User Tag List

First 25333435363745 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    The purpose of jargon is to conceal meaning.
    That is a possible purpose, but not the purpose and certainly not my intention. I resent the implication.
    Facetious Frank

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

The purpose of jargon is to conceal meaning.
    The purpose of jargon is to convey meaning, providing words for things that did not previously have words. Otherwise, conversations about most technical topics would sound like this:

An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin-X View Post
    That is a possible purpose, but not the purpose and certainly not my intention. I resent the implication.
    Resent away.

I live in a political Capital run by Public Servants. Both the pollies and the Public Servants use jargon to obscure meaning.

Also cults like mbti use jargon to befuddle the minds of the followers so they won't ask too many searching questions.

No, those who want to convey meaning use plain English.

And yes, George Orwell warned us of jargon in 1946 and showed how to use plain English to convey meaning -

Click on George Orwell: Politics and the English Language

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    The purpose of jargon is to convey meaning
    I think you mean notation rather than jargon.

For instance, there is mathematical notation, musical notation, dance notation, computer notation, etc.

And the International Journal of Notational Analysis covers a multitude of fields.

And note, there is no International Journal of Jargon Analysis.

Resent away.

I live in a political Capital run by Public Servants. Both the pollies and the Public Servants use jargon to obscure meaning.

Also cults like mbti use jargon to befuddle the minds of the followers so they won't ask too many searching questions.

No, those who want to convey meaning use plain English.

And yes, George Orwell warned us of jargon in 1946 and showed how to use plain English to convey meaning -

Click on George Orwell: Politics and the English Language
    lol. If you had questions you could always ask. Why are you so cynical?

Public servants in my neighbourhood use jargon to obscure meaning.
    Therefore everyone uses jargon to obscure meaning.

That's weird logic.

I was using the same language that Jung used to debate Jungian concepts with @INTP. Why are you picking a fight with me? What did I ever do to you? Where is the love?
    Facetious Frank

I think Jung was an ISTJ. He looks like he had low F in his photos. There's some hidden fierceness in his eyes which may point towards high S function.

I've seen this kind of look before. I think N types have a less stern look so he's not high in N.

Where is the love?
    You want me to love you?

Yet here I am on the opposite side of the world in another hemisphere, iiving in a different culture, and you want me to love you.

The appropriate people to love you are your parents. If they practised the helping mode of child rearing, they would have met your narcissistic need to be loved unconditionally when you were a baby.

If your parents were unable to love you unconditionally as a baby and meet your narcissitic needs, you may have been left with a narcissistic neurosis, like so many here.

If you do have a narcissistic neurosis, you will not get your needs met on Typology Central, rather you can get your needs met by a professional therapist who will give you unconditional love, interpret your neurosis, and so repair your psychological damage.

And the advantage of having your psychological damage repaired is that you will not go on to damage others.

You want me to love you?

Yet here I am on the opposite side of the world in another hemisphere, iiving in a different culture, and you want me to love you.

The appropriate people to love you are your parents. If they practised the helping mode of child rearing, they would have met your narcissistic need to be loved unconditionally when you were a baby.

If your parents were unable to love you unconditionally as a baby and meet your narcissitic needs, you may have been left with a narcissistic neurosis, like so many here.

If you do have a narcissistic neurosis, you will not get your needs met on Typology Central, rather you can get your needs met by a professional therapist who will give you unconditional love, interpret your neurosis, and so repair your psychological damage.

And the advantage of having your psychological damage repaired is that you will not go on to damage others.
    LOL! You know what I love about you? Your crazy projections onto me. I can only handle so much crazy and we are derailing the thread. I'm putting a stop to that and setting you to ignore.

Have a nice day regardless!

Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    I think Jung was an ISTJ. He looks like he had low F in his photos. There's some hidden fierceness in his eyes which may point towards high S function.

I've seen this kind of look before. I think N types have a less stern look so he's not high in N.
    In a 1925 lecture Jung did say he had a preference for Thinking and Sensing:

Quote Originally Posted by Jung
    As a natural scientist, thinking and sensation were uppermost in me and intuition and feeling were in the unconscious
    - Introduction to Jungian Psychology, Notes of the Seminar on Analytical Psychology Given in 1925

Though he also stated in a 1950s interview that he preferred Thinking and Intuition (already posted by @INTP on the first page).
    Facetious Frank

In a 1925 lecture Jung did say he had a preference for Thinking and Sensing:

- Introduction to Jungian Psychology, Notes of the Seminar on Analytical Psychology Given in 1925

Though he also stated in a 1950s interview that he preferred Thinking and Intuition (already posted by @INTP on the first page).
    Carl Gustav Jung wrote that his book Personality Types was based on no empirical evidence.

And empirical evidence is the difference between a guru and a psychologist.

Modern medicine is evidence based medicine, and modern psychology is evidence base psychology.

And gurus want to fool us because we want to fool ourselves.

MBTI
    InFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx

INFJ with heavy Ti is my tentative typing, but I still need to read more about him to form a solid impression of his type.