User Tag List

12311 Last

MBTI
    ZZZZ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Post What MBTI type was Carl Jung

Google is useless because it get's really confused with irrelevant info when you type that question in, for obvious reasons

Can anyone help out? I would hazard a very rough guess he is some sort of iNtuitive and probably an introvert.

Also a source or definitive answer would be great!

TIA

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

www.youtube.com/watch?v=biu4ds63lqc

@ around 18min he is talking about how freud when he had thought of something then it was settled, and saying that he himself was doubting all along.
    freud J and jung P

@ 28min he says:
    "i was always characterized by thinking"
    "and i had a great deal of intuition too"
    "and i had definite difficulties with feeling"
    "and my relationship with reality was not particulary brilliant"

so T dominant with intuition, because of P its Ti Ne. definite difficulties with feeling suggests to inferior Fe and the last sentense suggests to lower S than N, but better S than F

= INTP(TiNeSiFe)

people will try to say that he was ISTP INTJ or INFJ, but thats just bullshit. you can hear him give a diagnosis for his type here and its pointing to INTP. also on some documentary made after jung had died some personal friend/analyst of jungs said that jung was introverted thinking type with intuition, in MBTI terms that INTP. cba to find that documentary, but if i remember right it was one of those long documentaries that tou can find from youtube.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    ZZZZ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=biu4ds63lqc

@ around 18min he is talking about how freud when he had thought of something then it was settled, and saying that he himself was doubting all along.
    freud J and jung P

@ 28min he says:
    "i was always characterized by thinking"
    "and i had a great deal of intuition too"
    "and i had definite difficulties with feeling"
    "and my relationship with reality was not particulary brilliant"

so T dominant with intuition, because of P its Ti Ne. definite difficulties with feeling suggests to inferior Fe and the last sentense suggests to lower S than N, but better S than F

= INTP(TiNeSiFe)

people will try to say that he was ISTP INTJ or INFJ, but thats just bullshit. you can hear him give a diagnosis for his type here and its pointing to INTP. also on some documentary made after jung had died some personal friend/analyst of jungs said that jung was introverted thinking type with intuition, in MBTI terms that INTP. cba to find that documentary, but if i remember right it was one of those long documentaries that tou can find from youtube.
    Thank you.

• Are you an authority on Jung?
    • How many people have you typed?
    • Do you keep a record of typings?
    • Are you certain you are an INTP? (I always give more weight to someone who is of the same type typing others like themselves). IOW it's easy to spot your own kind.

You asking me to treat your opinion as more authoritative, and I welcome that (Te). Just wanted to make sure that it is deservingly so. (Fi) I am new here so don't know anyone. (Se)

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

He classified himself as a introverted thinking type (thus, IJ) with intuition as auxiliary (thus, INTJ). MBTI screwed up the functional ordering (inexcuseably so), thus sometimes he's thought about as INTP, but if you read his books he makes it clear that introverted thinking types are introverted rational types - IJs.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    ZZZZ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    He classified himself as a introverted thinking type (thus, IJ) with intuition as auxiliary (thus, INTJ). MBTI screwed up the functional ordering (inexcuseably so), thus sometimes he's thought about as INTP, but if you read his books he makes it clear that introverted thinking types are introverted rational types - IJs.
    Interesting, thank you. Have you read his books?

I would think Ni vs Ne would be the key thing here...

MBTI
    ZZZZ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Furthermore (out of interest), has anyone of authority professionally, eg Keirsey, ever typed Jung?

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

introverted thinking type with intuition translates to INTP in MBTI, not INTJ, its INTJ in socionics.

you are misunderstanding jungs rational/irrational concept. rational type in jungs term means rational(T or F) function as dominant function. MBTI doesent use rational/irrational in types, instead its divided into judging/perceiving type and functions.

P type in MBTI means that strongest perceiving/irrational function is extraverted and rational/judging is introverted. jung used Ti Ne, thats P type in MBTI and rational type in jungs terms. INTJ is judging type in MBTI and irrational in jungs typology. ENTJ is judging type in MBTI and rational in jungs terms.
    INTP has dom rational/judging function and extraverted irrational/perceiving.
    INTJ irrational introverted dom function(thus irrational type in jungs terms) and extraverted rational aux(thus judging in MBTI).
    ENTJ rational dom(thus rational type in jung terms and J in MBTI) and irrational aux..

introverted rational type is not J type, but extraverted rational type is J.

so introverted thinking with intuition = INTP in MBTI.

and please dont start to argue about basic things like this. i cant even believe that someone would make the claims you are making. especially someone who has been on this site since 2007..
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by five View Post
    Interesting, thank you. Have you read his books?

I would think Ni vs Ne would be the key thing here...
    dont listen to him, he doesent know what hes talking about and obviously havent read the book since his making that sort of statements.

anyways, what do you mean by "authority on jung"?
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

No, INTP, I'm 100% correct, I'm sorry. Read the book again: introverted thinking and introverted feeling types are introverted rationals, thus IJs. Just like extraverted thinking and extraverted feeling types are EJs. I understand MBTI has a different classification, but it's WRONG.
    If you disagree, it's fine, but I personally think you're wrong.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

No, INTP, I'm 100% correct, I'm sorry. Read the book again: introverted thinking and introverted feeling types are introverted rationals, thus IJs. Just like extraverted thinking and extraverted feeling types are EJs. I understand MBTI has a different classification, but it's WRONG.
    If you disagree, it's fine, but I personally think you're wrong.
    lol. yes introverted thinking and feeling types are rational types, but not J. jung didnt use P/J types in his typology. MBTI doesent use rational/irrational type.

jung types types with irrational dom as irrational types. MBTI types irrational introverted types as J.

for jung its about dom function, for MBTI its about the extraverted function.

you are confusing MBTI with socionics, in socionics J type = jung rational type, because socionics uses J/P, but makes the distinction based on dom function like jung.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myers-Briggs_Type_Indicator#Lifestyle:_judgment.2Fpercep tion_.28J.2FP.29

learn the basics. and this isnt a matter of opinion. if you read the topic it says MBTI type...
    — C.G. Jung

Read