User Tag List

First 35434445464755 Last

Thread: Fe Fakeness

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    ok, I don't relate to this thing you call "emotional bonding". I fail the Fe-domhood. enneagram 5 FTW.... haha, not really.... I typically feel uncomfortable.
    Very interesting.

I probably need to stop commenting in these general topics. I always end up only speaking for myself anyway, and it's rather unwise for me to even try to speak for anyone else.

Glycerine

@Giggly: Nah, your input is awesome. I am kinda atypical.

Besides, these topics are inherently subjective anyways!

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    I always end up only speaking for myself anyway,
    Which is totally fine and welcome.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Besides, these topics are inherently subjective anyways!
    Flabby relativist.

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Flabby relativist.
    How can we objectively measure what Fe or Fi is if most of what we are getting as "evidence" is purely anecdotes and self reports in this thread? Isn't that by it's very nature "subjective", INTX scientist? We shouldn't mistake validation for verification. But you are right, I can be a bit of a relativist.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

How can we objectively measure what Fe or Fi is if most of what we are getting as "evidence" is purely anecdotes and self reports in this thread?
    Well, if the anecdotes and self-reports are accurate, then they would be objective.

Isn't that by it's very nature "subjective", INTX scientist?
    Oh, Jesus Christ, if you're gunna mark me with the possibly P label, at least give me an xNTx to make it accurate.

An INTP is the least of the three NTs I resemble.

We shouldn't mistake validation for verification. But you are right, I can be a bit of a relativist.
    To be honest, I was mostly joking.

Glycerine

Well, if the anecdotes and self-reports are accurate, then they would be objective.

Oh, Jesus Christ, if you're gunna mark me with the possibly P label, at least give me an xNTx to make it accurate.

An INTP is the least of the three NTs I resemble.

To be honest, I was mostly joking.
    hahaha, I just said INTX because I couldn't think of the right label so I grouped the INTX as scientists. I think there would be chaos the day you turned INTP. You are so Ni, it's not funny with that "metaperspective" business, you are always going on about.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

Lol. I like how in my earlier post people thought I was trolling. The fact is, while Fe may perpetuate racism, Fi is the one that creates it.

NFP's on here are just a little to self-aggrandizing and irrational for me. They don't want to believe that there is anything wrong with Fi and that only Fe could be the source of social woes, as is evidenced by the tongue-in-cheek post identifying Fi as a 'snow-flake', following my post.

Also, don't confuse SFJ Fe for NFJ Fe. SFJ Fe is the one that concerns itself with maintaining societal norms (Si). Fe in general is not just concerned with externalized arrays of interpersonal relations, but also the impact that one can have on another (in some contexts 'social effectiveness'.) This can manifest itself as regret for a past action (Fe+Si).

Fe + Ni = a continuously refined and idealized, complex perception on how one should impact others. The Bible is rife with examples that have FeNi/NiFe at its source. "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" is a message about reciprocity and social accountability that NFJ's were trying to communicate to Fi users.

Nuff said.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by chris1207 View Post
    "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" is a message about reciprocity and social accountability that NFJ's were trying to communicate to Fi users.

I was largely (not entirely) with you til that last part... I know what you're getting at, and I've thought the thought before, but I don't know how accurate it really is. It's working from a paradigm of Fe are the good people and Fi are the bad people and the Bible's trying to make the bad people (Fi-users) good (like Fe-users). No offense, but that reeks of oversimplification and type bias (not to mention a religious angle that I don't think has really been a significant part of this discussion to any degree).

That being said, I had been meaning several days ago to mention that, for all the complaint (from myself included) about Fe people projecting their values onto others, we don't often enough hear the same complaint about Fi users, and, to be honest, I think it's often very true of them as well, and it's just as, if not possibly even more ridiculous in those circumstances, because that is one person projecting their highly subjective Fi values onto somebody/everybody else, whereas at least the Fe users are projecting onto other people values that they're at least attempting to find some kinda common ground with everybody else on.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

I was largely (not entirely) with you til that last part... I know what you're getting at, and I've thought the thought before, but I don't know how accurate it really is. It's working from a paradigm of Fe are the good people and Fi are the bad people and the Bible's trying to make the bad people (Fi-users) good (like Fe-users). No offense, but that reeks of oversimplification and type bias (not to mention a religious angle that I don't think has really been a significant part of this discussion to any degree).
    What if we were to say that the Bible wants to further the cause of collectivism rather than individualism? I wasn't trying to imply that Fi users are the only bad people.