User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: Ti and Te

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Kinda. But you're wrong about something: it's not necessarily connected to systems of people - it can definitely be a physical or philosophical system. However, Te will generally only skim the surface of its working, making sure that the flow of the reasoning correctly goes from A to B to C (from premise to logical end, basically), and then checking out how its predictions fit with observed reality. That's why it's paired with an introverted perceiving function, whose aim should be either providing a deep idiosyncratic insight which will act as premise (Ni), or understand the detailed working (detailed, not deep) of a system in order to reach perfect understanding (Si).

It's true for every introverted function. You can't expect other people to understand your own introverted function. You're basically meant to express any of its insight with your E one. I run into similar problems with Ni and Se, where Se seems to be relatively over-appreciated when compared with Ni.
    Ah OK, makes sense, thanks. After I wrote it I was thinking it must be the Ni. So now maybe we need a separate thread in the NT forum to discuss the differences between Ne-Ti, Ti-Ne, Te-Ni, and Ni-Te, or maybe I just have to search for one that already exists....

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Te:

Ti:
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

I'm afraid you've got a bit of false information with your perceptions at the current moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by RevlisZero View Post
    -Te will look for fallacies and be quick to point them out
    Te and Ti both do this. Ti tends to be quicker to notice.
    -Ti will notice fallacies as well, but may be content to work with an imperfect system or theory
    False, Ti users dislike imperfection in theoretical concepts and systems at a greater deal than Te users and will spend a far greater time dealing with such details.
    -Te may be more directly skeptical and hesitant to work with a flawed system
    False, Te will work through the system and ignore certain fallacies within the system as long as synonymous results are bound to be given.
    -Ti can half-accept a theory or system, making use of it while keeping in mind that the results may be inaccurate
    False, Ti always nitpicks every bit of a theory or system as to fully complete and understand it before moving on.
    -Te can half-accept a theory or system as well, but may prefer to refrain from using it until sufficient evidence is found to support it or until it is improved
    False, Te will only make sure the system or theory works so as to be sure they get significant results whether or not it is flawed.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

Relevance?

Are these demonstrations of Te style thinking?

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by redcheerio View Post
    Relevance?

Are these demonstrations of Te style thinking?
    Irrelevant for a reason.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    Irrelevant for a reason.
    Which is...?

You think the discussion of Ti vs Te is irrelevant without linking them to their perceiving functions?

Quote Originally Posted by Oakysage View Post
    -Ti can half-accept a theory or system, making use of it while keeping in mind that the results may be inaccurate
    False, Ti always nitpicks every bit of a theory or system as to fully complete and understand it before moving on.
    Not necessarily. I'm certainly no perfectionist, although I can be for certain things. And even when I do get nitpicky, I still usually half-accept the theory or system while I'm trying to understand it better--that's the point I was trying to get across. While I wouldn't say that Ti always nitpicks every detail, it certainly can, though this doesn't stop it from seeking further understanding by setting aside skepticism and postponing judgement.

This is how it is for me. I can't speak for all Ti users, nor can I say that Te is not like this. It may not even have anything to do with Ti vs. Te. That's what I'm trying to find out by making this thread.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by LaconicSesquipedalia View Post
    I agree, although I believe that large masses of people don't always know best I am reminded of this every time my curiosity gets the best of me, and an instructor/professor gives me a half-ass "you know this won't be on the exam, so I'm not going to bother giving you my best answer" reply to my after class questions. It's as if academia were merely a sensor career mill, and the iNtuitives are still helping the Sensors pass their class, just like in primary/secondary school :P
    Careful there, buddy. I don't know if you're doing it intentionally or not, but you're giving off a whiff of the "iNtuitive superiority complex".

But yeah, academia is getting to be a degree mill. You do have a point there.
    1w9 sx/sp
    A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants.

All that is gold does not glitter
    Not all those who wander are lost