User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    I act exactly the same on the forum as I do irl, so I would be fine. There would be no dirty laundry to air!

It's because I live A Righteous Life.

I don't live a righteous life exactly, but yeah, I don't seperate that much either.

If anything, I'm actually more paranoid of just how much I can talk about here instead of the other way around. I could say the most random thing about my irl life experience, and it's possible that some dumbass will misinterpret it. And the distance can make things frustrating. Since it's the internet, I can't just punch trolls. So it's best to not say anything at all sometimes.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I don't live a righteous life exactly, but yeah, I don't seperate that much either.
    Yeah, I was exaggerating.

Also, I just realized that I guess I get personal a lot quicker on the forum, than I do irl. I mean, I don't talk about my Big Dark Secrets or anything. But if people read my TypeC posts, they would learn a lot about me fairly quickly. Which is fine with me, I guess, because it's the actual process of telling someone something personal, verbally, that is uncomfortable to me. If they just read it and never talked about it, it would be as if nothing happened, and it would be fine.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

It wouldn't be good. Especially since I've written hateful stuff about people I know lol......
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    I would be tempted to isolate, because it would totally ruin my persona and some people would see parts of me that im not comfortable sharing in real life. but then again there wouldnt be anything to do to take it all back, so fuck it. id try to not let it bother me, because i realize that its painful just because of, well i dont really know why and thats the point, its just some stupid irrational fear like someone afraid of spiders..
    +1
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

I swear, I'm about to go through a personal crisis now, realizing all that I don't hide is actually embarassing, objectively speaking (apparently).

Makes me wonder what else I'm not hiding correctly.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    3w2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I swear, I'm about to go through a personal crisis now, realizing all that I don't hide is actually embarassing, objectively speaking (apparently).

Makes me wonder what else I'm not hiding correctly.
    Hahaha, it's okay. I don't think it's that big a deal, is it? It's just that I know I might have to explain things if people did find out. But it's more that I'm bad at explaining things than it is that this stuff is embarrassing or bad.
    3 INTP

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

i like my privacy here because i can step outside of real life and ask others' neutral opinions. i would not be afraid to share that i participate here, but i would miss my sounding board.

ReflecTcelfeR

The 'they' in the title makes me feel paranoid.

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecTcelfeR View Post
    The 'they' in the title makes me feel paranoid.
    +1

I wouldn't be too happy about it, mainly because I vent and try to sort out situations regarding specific people who are/were in my life on here. If any of them busted me here (unlikely), they would recognize themselves pretty quickly, I think.

I actually do feel guilty sometimes about venting specifically about such things to a forum. But the outside opinions have been invaluable.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I like to compartmentalize my life... this site has its own compartment. I am NEVER pleased when one compartment spills into another one
    Ha! That's me! To the extent that I think I've had a set of friends A and set of friends B before now and they dont mix, or I've had work and leisure seperated, I like boundaries and fixed perimeters.

That said, I dont think I'd mind, on Amazon I'm Lark, on other forums I've been Lark too, the only interesting thing is when I've dredged up posts or opinions from the past, like years past, and realised how I've changed since then and who or what has influenced me in between times. Although I think there's a certain consistency throughout, I dont buy all the recently research which suggests its doubtful whether there is such thing as a self or character.

So I dont believe I'd be that worried.