User Tag List

First 242505152535462 Last

Thread: Fe Fakeness

MBTI
    INTJ

I, for one, welcome our new FJ overlords. Though they are not aware that their instinctive reaction to "Fi" is fundamentally a rejection of introverted thinking, and the pogroms may be damaging, still, they'll turn on the TPs soon enough and that can only be a good thing.

"It wasn't our fault," they cry. And I'll agree. It wasn't their fault. It was their subconscious.

And then, when their empire crumbles into dust, as surely it must, there'll need to be someone to call them maniacs. Someone will have to pound the sand in front of the giant Lady Gaga statue and damn them to hell.

Someone.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    Wait, there's drugs involved? No wonder I'm so confused!
    Fe = high on life

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    I, for one, welcome our new FJ overlords. Though they are not aware that their instinctive reaction to "Fi" is fundamentally a rejection of introverted thinking, False. My argument is a fundamental rejection of the principles of Fi. Just because I use Ti to illustrate social concepts (Fe with Ni) doesn't mean that my arguments undermine the structural integrity of Ti and the pogroms may be damaging, still, they'll turn on the TPs soon enough and that can only be a good thing Look closer and observe the elated nature of FJ/TP interaction.

"It wasn't our fault," they cry. And I'll agree. It wasn't their fault. It was their subconscious.

And then, when their empire crumbles into dust, as surely it must, there'll need to be someone to call them maniacs. Someone will have to pound the sand in front of the giant Lady Gaga statue and damn them to hell.

Someone.
    I do like the analogy to other 'great' empires.

Also, we aren't so much overlords as much as Fe and Ti are the new standards. Ever wonder why our society is so backwards...

MBTI
    INTJ

There are no principles of Fi. As a judgment system it varies from person to person. What is universal however would be its nature as an introverted judgement system. Just like... Ti.

Love yourself, #1207. Love is the way.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    If you take into account that within the theory, Fi is largely sourced from "primordial images" which come from the "collective unconscious", then it's arguably more "universal" than Fe is. Fe is far more contextual - in line with the values of the family, culture, social clique, country, etc.

Fi is about fundamental principles; it is abstract, basic concepts cutting to the heart of why something is important or necessary for humanity. It is subjective in that it focuses on the inner underlying image - or the the universal principle - in its most pure, simple form, so as to keep the external from corrupting it (because the masses are known to become unreasonable mobs). In this sense, Fi is striving to maintain a consistency so as to protect the universal nature of these ideas or images, and that's why it resists degradation to mere social rules - it resists "the object" in that sense.

Fi seeks to protect, perfect & simply understand these moral ideals by keeping them abstract (in that pre-verbal, undefined form). Fe seeks to define them to make them viable; that's all well & good, but not when the context changes & the rule is no long applicable. Frankly, this is why Fi types are more flexible in general; they see the underlying principle & how it can be applied in many ways across contexts. It's often the very same moral at root across these contexts though. Fi does, however, reason on these concepts & do much of its own interpretation, which certainly makes it subjective. This is why the focus is on adapting these concepts to the needs of individuals (not making blanket rules). So what's right for you is right for me, but that may still manifest very differently because we are two different "contexts", even as the core principle is very much the same.
    Lol! Thanks again Kalach. The bolded is Te. I wonder if Orange is aware of how bound up her conception of Fi is with Te. Not surprising given that Te is her inferior (don't worry... no hate )

Also, I like the fact that she coordinated two disparate functions with the phrases "inner underlying image", which I'm not even sure appropriately conveys Fi, with "universal principle", which most assuredly is Te, via the conjunction 'or', which implies 'equals'.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Expanding on Kalach's point, more generally, there are no "principles" as such to be associated with any cognitive function. Nor are there any foundational axioms. Rather, the functions are about how one thinks and perceives, and only indirectly nudge one to choose one set of principles/values/axioms over another.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    There are no principles of Fi. Only true if it exists in a vacuum without Te. I supposed I should've said "The principled nature of Fi" As a judgment system it varies from person to person. What is universal however would be its nature as an introverted judgement system. Just like... Ti. Don't think for one second that my logic is flawed just because I recourse to the structure of the different cognitive functions.

Love yourself, #1207. Love is the way. How very Fi of you. I will tell you straight up that I do indeed "Love myself" quite frequently :P Maybe I should learn to find new alternative avenues for such endeavors...
    Nuff said.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    Expanding on Kalach's point, more generally, there are no "principles" as such to be associated with any cognitive function. Nor are there any foundational axioms. Rather, the functions are about how one thinks and perceives, and only indirectly nudge one to choose one set of principles/values/axioms over another.
    Alright, this has been a great exercise of my new-found Ti. *flexes* You all are clearly not good at bridging gaps in understanding (except, to an extent, Kalach who withholds judgment about others' perspectives, knowing full-well what he knows and what he doesn't know (the Fe and Ti perspectives)). This is why the world hate INTJ's. They're the biggest self-aggrandizers of them all ("most independent of all the types".) You simply know that you do not understand or appreciate my perspective. No wonder INTP's flee in droves to their site.

The fact is, this theory was created by an INTP and fostered by an INTP. You'd be fools to think that as Te users you could understand it's principles. And I'm a fool for debating with you. I suppose it was the dream of unifying people under one framework of thinking. I do like the fact that I, a feeling dominant individual, was able to run logical circles around NTJ's *Achievement Unlocked* Oh well... *uses Ti for more effective results elsewhere*

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

Anyone know of an easy way to take pages of posts and put them in a document? I wanna frame my achievement and call it "On the Nature of INTJ Ignorance, Hubris, and Ultimate Jackassery" ???

Not to mention their uninquisitive nature...

MBTI
    INTJ

I'm beginning to have an idea though of why the principles of Fe are so difficult to put into words. Either it's because as logic they look, well, like an explosion at a Barbie factory or (same thing really) because they genuinely do lose their motive power when objectified. They are supposed to be represented by passions on display, smiles and frowns and Barbie parts. In words, they are without their vital substance? It's in action that they are real and compelling? Which is to say, constructive. Or at least, with constructions (and destructions) in mind.

Is that... true?

^ my favorite question for FJs. It's unsettling, but there often isn't an answer available when it gets asked as above. The question "does this description of the system and conditions of the world match what you experience?" doesn't seem to fly.

Boy meets Grr