User Tag List

First 38464748495058 Last

Thread: Fe Fakeness

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    Ill-informed people created racism. Race is socially constructed but it's still alive and well. It's so engrained into culture that it is socially very real but biologically false.
    Completely agree but it'll get better with the internet and cellphones and their impact on the way we communicate and how often for that matter.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

Quote Originally Posted by Noon View Post
    I always assumed that Fi, due to being introverted, was naturally inclined to not measure value based on environmental -- or objectively quantifiable -- qualities like fame and wealth. I think my Fi is what makes it so easy for me to relate to people regardless of race, class, social group or age actually. It all seems astronomically irrelevant, and I am S + Fi.
    Maybe that's just for people that are S => Fi not people like you whose Fi is unencumbered by another function.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by chris1207 View Post
    Maybe that's just for people that are S => Fi not people like you whose Fi is unencumbered by another function.
    And maybe your theory is full of shit.

I've seen plenty of Fe-users who really care about celebrities, social status, etc.

MBTI
    IsFJ

I never thought I'd see the day where Fi/Fe threads would end up veering into race topics...

Also, can't Fe users be individualistic and Fi users collectivistic? Are we going to equate type = political opinion again now?
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

I think certain political opinions are certainly correlated to type, but I think Fe users and all Fs tend to be more collectivistic.

I think TJs tend to be the only type with a particular bent towards individualism.

Politically, at least; not necessarily in other spheres.

Glycerine

It has many times.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    And maybe your theory is full of shit.

I've seen plenty of Fe-users who really care about celebrities, social status, etc.
    Yes, as a mechanism to increase our ability to impact others. Not fame for fame's sake I mean. The more people you know the greater the impact and thus the greater the effectiveness. That's why ESTP's w tertiary Fe like to make jackasses of themselves in public. That and the fact that they don't understand or appreciate norms which encroach upon their own sense of personal, in-the-moment dynamism.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

The fact is, while Fe may perpetuate racism, Fi is the one that creates it.
    Interested in your detailed explanation of this ...
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Self-Preservation
    No, preservation of ideals which benefit humans as a whole.

degradation lol
    Possibly a poor word choice because of its negative connotations, but I meant a breaking down of something, in this case, to make it specific. Whenever you do that, you lose some meaning. Fi is trying to protect that whole meaning so when a new context arises, the core principle is intact in order to apply again.

Of course, it's an introverted cognitive function. They're always more flexible because they aren't bound to an external standard
    You apparently didn't read the rest of the paragraph....? They ARE bound to a universal standard, one which changes less than the external.

False. Fe 'ethics' are Fe+Si or Fe+Ni, giving the impression that they are Fi;
    Because...?
    Explain your statement. You've provided no reason for this to be true.

Again False
    Because?

(Interesting how the Fe type is the one arbitrarily deeming things true or false without any external backup....)

Not even close to implied in the Bible, something you've inserted after the fact on account of your values
    But we're not talking about the Bible....not all Fe types accept the Bible anyway, and many Fi types do. Using it as some sort of standard for Fe is silly.

Bold is me. Much of the other stuff I agree with. By abstract, you mean 'detached'. Of course, it's detached, individualistic, inwardly-focused, more flexible, etc, etc. It's an introverted function. And to be fair, these characteristics are what allow Fi users, especially STJ's to detach for giving a shit about people that aren't of their own ilk. They must preserve their community.

I agree with much of what you've said.
    Uh no, you agreed with your interpretation of it, which was to twist it into something else.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Yes, as a mechanism to increase our ability to impact others. Not fame for fame's sake I mean. The more people you know the greater the impact and thus the greater the effectiveness.
    I think you are giving far too much credit to Fe-users, and taking away far too much from Fi-users.

And, frankly, I don't think most of this has to do with non-Fs, anyway, so I'm not really speaking from the point of view as if my group is being attacked. I just think your ideas are objectively whack. Very poorly thought-out. A bunch of (mostly) meaningless generalizations.

That's why ESTP's w tertiary Fe like to make jackasses of themselves in public. That and the fact that they don't understand or appreciate norms which encroach upon their own sense of personal, in-the-moment dynamism.
    And you kind of just float from one topic to the next.

Very little clarity or consistency.