MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by five View Post
    See below. ...
    So do you still doubt then my ability to type? You can question me all day and I'll respond and you can evaluate the statements and probe and interrogate, because I know my stuff and I'm good at it. Hence high degree of confidence in the model.
    I don't doubt it. I don't know. I can't tell. If I wanted some proof, the chart isn't it, is all I wanted to say.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    It did feel a bit like popping a zit, no?
    More like exposing a tumor. Lol.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    More like exposing a tumor.

Last edited by highlander; 10-11-2011 at 11:41 PM. Reason: More digusting

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

So do you still doubt then my ability to type? You can question me all day and I'll respond and you can evaluate the statements and probe and interrogate, because I know my stuff and I'm good at it. Hence high degree of confidence in the model.
    Frankly, I don't think anyone gives a shit.

But you seem very intent on the notion that everyone should.

I'm not sure how that relates. If my senses where faulty then I'd acknowledge that and compensate.
    It describes your relationship to the truth with a capital T. There are more delicate statements claiming truth than 'Is it a plane? No, it is Superman.' Sometimes having another look does not eradicate the mistake.

Nearly all people do not like being wrong. This aversion to "wrongness" can often prevent objective truth being learned at least in the short term.
    Indeed.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    I advocate a pragmatic theory of truth that, while acknowledging that 'the world' (the thing in itself or whatever you want to call it) is a certain way, holds as true those statements which are most reliable, those which, in other words, we consider sufficient to base our decisions on. The words 'true' and 'truth', therefore, have two meanings: one that correlates to the world as it is and may forever be inaccessible, and one that correlates to the statements about it that have proven reliable.
    This "reliable" is special though. Where "reliable" is a real and valued stamp, it is so because there's some suggestion that reliabilities are approximations of objectivities. Which is to say, we expect that while objective truth is inaccessible, it is nonetheless within our power to hit upon it from time to time. We can't know where and when we approach objectivity closely enough that our claims are more than merely contingent, but we do necessarily BELIEVE that by attending to reliables, or something like reliability, that we all-unknowingly yet even maybe consciously grow closer to it. Not determinately close. Not measurably close. But close. Potentially sometimes even exactly right on the button, and we utter some objective truth without ever knowing it.

It's a built-in feature of extroverted judgment: the world is the final reference point for all truths, but the world is different from us and will never be subsumed by our own consciousness. We will never contain within ourselves the key to final and complete knowing. It will always exist outside.

Alarmingly, introverted judgers probably have a quite different view. AND THEY'RE PROBABLY RIGHT! THEY DON'T HAVE THE REQUIREMENT OF RELIABILITY. THEY DON'T HAMSTRING THEIR SENSE OF KNOWING AS WE DO.

And likewise, they don't see the beauty of the endless, driving, dynamic contradiction, the creation that comes of reaching for knowledge that can't be held.

Are you listening, Fe types? There's some beginning description in there of what you do too.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Kalach, why do you always have to play with the dead threads?

That was a perfectly good place to stop...

MBTI
    INTJ

The Fe cabalists are on the verge of spilling their secrets. Oh, I know, we have come to this point many times only to see them shrink away from the warm and welcoming light of day, but think of the poor cave-dwellers. These secret societists are plotting our demise and must be cajoled back into polite society if only to save ourselves a knife in the back.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

So he could be an INTJ but then I'd have to throwout almost 10 years of my own experience in real life and re-evaluate so many things. Hence the burden on proof is rather on him. If he doesn't want to prove it, that's fine too, he goes on the the ignorelist.

Now he of course would be welcome to do the same to me. But if he wants to engage it will be on mutual terms. My condition being that a person must accurately type themselves before I will consider what they are saying with regards to MBTI.
    I'm pretty sure Zara is an INTJ. It's been discussed before.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I'm pretty sure Zara is an INTJ. It's been discussed before.
    That would not matter.

I showed him the threads before.

He thinks there is not a single other INTJ here.

By his reasoning: if one differs from him, then they cannot be INTJ.

His Pi tunnel vision is so strong, it's almost hard for me to believe he's an iNtuitive.