User Tag List

First 67891018 Last

MBTI
    ZZZZ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    Pure Ni. I felt exactly the same way from my 20's onwards. It peaked at about 27. Before more grounding Te and Se's started developing further helping me communicate.

Never felt lonely though more just frustrated like I couldn't be understood.

INFJ without question.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by five View Post
    Pure Ni. I felt exactly the same way from my 20's onwards. It peaked at about 27. Before more grounding Te and Se's started developing further helping me communicate.

Never felt lonely though more just frustrated like I couldn't be understood.

INFJ without question.
    I don't know what "pure Ni" means. But this is what I wrote on the topic of Jung's type on Personalitynation.

I'm rather shamelessly arguing that Jung mistyped himself, and that he was an Ni thinker. And that his Se self-typing was simply based on the fact that he knew himself to be a natural scientist - his start and his end were both found in nature (human nature, his patients). He took up the data, built a theory on the data, and then applied it back to the "data."

However, what I'm saying is that, as a theory-builder, Jung had more than just Te going on. He searched externally for the possibilities in the data that enabled him to build his theory. But these possibilities - the functions - are not found in the data. They were his method for arranging the data systematically. Therefore I am describing the INTJ mentality.

There is definitely J-closure in building and creating a system, whether Kantian, Jungian, or Darwinian. P-non-closure (the playful theorist) never quite gets around to finishing it. The INTP prefers to juggle ideas endlessly. Some might argue that Kant was still creating before he died, and therefore he was an INTP, but that's only because he didn't live long enough to finish building the architectonic of pure reason. Theory-building is an INTJ trait.

Introverted Intuition Function
    "Intuitive people process data through impressions, possibilities and meanings, so the Introverted Intuition function allows a person to have a sense about the future. It is the ability to grasp and get a sense of a pattern or plan. Information that is usually hard to understand and dissect is easily processed through Introverted Intuition."

The Ni function is obviously dependent upon having information to process - thus Jung's error in self-describing as Se.
    That's part of it. I had other reasons for going with Ni that I don't need to quote here.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Which I'm pretty sure that was published long before he gave this quote from the interview posted earlier in the thread (when he was 80+ yrs old), which suggests his sensing preference was not very strong:

It seems that Jung changed his mind on his type (because he did not view type as static) and/or people are interpreting these quotes to suit their view, which is often to make him their type. The other quotes you used ICUP don't strike me as ISTP in particular. I can relate to the reasoning in those myself, and I don't think Jung is INFP at all.
    No, I don't think so either, and never claimed them to be. I was posting just because I found them interesting.... not to prove anything to anyone. Although I do find his views on state and freedom to be istp-y. If I said the same thing, many would just assume I was paranoid lol......
    Just because I think it might be exactly like something I would write and stand for, does not rule out the possibility that another type might write it too, in other words. It just makes it a possibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    What I'm getting from this is that he felt he was a Thinking type when young and then became an iNtuitive type as his iNtuition took over (which had always been strong though).

If people are arguing heavy use of the tertiary characterizing him (saying he was Ti-Ni or Ni-Ti), then you could also argue that when he made the quote about sensing he was Ti-Si, then as his iNtuition "grew" he came to use Ne more. There's no reason to assume the sensing he used was Se.
    Of course it's a possibility to twist it around, but initially he did claim T-S as uppermost in him. I think that's enough to lead me to believe the answer is ISTP. Sure, we all change as we get older. We grow.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

You guys should get more into his theories in order to quote properly. this unconscious N and F and type not being static doesent mean what you guys are trying to prove with those quotes. cba to explain those now
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

So Hitler and Jung were INFJ ? What would happen if I'd ask for Freud ?

Guess NTs aint that bad after all
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

I consider Freud to be an INTJ. He reminds me of Isaac Newton, only with more issues, and a, well, softer science to work with.

A lot of his theories scream Ni to me. Ti would have resulted in little to no out of left field theories and claims, which his work was replete with, which pretty much rules out xNTP. It would almost seem like empirical psychology and Ti would mix like oil and water, to me. The nature of his work seemed NT to me, I don't see much F in it. His regard for humanity is too pessimistic to be a healthy F, not psychotic enough to be an unhealthy INFJ.

I don't know enough about him to know if he is I or E, but from what I've seen of him on famous people MBTI laundry lists, is almost all INxx, if not all.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by LaconicSesquipedalia View Post
    I consider Freud to be an INTJ. He reminds me of Isaac Newton, only with more issues, and a, well, softer science to work with.

A lot of his theories scream Ni to me. Ti would have resulted in little to no out of left field theories and claims, which his work was replete with, which pretty much rules out xNTP. It would almost seem like empirical psychology and Ti would mix like oil and water, to me. The nature of his work seemed NT to me, I don't see much F in it. His regard for humanity is too pessimistic to be a healthy F, not psychotic enough to be an unhealthy INFJ.

I don't know enough about him to know if he is I or E, but from what I've seen of him on famous people MBTI laundry lists, is almost all INxx, if not all.
    Yea, I tend to give most of these types an intp or intj as well. The thing is the simple sum of all INFJs on this site does not tend to talk bullshit like Jung or Freud and to actively put people into categories. All the analysis going on regarding these heads from history always feels detached from reality and I trust my hunches

I'm not quite so confident in N dom, at least mine. I view it as a double-edged sword, with the potential for great creativity and insight, but also the potential to produce plenty moments, but also plenty :P

From what I've read over at INTJf, Ne dom seems to produce tinfoil hat stuff, while Ni seems to produce facepalm stuff lol.

ReflecTcelfeR

I'm not quite so confident in N dom, at least mine. I view it as a double-edged sword, with the potential for great creativity and insight, but also the potential to produce plenty moments, but also plenty :P

From what I've read over at INTJf, Ne dom seems to produce tinfoil hat stuff, while Ni seems to produce facepalm stuff lol.
    Hahaha, yeah, a lot of re-inventing the wheel stuff. That's what I find myself doing.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

The amount of trust you can put into N can imo be measured by what you want to achieve. If you run thru the world trieing to logically explain everything, you are going to find your limits and are conspicious about N. Still logic will not suffice to explain love and hate and all the mysery and happiness it causes on the world. A fine tuned intuition or listening to what your body tells you in a situation can be a better guide than what your brain tells you.

I have experienced especially young americans on this site now for years showing a horrifieing demand for logic. Still its just playing along with what society demands from them, cause if you make sense in the capitalistic society, you can get anywhere. Still I dont think that logic is the goal, I rather thing that wisdom is the way to personal happiness and said one is an ability which is often completly blocked by logic or emotions and is a thing that holds a fine balance between the two.

I have no clue what I wanted to tell you I forgot midway

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecTcelfeR View Post
    Hahaha, yeah, a lot of re-inventing the wheel stuff. That's what I find myself doing.
    Re-inventing stuff over and over again gives you a more fine-tuned understanding of the inner workings of a thing. That knowledge some day will be what you need as basics to invent something new