• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How would you feel if they found out who you were on typology central?

Lily flower

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Some people on here give us their real pictures and info, and others are very anonymous.

How comfortable would you be if you were "outed" and everyone you knew in real life knew what you had written on this forum?

Bamboozle

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, I don't say nasty things on the forums about people I know in real life. But at the same time, I know that some people don't like being interpreted and analysed. I know that some people find it invasive or rude. But that's kind of what MBTI and the other personality-typing things are about! (Analysing…not being rude.) So, anonymity seems the safest option.

I'd personally be okay with other people interpreting my actions, though.

I notice you don't have your real picture up.

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
I wouldn't be very happy. I haven't posted too much of substance in here though, so I doubt it would have any significant impact. It would deal a bit of a blow to my desire to have certain areas of my life left separate from others and incorporated into my overall life on my terms.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I like to compartmentalize my life... this site has its own compartment. I am NEVER pleased when one compartment spills into another one :thelook:

wolfy

awsm
It wouldn't really matter, it isn't like I'm spilling the beans on anyone or bleeding emotionally on the forum walls. There isn't really anything here I wouldn't want anybody else to see. I don't feel any particular need to remain anonymous or to create some sort of space.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
I'm always open. People will always overreact to typology and it really just stems from misunderstanding. I'm an open book and I'll never be afraid of being different. I know what I'm doing is fine; they can deal with it.

mujigay

Intergalactic Badass
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I don't care.

I don't say anything on here that I wouldn't and haven't said in real life. I've posted a grand total of one picture of myself, and it was one used for a self-portrait art project, so people have already seen it anway in real life.

Maybe I'd be a little grouchy if someone I didn't like too much started to pester me about things I say here, but it's not a big enough deal that I'd get upset over it.

KDude

I've told people irl about the site and/or typology.

The responses above make me think I've been doing something wrong lol

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I act exactly the same on the forum as I do irl, so I would be fine. There would be no dirty laundry to air! :)

It's because I live A Righteous Life. :sage:

:laugh:

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I would be tempted to isolate, because it would totally ruin my persona and some people would see parts of me that im not comfortable sharing in real life. but then again there wouldnt be anything to do to take it all back, so fuck it. id try to not let it bother me, because i realize that its painful just because of, well i dont really know why and thats the point, its just some stupid irrational fear like someone afraid of spiders..

KDude

I act exactly the same on the forum as I do irl, so I would be fine. There would be no dirty laundry to air! :)

It's because I live A Righteous Life. :sage:

:laugh:

I don't live a righteous life exactly, but yeah, I don't seperate that much either.

If anything, I'm actually more paranoid of just how much I can talk about here instead of the other way around. I could say the most random thing about my irl life experience, and it's possible that some dumbass will misinterpret it. And the distance can make things frustrating. Since it's the internet, I can't just punch trolls. So it's best to not say anything at all sometimes.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't live a righteous life exactly, but yeah, I don't seperate that much either.
Yeah, I was exaggerating. :laugh:

Also, I just realized that I guess I get personal a lot quicker on the forum, than I do irl. I mean, I don't talk about my Big Dark Secrets or anything. But if people read my TypeC posts, they would learn a lot about me fairly quickly. Which is fine with me, I guess, because it's the actual process of telling someone something personal, verbally, that is uncomfortable to me. If they just read it and never talked about it, it would be as if nothing happened, and it would be fine. :)

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It wouldn't be good. Especially since I've written hateful stuff about people I know lol......

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I would be tempted to isolate, because it would totally ruin my persona and some people would see parts of me that im not comfortable sharing in real life. but then again there wouldnt be anything to do to take it all back, so fuck it. id try to not let it bother me, because i realize that its painful just because of, well i dont really know why and thats the point, its just some stupid irrational fear like someone afraid of spiders..

+1

KDude

I swear, I'm about to go through a personal crisis now, realizing all that I don't hide is actually embarassing, objectively speaking (apparently).

Makes me wonder what else I'm not hiding correctly.

Bamboozle

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I swear, I'm about to go through a personal crisis now, realizing all that I don't hide is actually embarassing, objectively speaking (apparently).

Makes me wonder what else I'm not hiding correctly.

Hahaha, it's okay. I don't think it's that big a deal, is it? It's just that I know I might have to explain things if people did find out. But it's more that I'm bad at explaining things than it is that this stuff is embarrassing or bad.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
i like my privacy here because i can step outside of real life and ask others' neutral opinions. i would not be afraid to share that i participate here, but i would miss my sounding board.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The 'they' in the title makes me feel paranoid.

+1 :laugh:

I wouldn't be too happy about it, mainly because I vent and try to sort out situations regarding specific people who are/were in my life on here. If any of them busted me here (unlikely), they would recognize themselves pretty quickly, I think.

I actually do feel guilty sometimes about venting specifically about such things to a forum. But the outside opinions have been invaluable.

Lark

I like to compartmentalize my life... this site has its own compartment. I am NEVER pleased when one compartment spills into another one :thelook:

Ha! That's me! To the extent that I think I've had a set of friends A and set of friends B before now and they dont mix, or I've had work and leisure seperated, I like boundaries and fixed perimeters.

That said, I dont think I'd mind, on Amazon I'm Lark, on other forums I've been Lark too, the only interesting thing is when I've dredged up posts or opinions from the past, like years past, and realised how I've changed since then and who or what has influenced me in between times. Although I think there's a certain consistency throughout, I dont buy all the recently research which suggests its doubtful whether there is such thing as a self or character.

So I dont believe I'd be that worried.