User Tag List

First 412131415162464 Last

Results 131 to 140 of 721

Thread: Fe Fakeness

  1. #131
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    MBTI
    ZZZZ
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Got it. When it comes to communication, you expect everyone to meet you on your turf.
    I can see how it looks that way. But it is in fact not the case.

    My argument is this.

    Me vs Community : Community norm must be respected
    Community vs The World: World norms should be at least considered

    We had similar discussion just now about this place being insular. This would be an example.

    Having a separate set of definitions just means it will be more cut off. I wasn't making a Me vs Community argument at all. I was making Community vs English and Society at large.

  2. #132
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    MBTI
    ZZZZ
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Wow, you people believe a bunch of nonsense.

    Refutation coming.

    **

    If objectivity is "just an illusion", then, according to your beliefs, if you show two people the same card with a number 5 on it and ask each of them what the number is, and one of them says the number is 4 and the other says the number is 5, then neither one of them is actually correct, as it's "just an illusion".

    I see the hole of flabby relativism you all find yourselves in, but some of us were smart enough to leave that back in college.

    Let me also say "surprise surprise!" that two INFJs would profess such retarded beliefs about Te.

    Doesn't sound at all like a description of Beebe's trickster function for the INFJ...

    Nope... not at all...

    Haha agreed.

    Listen though if you really having to convince people that objectivity exists, you've already struck the iceberg and you might as well bail, because its a losing battle.

  3. #133
    Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,939

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    retarded beliefs
    As rigorously objective as ever, I see.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx


    I DOORSLAMMING

  4. #134
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    As rigorously objective as ever, I see.
    Did you not see the "refutation coming"?

    Or are you once again letting your subjective emotional response prevent you from seeing the objective facts of the matter?

    Also, I see that you make a habit of conveniently leaving out the parts of your interlocutor's response that you can't really respond to.

    That's a pretty uncouth habit to go around cherry-picking like that -- not befitting of a serious debate...

    If you want to have a serious discussion, leaving out the shorthand ("retarded") for why your argument is wrong, I am willing.

    I will not be willing if you simply go around cherry-picking, and not addressing the entirety of my message.

    If what you want is a rigorous analysis as to why what I dismissed is inaccurate, just let me know.

    Despite the fact that I use shorthand for efficiency's sake, the facts are all back their to support precisely what I'm saying.

  5. #135
    Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,939

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Did you not see the "refutation coming"?

    Or are you once again letting your subjective emotional response prevent you from seeing the objective facts of the matter?
    No, none of the above. I just saw something that wasn't objective at all.

    Funny, you know...I left that type of thing back in college.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx


    I DOORSLAMMING

  6. #136
    Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,939

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Wow, you people believe a bunch of nonsense.
    Objective? Not subjective? you sure about that?


    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Refutation coming.

    **

    If objectivity is "just an illusion", then, according to your beliefs, if you show two people the same card with a number 5 on it and ask each of them what the number is, and one of them says the number is 4 and the other says the number is 5, then neither one of them is actually correct, as it's "just an illusion".

    I see the hole of flabby relativism you all find yourselves in, but some of us were smart enough to leave that back in college.
    Can you quantify what anyone said as "flabby relativism"? Is that an objective judgment? Can you prove to me how it's objective?

    Your above example is odd... I think you're picking a rather more straightforward instance than any of the below. If you want to talk about objective objectivity, by all means confine yourself to discussions about whether the number 4 is the number 4.


    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Let me also say "surprise surprise!" that two INFJs would profess such retarded beliefs about Te.

    Doesn't sound at all like a description of Beebe's trickster function for the INFJ...

    Nope... not at all...

    Objective? Really? HOw is the above objective? How is objective? I see very little objectivity here. Please elaborate on your reasoning.

    Oh, and last time I checked, "retarded" wasn't shorthand. It was a derogatory schoolyard insult. I left that back in the late 80s aged around 8.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx


    I DOORSLAMMING

  7. #137
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    No, none of the above. I just saw something that wasn't objective at all.
    Calling something retarded as shorthand for saying it is inaccurate, if it is indeed inaccurate, is not "not being objective at all".

    It's actually being perfectly objective.

    It's just using shorthand.

    Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    Funny, you know...I left that type of thing back in college.
    What?

    Your ability to see things accurately?

    Yes, it appears you did.

  8. #138
    Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,939

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    What?

    Your ability to see things accurately?

    Yes, it appears you did.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx


    I DOORSLAMMING

  9. #139
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    MBTI
    ZZZZ
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Wow, you people believe a bunch of nonsense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Hello there, Typology CENTRAL! How are y'all doing TONIGHT?!?

    Looks like y'all are doing great!! What a fine, intelligent crowd we have assembled here tonight!!!
    <snip>

    Beyond those two angles, I enjoy simply developing a better understanding of the types and type theory in general, and I'm most experienced in MBTI, then astrology, and then the enneagram.
    I have to call you on this Zarathusthra. You can't go around accusing others of believing BS, if you believe bullshit yourself.

    And secondly what was with the nauseating amount of emoticons etc. Where you just pretending? I beginning to seriously doubt you as an INTJ.

  10. #140
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Calling something retarded as shorthand for saying it is inaccurate.
    If someone came into my office and used the word "retarded," at any time during the interview, I'd tell him to get the fuck out of my office and go work at a Dairy Queen.

Similar Threads

  1. [Fe] Any INFJs who think Fe is "fake"?
    By SilkRoad in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 12-26-2011, 12:42 AM
  2. [NF] Other NF's hate salespeople's fake Fe?
    By Lily flower in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 10-15-2011, 11:09 AM
  3. [Fe] Is Fe fake or manipulative?
    By jixmixfix in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 341
    Last Post: 08-05-2011, 11:28 PM
  4. [Fe] Fe is fake and manipulative (proofs inside)
    By INTP in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-21-2011, 01:04 AM
  5. [Fe] Fe: No cute title...I just don't get it
    By sakuraba in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 106
    Last Post: 11-18-2008, 09:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO