's why typing can only go so far - because ultimately it does go down to the individual and where they're at.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    ENTP

Yeah sure casca, that's what they always say

But of course you wouldn't think you were a psycho
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Yeah sure casca, that's what they always say

But of course you wouldn't think you were a psycho

Nah, we all have vices to which we're prone, like Ne being too random and wild and Ti being too cold and calculating and insensitive... to me it seems the main pitfalls of Ni and Fe are respectively, a sort of "I've got it all worked out and don't need to listen to anyone" rigidity and general self-righteousness. Some people resist or correct or whatever, their personal vices and minimize them, whilst others give free rein to them.

Like Dumbledoor said to Harry Potter, it's not our potential or abilities that make us who we are, but our choices You can have the same tendencies towards the same vices as someone else, but be a totally different person because of your choices of how you respond to them.
    I think that's well said, and I think we're in agreement.

As for your specific Ni/Fe example, at this point in my life, I don't know that I can relate to it. But who knows, maybe it's still my instinctual reaction that I've tempered down so that it isn't really relevant anymore.

Anyway - good points. [edit: which, you deleted...hmm...why? ;-)] As for my own opinion, I don't think there IS a most absurd type (I know, I'm such a killjoy). Each of the types can be 'absurd' in their own way - if you want to throw it all onto an entire type. It's all in the perception of the judger. But for myself, I don't like to throw it onto a type as a whole. I see it more on the individual level.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

MBTI
    ENTP

Oh, I deleted it cos I thought it was sorta off topic!

But what I was getting at was that the most absurd accusations, paranoia trips and 'versions of events' have come to me through the mouths of INFJ's. And it's just made me wonder where the flippery fuck they get their ideas about reality from.

Whether they're typical or not, I don't know - I wouldn't speculate

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Oh, I deleted it cos I thought it was sorta off topic!

But what I was getting at was that the most absurd accusations, paranoia trips and 'versions of events' have come to me through the mouths of INFJ's. And it's just made me wonder where the flippery fuck they get their ideas about reality from.

Whether they're typical or not, I don't know - I wouldn't speculate
    Fair enough. But it is Your judgement that their 'versions of events' are crazed. That's your perception. But perhaps their view has just as much truth as yours (not saying that it IS the case - just sayin').

Just like you might have an ISTJ who has similar thoughts about an ESFP, and might think ESFP's are the most absurd of types. It has nothing to do with the person/type viewed as being 'absurd' (although in some cases, objectively they might be, and everyone might think so) but more to do with the individual making the judgement, and the disconnect between how that individual processes/perceives things, and how the other person/type does.

MBTI
    ENTP

Well no, but in these cases it's not been just me that thinks they're crazed... it's been a general consensus of everyone involved, of all different types.

When I say 'versions of events' though, quite often it's a version of MY motivations, thoughts and feelings and interpretations of my words, that the person thinks they've got all worked out, which is so far from the truth of what actually went on in my mind and what I actually meant, that it beggars belief as to how anyone who can say they know me, could ever come up with the idea that I'd think like that... or that anyone would!! And it's a simple fact that I don't get those problems with any other type...

The only times I've been judged in ways and accused of things that have almost made me cry because of how extremely unjust the accusations were, not to mention unsupported by anything in reality, it's been an INFJ that's made those accusations and judgements.

You have to admit that paranoia is a genuine danger of Ni... as much as pronoia is for Ne