First 78910111959 Last

Thread: Fe Fakeness

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

"Fakeness" may be a judgment, but it most certainly is not based ONLY on the Fi type's own feelings. In regards to FPs, they also use Pe, and that is real world data.

The FP DOES NOT reason in this way: If I cried in this situation it would be fake, so this person's tears must be fake & manipulative.
    The FP MAY reason in this way: This person doesn't appear to be crying naturally. The sounds seem forced & I don't actually see tears. From my understanding of people, when they cry naturally they usually display ____, and I don't see that here. I suspect this person is being fake in their emotional display.

An ISFP may conclude someone is fake from very real sensory information, such as facial expression & body language.
    An INFP may conclude that someone is fake from intangible vibes they get & patterns about people they note, often which can be traced back to concrete info, although they don't think of it in those terms.

Of course, they may still conclude wrongly, but this is NOT entirely projection. There is a perception of external reality to lead to these conclusions. Note that the conclusion is often suspended somewhat still, with the FP not committing to a sure conclusion (they only suspect). This, IMO, is closer to how an FP thinks.

Can we talk Fe & disbelief in feelings without emotional displays? Anyone want to explain that unfair assumption?
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by senza_tema View Post

Completely tangential remark: Ye gods, another Fe vs. Fi thread. Good job, @Ginkgo.
    I'm so sorry.

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post

Look, I don't go around real life complaining about this shit.

But if we're having an honest discussion about it, I'm gunna bring up the truth.

And the truth is that we constantly have to deal with bullshit niceties in everyday life.

And they are not something I'm particular good at, and they do sincerely leave a bad taste in my mouth.

And I know there are other people who don't really care about them either, but the Fe users certainly do, so their needs, and the fact that I must appeal to those needs, does in fact affect my everyday life. Just thinking about it is making me cringe, knowing that the next time I see my (unhealthy) ESTP neighbor, I'm gunna have to sit there and nod and act like I care about him feeling the need to tell me "the greatest story ever" for the 3rd time this week...
    Yes, that is exhausting,

This is not at all coming from a place of malice but would you be able to do away "niceties"? From your perspective, is it primarily a function of Fe?

MBTI
    IsFJ

This thread may be worth a read, for what it's worth...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

I don't necessarily disagree with this, but it gets a little too Ti gobbledegookish for my liking.

Particularly the bolded.
    Well, that's Jung's language for you. To really try to show why e/i is not merely about where a function is "used".
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Can we talk Fe & disbelief in feelings without emotional displays? Anyone want to explain that unfair assumption?
    Yes. I hated (and still do) that there is this assumption that I'm not experiencing a strong emotion just because I am not displaying a behavior that is "typical" for that emotion. My ex, niece, and others would dismiss my statements of "I am _________." because of the style of delivery. They just couldn't believe that I was feeling what I said I felt without the emotional displays. And would ignore it unless they saw it (and it might still be dismissed if it didn't "fit"). That made me even more angry. Why could my words not be believed in the first place?

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    Yes. I hated (and still do) that there is this assumption that I'm not experiencing a strong emotion just because I am not displaying a behavior that is "typical" for that emotion. My ex, niece, and others would dismiss my statements of "I am _________." because of the style of delivery. They just couldn't believe that I was feeling what I said I felt without the emotional displays. And would ignore it unless they saw it (and it might still be dismissed if it didn't "fit"). That made me even more angry. Why could my words not be believed in the first place?
    haha, I can relate. It can also be annoying when one finally displays the emotion and people go "Stop it, you are overreacting." or they don't believe that's how you truly feel. You can't win.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    It can also be annoying when one finally displays the emotion and people go "Stop it, you are overreacting." or they don't believe that's how you truly feel. You can't win.
    SERIOUSLY. If there's one way to get me to snap at you, it's by doing that. Or by teasing me, to try to lighten the mood.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    "Google"

I'm just saying, if you're gunna do you, then I'ma do me.
    I'm beginning to think with this and the boobs that this thread is in the wrong section.

Or it just might be the most interesting Fe-Fi thread yet.

Which is not a truth claim (I thought I should clarify ). I've never read any of the other ones.

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    SERIOUSLY. If there's one way to get me to snap at you, it's by doing that. I'm always like "Don't you DARE try to make me hold those emotions in again! I've been holding them in for damn well long enough."
    But oh no.... you are being a drama queen because you just snapped at me and are making an issue of getting your emotions acknowledged (not necessarily accepted but acknowledged). Barring the other person is a complete nutjob, I try to acknowledge their emotions no matter how "stupid" or "irrational" I may view their feelings.