• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What MBTI type was Carl Jung

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah, some of the things you said are why I could see him being a Ti-dom -- specifically the way he described things.

But, honestly, in the BBC interview he says something that it's hard for me to believe that any Ti-dom would say.

Honestly, what Ti-dom, when asked, "Do you believe there is a God?", says, "I don't believe. I know."

To me, that just sounds like something straight out of the mouth of an INFJ.

Yeah I don't really buy into the whole shadow function thing much. It adds too many convolutions and too much room for error I believe. I prefer to look at something simply with inductive reasoning rather than abtrusely.

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Your opinion is hereby meaningless.

Yea, well I think the same thing about yours, so we're even. You believe that a man 10X yourself in wisdom and knowledge doesn't know his own preferences, by the time of the writing of Analytical Psychology......
That's simply ridiculous. Of course he's going to question and doubt, he's meant to. That's how he wrote the books in the first place. He's a scientist with a scientific mind, as he explained.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
I prefer to look at something simply with inductive reasoning rather than abtrusely.

:laugh:

Sure thing...

Yeah I don't really buy into the whole shadow function thing much.

It adds too many convolutions and too much room for error I believe.

You're the second person who's said this to me today (and the other wasn't even here).

Same question I had for him: what exactly do you not buy into?

That there's any such things as "shadow functions"?

Well, we kinda define what those are, so...

*doesn't want to derail, willing to take it to pm if you'd like*

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Yea, well I think the same thing about yours, so we're even. You believe that a man 10X yourself in wisdom and knowledge doesn't know his own preferences, by the time of the writing of Analytical Psychology......
That's simply ridiculous. Of course he's going to question and doubt, he's meant to. That's how he wrote the books in the first place. He's a scientist with a scientific mind, as he explained.

First of all, you know nothing about me, so your opinion about me vs Jung is meaningless.

Second of all, I asked you to specify when this book was written and published, and you still have not answered.

Third, you haven't even watched the fucking interview! Nor do you seem to have considered the arguments before yours!

It's pretty clear that I've given a lot more thought to this, and sampled a lot more evidence, than you have.

Hence, your opinion is meaningless. And I wouldn't be saying that if you had considered more evidence.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

HOW DARE YOU!! There is no one wiser than the MIGHTY ZARATHUSTRA!! I hereby banish thee little bunny to the dark, dreaded forest forevermore!

:2ar15:

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

First of all, you know nothing about me, so your opinion about me vs Jung is meaningless.

Second of all, I asked you to specify when this book was written and published, and you have still not answered.

Third, you haven't even watched the fucking interview!

Oh I know enough to know that anyone on this forum isn't a hair on the ass of Carl Jung. If you think you are, get off this forum and prove it.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Oh I know enough to know that anyone on this forum isn't a hair on the ass of Carl Jung. If you think you are, get off this forum and prove it.

Yes, I hold Jung in high regard as well. Kudos to you for feeling this way too.

However, I need not get off this forum to accomplish what I want in life.

As for why you think that would matter: I really don't have a clue...

Are you not aware of how much correspondence Jung engaged in during his life?

An internet forum is essentially a modern form of letter-writing.

In fact, it can be far more productive; it all depends on how you use it.

As for my life: feel free to judge me at the end of it.

If you knew anything about me, your opinion might have some value.

Aside from all that: I notice you didn't deal with the rest of what I said.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
You realize that the BBC interview happened over 30 years after these lectures were given, right?

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You realize that the BBC interview happened over 30 years after these lectures were given, right?

I will spend some time to watch the interview in it's entirety later, and think about it.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm stumbling through stumbleupon and this site came up .. If it's on the internet then it must be true, Carl Jung was an INFJ (apparently)

http://www.celebritytypes.com/philosophers/

I don't think this site holds much weight, personally.

That page is well-known to me. The site creator comes around here occasionally. I think the type calls are good enough for gubmint work. I can't very well dispute many or most of them.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I just saw these below from the site and thought wth??

Steven Spielberg an ESFJ
Vin Diesel an ISFJ

But then hey, i don'tsee them day to day, how would i know.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
As mal said, the owners of that website are members here.

They used to have Spielberg as ESTJ...

:thinking:

Last edited:

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
As mal said, the owners of that website are members here.

The used to have Spielberg as ESTJ...

:thinking:

Well i've never proclaimed to be an expert at typing people, i just thought the type/info given was a little off IMO.