INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I stand by what I said here:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=1#post1684275

Didn't really do justice to Ti though.

I think we should be careful on inventing things that aren't really characteristics of the functions.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by RevlisZero View Post
    I'm wondering about some possible differences I've noticed between Te and Ti:

-Te is more direct and outwardly focused
    -Te will look for fallacies and be quick to point them out
    -Ti will notice fallacies as well, but may be content to work with an imperfect system or theory
    -Te may be more directly skeptical and hesitant to work with a flawed system
    -Ti can half-accept a theory or system, making use of it while keeping in mind that the results may be inaccurate
    -Te can half-accept a theory or system as well, but may prefer to refrain from using it until sufficient evidence is found to support it or until it is improved

My theory is that both functions notice fallacies and can be skeptical, but they often express this in different ways that can best be explained through example.
    I've bolded what applies to me. Either you've got them switched or I'm not Ti dominant.

Quote Originally Posted by Vizzy View Post
    Hope we get some replies soon!
    The way I see it, you've got those bottom Ti and Te quotes swapped around. From what I've read, Ti is more concerned with correctness, and Te with efficiency. That's why they say Ti is prone to building castles in the sky, versus the Te preference to use a system (even with its inaccuracies) simply because they think it could be useful anyway.
    I'm generally more concerned about correctness than efficiency. I do care about efficiency and I have been known to complain about inefficient systems from time to time but I am usually reluctant to compromise accuracy for efficiency.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Hope we get some replies soon!
    The way I see it, you've got those bottom Ti and Te quotes swapped around. From what I've read, Ti is more concerned with correctness, and Te with efficiency. That's why they say Ti is prone to building castles in the sky, versus the Te preference to use a system (even with its inaccuracies) simply because they think it could be useful anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    I've bolded what applies to me. Either you've got them switched or I'm not Ti dominant.
    So I guess that's not how it is after all. I do find it interesting that you both think I've got the two functions swapped, though, because that would make me a Te user. But I suppose there's also the possibility that it doesn't have anything to do with Ti/Te.

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    I'm generally more concerned about correctness than efficiency. I do care about efficiency and I have been known to complain about inefficient systems from time to time but I am usually reluctant to compromise accuracy for efficiency.
    I'm more concerned about correctness as well, though I do often care about efficiency. What I meant by "Ti can half-accept a theory or system, making use of it while keeping in mind that the results may be inaccurate", is that I will still consider input from an imperfect or flawed system, but with much less weight. So in that way I'm using it as a tool for better understanding, so that I can reach correctness.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Not necessarily. I'm certainly no perfectionist, although I can be for certain things. And even when I do get nitpicky, I still usually half-accept the theory or system while I'm trying to understand it better--that's the point I was trying to get across. While I wouldn't say that Ti always nitpicks every detail, it certainly can, though this doesn't stop it from seeking further understanding by setting aside skepticism and postponing judgement.

This is how it is for me. I can't speak for all Ti users, nor can I say that Te is not like this. It may not even have anything to do with Ti vs. Te. That's what I'm trying to find out by making this thread.
    Ti engineers everything within the mind to properly construct a sequence of logical connections between all particular variables perceived within a system or theory. They don't 'go' until the picture is properly constructed and everything seems to connect correctly. Perhaps because of pressure of certain variables such as time, younger INTPs would fall victim to lack of perfectionism within the logical picture making them assume certain things a bit too quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakysage View Post
    Ti engineers everything within the mind to properly construct a sequence of logical connections between all particular variables perceived within a system or theory. They don't 'go' until the picture is properly constructed and everything seems to connect correctly. Perhaps because of pressure of certain variables such as time, younger INTPs would fall victim to lack of perfectionism within the logical picture making them assume certain things a bit too quickly.
    I agree with what you've said for the most part. I don't think Ti can't 'go' until everything is working correctly, but I think it's preferred that way. When I think about it, I can be pretty perfectionist in certain topics of interest such as typology and language, though for other things that I don't particularly care I about, I'm not a perfectionist at all. So I suppose that makes it "selective perfectionism".

I wonder though, couldn't Te be nit-picky and perfectionist about efficiency and making sure things work properly? Couldn't that cause a Te user to want to fix a broken system, or else see that it gets fixed, before using it? I've definitely seen this before, but it could just be an e1 thing.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

I don't think Ti can't 'go' until everything is working correctly, but I think it's preferred that way.
    It's a defining factor of Ti. It doesn't necessarily 'go'. It just 'analyses and concludes'.
    I wonder though, couldn't Te be nit-picky and perfectionist about efficiency and making sure things work properly? Couldn't that cause a Te user to want to fix a broken system, or else see that it gets fixed, before using it? I've definitely seen this before, but it could just be an e1 thing.
    Ah, Te is far more about the results. How the system works bears less importance but Te will do what it should to get whatever works to work to get the results it wishes, whether or not it's fully understood. If you imagine a raging Te-dom boss who shouts at his employees to get things done even when there is a problem on the employee's part. The Te boss doesn't care what the problem is, he just wants his employees to do their part.
    A Ti-dom boss will probably look deeper into the issues to analyse the problems within the problems.

Enneagram
    5w4

So I guess that's not how it is after all. I do find it interesting that you both think I've got the two functions swapped, though, because that would make me a Te user. But I suppose there's also the possibility that it doesn't have anything to do with Ti/Te.
    If what we've been talking about has nothing to do with the thinking functions, then I don't know what does.

I agree with what you've said for the most part. I don't think Ti can't 'go' until everything is working correctly, but I think it's preferred that way. When I think about it, I can be pretty perfectionist in certain topics of interest such as typology and language, though for other things that I don't particularly care I about, I'm not a perfectionist at all. So I suppose that makes it "selective perfectionism".
    Well, I think it's pretty natural for people to be more careful and pedantic with things they take a personal interest in - but even so, you'll have noticed that we think/go about things differently.

If you don't mind me saying, (and I hope this isn't too blunt) I see two problems here:

1) You have your Ti and Te swapped.
    2) You've already concluded that you're an INTP and seem to be working backwards to justify that conclusion rather than considering that you may have other functions...although this may be because you're convinced you have Ti (which goes back to problem 1).
    5w4
    Reserved RCUEI

Well, I think it's pretty natural for people to be more careful and pedantic with things they take a personal interest in - but even so, you'll have noticed that we think/go about things differently.

If you don't mind me saying, (and I hope this isn't too blunt) I see two problems here:

1) You have your Ti and Te swapped.
    2) You've already concluded that you're an INTP and seem to be working backwards to justify that conclusion rather than considering that you may have other functions...although this may be because you're convinced you have Ti (which goes back to problem 1).
    Do you think I'm not an INTP, then? I Ti-analyze things so much that I find it hard to believe I could not be a Ti-user, unless Te can look very similar, in which case I'm not sure how the two would be distinguished.

And don't worry about the bluntness, I don't mind at all.

Enneagram
    5w4

Do you think I'm not an INTP, then? I Ti-analyze things so much that I find it hard to believe I could not be a Ti-user, unless Te can look very similar, in which case I'm not sure how the two would be distinguished.

And don't worry about the bluntness, I don't mind at all.
    Glad you're such a good sport. I think the issue lies in the bolded bit. You say you Ti-analyze and are a Ti-user...but your definition of Ti seems to be Te, and vice versa. Other posters in this thread have given examples of how the two functions differ. Does it help?
    5w4
    Reserved RCUEI

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I am a Ti - user without my daily dosage of Ti, I'ld start to look like that:

[URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]