User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Thread: NT Eyes

ReflecTcelfeR

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    I looked into this a little bit more. His is the only pic (out of two) with geometry below, so I think it's just a personal way of representing his type (which is INTp).
    Oh, okay, cool. He's just an example of sorts?

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Catbert View Post
    Isn't it a better idea to post pictures of NTs in their 'element', with a range of expression rather than a single image?

Example (and we all agree this guy is an NT right?):
    I guessed ENTP on the great Richard Feynman. Those are excellent images. Look at the eyes - not sad INTP eyes (as ShortnSweet pointed out about the INTPs) but rather gentle yet inquisitive. And I also thought - who else but an extravert would go gallivanting around the world the way he did? And that Tanu Tuva visit attempt was just ridiculous and crazy - something an ENTP would try.

In Feynman's own words, "There wasn't anything to do there". Bored, he indulged his curiosity by learning to pick the combination locks on cabinets and desks used to secure papers. Feynman played many jokes on colleagues. In one case he found the combination to a locked filing cabinet by trying the numbers a physicist would use (it proved to be 27–18–28 after the base of natural logarithms, e = 2.71828...), and found that the three filing cabinets where a colleague kept a set of atomic bomb research notes all had the same combination.
    HAHAHA!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Feynman#Biography
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecTcelfeR View Post
    Oh, okay, cool. He's just an example of sorts?
    I thought someone might try to guess his type. There were clues in the thread above. Too easy.

A window to the soul

Note the eyes, not the glasses. Yes I know it's just a cartoon image.
    He is, I mean she is, well... it is an INTJ, and what a lovely cotton bunnytail broach.

MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL

Look at the eyes - not sad INTP eyes (as ShortnSweet pointed out about the INTPs) but rather gentle yet inquisitive.
    I don't understand why people think INTP = sad eyes.

A window to the soul

I'm not feeling sad eyes. Those genius eyes cry pity for the fool that doesn't get it.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    He is, I mean she is, well... it is an INTJ, and what a lovely cotton bunnytail broach.
    That's Allen Gregory. A cartoon image is going to be difficult to prove a case with. I used it as an example of a certain type of eyes. INTP and sad eyes may be a stereotype, and I didn't want to go there. As for myself, as an INTP, I don't have sad eyes, I have Allen Gregory eyes. (Sans enormous glasses.) I have subtracted the INTP stereotype and given those eyes a real name. It's never sadness anyway, but more like the penetrating insight of a centuries old wisdom.

They are the eyes of a personality with a description not usually found in the typology literature. When I study abstruse theories, such as QM and the like, I don't just see the math, I see philosophy. I see the world in a profoundly different light. The wisdom is derived from knowing that there are many facets involved in seeing the universe as it is, and not just a single perspective.

INTJ's are known for their "death glare." It's basically an impassive stare that has no malintent, but it is perceived by some to be menacing. I can feel myself doing this in lecture when it is particularly boring, or an xNFP says something irrational/that was meant to be funny, and sometimes the instructor notices because it's probably like I'm staring right through them.

Hopkins playing Hannibal Lecter hit it on the head when he would give Clarisse his spiels, and when he was locked up on that dolly thing while being transported. Let me see if I can source a pic from INTJf

death glare.jpg

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Catbert View Post
    Isn't it a better idea to post pictures of NTs in their 'element', with a range of expression rather than a single image?

Example (and we all agree this guy is an NT right?):

INTJ or maybe, just maybe an ENTP
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    INTJ or maybe, just maybe an ENTP
    I thought ENTP immediately upon viewing the pics, and googling his type reveals a consensus on this call. Feynman sure smiles a lot for an INTJ? More like a mischievous ESTP, except for the N.