First 19272829303139 Last

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Poimandres View Post
    Hey guys I think Carl Jung is just like Yoda because he's a 9w1 who people can't freaking tell for the difference between INFJ and INTP!

It's funny how those 2 types look so dang similar to people, since I thought FJ and TP is suppost to be like the explorer Vs. the loyalist.
    I'm not sure if that's the difference exactly. But notice how some in this thread use tertiary theory to prove whatever type they want Carl Jung to be. I can do that too. Carl Jung was an INFJ with tertiary Ti, thus explaining his Ti writing style.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    I'm simply asking - WTF IS THIS THEORY? I really want to know how this magic works.
    It's called intuition.

I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Kamishi View Post
    It's called intuition.
    Then it's not inter-subjective, not teachable, and not provable. Why should anybody believe someone's intuition?

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Then it's not inter-subjective, not teachable, and not provable. Why should anybody believe someone's intuition?
    I agree. It's good to generate new ideas, whether they come from the unconscious, observation, synthesis and so forth, but it's even better to refine them and really build them up. Otherwise, we're dealing with subjective notions that lack a proper structure or foundation. The best ideas should be supported by any possible improvement imaginable.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

"sensing function is a function that takes in physiological stimuli, i.e. physiological sensations. naturally when the sensation is I or E, it has some differences, but the main point is that it is physiological sensation."

And then just below that, you quoted Jung saying:
    "Sensation, or sensing, is that psychological function which transmits a physical stimulus to perception. It is, therefore, identical with perception."

psychological: Of, affecting, or arising in the mind; related to the mental and emotional state of a person.

physiology: The branch of biology that deals with the normal functions of living organisms and their parts.

Physiological = body; psychological = mind.

"lol basics"
    haha u rage so hard that you cant even think straight :----DDDDDD
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    haha u rage so hard that you cant even think straight :----DDDDDD

MBTI
    ZZZZ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Indeed why should we? Suspicion of intuitive modalities is about as old as time itself. The same can be said of Ti's disdain for Te's imprecision. etc.

But I agree too, a priori we should not simply believe any random intuition, from any random person. For example my gf, could say she believes that the Vitamin C poisoned her, because she felt bad upon consuming it. She could even be convinced and yet that would not make necessarily make a compelling case. However depending on her rigor and track record in making previous claims, we may slightly adjust the probability of that intuition being true, despite being anecdotal evidence.

However perhaps consider a more challenging example.

Lets us assume a person* ("Miss Daisy") has an intuition that a neuroethical agnostic moral framework will rise in dominance within the population, and religious based morality system, (eg "the 10 commandments") will decrease over the next 500 years in popular use.

Is it potentially falsifiable? (ala Popper)
    Well at least in theory it could be possible to setup metrics to measure the acceptance and use of a concept within a population. For example, Google Zeitgeist might be a primitive precursor.

Is it teachable?
    I feel it could be What do you think?

Is it inter-subjective?
    Maybe, is it possible could come to similar conclusions via intuition or other methods?

*(I would normally say 'I have' but I'm trying hard to emulate the NTP communication style)

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

That positive stuff I said about Mal a week or two ago...

I knew it wouldn't last long.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

This attitude clearly devalues intuition as a perspective and also seems extroverted. As such, you are likely to never be able to fully appreciate intuition as a perspective or understand that intuition doesn't need to be provable or similar for it to be valid or reliable as a cognitive perspective.

Jung's entire theory is based on intuition so if you devalue intuition you also devalue all of his theories.

I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Kamishi View Post
    This attitude clearly devalues intuition as a perspective and also seems extroverted. As such, you are likely to never be able to fully appreciate intuition as a perspective or understand that intuition doesn't need to be provable or similar for it to be valid or reliable as a cognitive perspective.

Jung's entire theory is based on intuition so if you devalue intuition you also devalue all of his theories.
    That's true, but the devaluation of Jung's theories is old news.