• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Fe Fakeness

G

Ginkgo

Folly, Earthlings! Folly. It's a mistake to imagine one half of a judgment pair exists to undermine the other. Instead, neither judgment can exist without the other. We can talk of times when a person makes unconscious choices but we can't talk of some function as if it is its products. Te does not exist without Fi in the sense that there is no objective reason to value truth unless one cares for it. (Or something like that.) Likewise, Ti apparently cannot exist unless there is something "out there" to care about.

But why is this so, and what's its relevance to fakery must wait upon a non-phone post, or on someone willing to see cognition as cognition.

We can talk about functions that way. It's just incorrect to do so.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
It allows you to boil all T down to really just having an F root.

And thus Ts, when it really comes down to it, aren't do anything other than F.

It would probably be more accurate to say Fi would declare certain things that matter, and the extent to which they do.

I don't know if the best characterization is that it goes around justifying Te's plans.

Once again, you seem to be ascribing too much Feeling motive to a Thinker, which you (and most Feelers) seem very wont to do.

Ah I see what you are getting on about ... I'll need to think about this for a bit, before I can respond.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Folly, Earthlings! Folly. It's a mistake to imagine one half of a judgment pair exists to undermine the other. Instead, neither judgment can exist without the other. We can talk of times when a person makes unconscious choices but we can't talk of some function as if it is its products. Te does not exist without Fi in the sense that there is no objective reason to value truth unless one cares for it. (Or something like that.) Likewise, Ti apparently cannot exist unless there is something "out there" to care about.

But why is this so, and what's its relevance to fakery must wait upon a non-phone post, or on someone willing to see cognition as cognition.

Its not that one exists to undermine another. its that undeveloped unconscious(undifferianted) functions have unconscious guiding effect to developed conscious ones. after function has been differentiated, its brought onto conscious control, thus it loses its unconscious guiding effect to other functions.

The whole point is to separate the parts in order the whole to function properly without any unconscious guidance which might lead to unwanted consequences.

When you are guided by your unconscious, you are bound to your fate, but when you take the unconscious to consciousness, you are creating your own future.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If TJs and FPs only use Fi, and Fi invariably causes Fi users to assume that displays of emotion are fake, then are demonstrations of Fe fake?

You are dumb sometimes. Fi displays emotions to the self. Duh.

Then again, you can't spell fake without Fe.

:ninja:

:heart:

:peepwall:

:burns:

:phantom:

G

Ginkgo

You are dumb sometimes. Fi displays emotions to the self. Duh.

Then again, you can't spell fake without Fe.

:ninja:

:heart:

:peepwall:

:burns:

:phantom:

Sometimes??? Are you suggesting I have no integrity? 100% dumb right up in this package yo.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sometimes??? Are you suggesting I have no integrity? 100% dumb right up in this package yo.

You don't have integrity, that is why you married that badger who hitch hiked on route 66.

Get a room, yo.

And believe me honey, badger don't care.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Daughter dearest? Is that you??? WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?

Obviously I am not your daughter. Though maybe I am, because I seem to have the tendency to derail. Does Badger Mother miss me?

G

Ginkgo

Obviously I am not your daughter. Though maybe I am, because I seem to have the tendency to derail. Does Badger Mother miss me?

She started a new weight loss program. It's called crystal meth. Even her teeth lose weight.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
She started a new weight loss program. It's called crystal meth. Even her teeth lose weight.

Wow, that is really classy. I think Lil' Wayne did something with crystal meth. Or maybe it was just ice for his teeth.

30u2zux.jpg

I personally like the turnip weight loss program.

You get your own personal turnip to train you. He never compliments you, turns red often, and glistens with the work out.

G

Ginkgo

Wow, that is really classy. I think Lil' Wayne did something with crystal meth. Or maybe it was just ice for his teeth.

30u2zux.jpg

I personally like the turnip weight loss program.

You get your own personal turnip to train you. He never compliments you, turns red often, and glistens with the work out.

God you make me want to stick it in you.

weird_shape_potato.jpg

*turns up 'Lil Wayne* "Step into my parlor", said the spider to the fly.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I knew you were a potato in real life.

How mystic of you.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Its not that one exists to undermine another. its that undeveloped unconscious(undifferianted) functions have unconscious guiding effect to developed conscious ones. after function has been differentiated, its brought onto conscious control, thus it loses its unconscious guiding effect to other functions.

The whole point is to separate the parts in order the whuole to function properly without any unconscious guidance which might lead to unwanted consequences.

When you are guided by your unconscious, you are bound to your fate, but when you take the unconscious to consciousness, you are creating your own future.

I DON'T CARE. I WAS JUST WONDERING WHY THE Fe'RS THOUGHT THEY COULD GET AWAY WITH PROJECTING THAT FEAR FOR OBJECTIVITY ONTO INTJ Fi...

Perhaps they were unaware...

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
LOL^.

My first guess, in INFJs, and even ENFJs for that matter (while Ti is the inferior, it’s still the sidekick judging function), is that we need to be aware of how anything that initially ‘makes sense’ to us isn’t based on objective reality so much as it makes sense according to our own experience of the world. Ti isn’t really in any managerial position, it works for Fe.

If I may butt in here, technically, I think it probably works for Ni.

Judgment functions qua cognition need a space in which to operate, it seems to me. Further, I'm pretty sure, for introverted judgment, introverted perception provides that space. Perception provides starter data, and we all knew that, but where does judgment itself form? Not decisions or rulings, but the function of judgment. I think there's some sense in which perception data instantiates judgment rulings. More importantly, judgment active amongst similarly oriented data is just that, active. Creative. Actually creating and changing itself. Judgment operating on data of an opposite orientation is static--the judgment itself doesn't develop as judgment, it just judges.

I think though there can come a time when there is some communication between the orientations, and the (Ji+Pi)+(Je+Pe) becomes some 4-way dynamic. But I don't know what that is yet, either prosaic maturity or transcendent godhood, one or the other.

It might be possible to say that feeling is feeling and orientation of judgment is something else. The interesting thing I keep reading reported about Fe is--and I paraphrase, perhaps even warp--the effort that goes into maintaining Fe rulings at the expense of passing emotion, allowing of course that the rulings can change over time as patterns of passing emotion are noted and external checks with other people are used. Fi obviously has something like this conclusion maintenance too, but there's some different nuance to the Fe method that seems like it might be important.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I DON'T CARE. I WAS JUST WONDERING WHY THE Fe'RS THOUGHT THEY COULD GET AWAY WITH PROJECTING THAT FEAR FOR OBJECTIVITY ONTO INTJ Fi...

Perhaps they were unaware...

Caps cry cuz fear of objective analysis of your Fi :D