User Tag List

First 17252627282937 Last

Results 261 to 270 of 456

  1. #261
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Then we are all sensing types because we have senses.

    Meaningless.
    lol, again learn the basics:

    "From a great number of existing or possible attitudes I have singled out four; those, namely, that are primarily oriented by the four basic psychological functions: thinking, feeling, sensation, intuition. When any of these attitudes is habitual, thus setting a definite stamp on the character of an individual, I speak of a psychological type.. A further division into two classes is permitted by the predominant trend of the movement of libido, namely introversion and extraversion."

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    People here are using some amazing theory only known to them by which they can magically determine psychological type merely from reading a couple paragraphs someone wrote.

    I'm simply asking - WTF IS THIS THEORY? I really want to know how this magic works.
    i just said that he seems like INTP based on how he writes, that doesent require some general theory about how to type based on writing style. there are so many examples that i could use, which doesent follow any strict theory, but those things work as a sort of hints about what going on in his mind and to me it seems like they point towards a mind of an INTP.

    why do you keep replying to me with this sort of bullshit? i mean i understand that you are hurt and feel bad because of some health problems, but its not really a reason to try to annoy other people to make them feel bad too. so the underlying question is. why do you think that it would make you feel better if you try to make other people feel bad?
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

  2. #262
    Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,143

    Default

    I've not read the entire thread of course. But I've seen some saying that a Ni-Ti loop is not possible for Jung because that would mean that he developed his tertiary before his auxilary, which is imposible.

    I disagree. You can see, for example, an ESTP who is very E and with a weak T preference developing his Fe more and with more precocity than his Ti. Same for an very introverted and with a weak F preference INFJ. I think there's many others very introverted INFJ whom their Fe's development has been inhibited by the high degree of their introversion.

    It's even not sure that he truly developped Fe after Ti. It seems to me that both started to grow when he entered in university, a place where it was easyer for him to make socials contacts, and also where it was a place which favored the development of his Ti. But there's not actually big clue of Ti with Jung before this. The child/teenager Jung was extremely involved in abstract thinking (Ni), but not very much in logical thinking.(Ti) Of course, that made him say that he was "always characterised by thinking", but thinking=/=Ti, Ni is a form of thinking as well.

    Also, he used Ti for sure, but more in the scrupulous, disciplined and holistic way INFJs use it, than the carefree, indolent and dispersed way INTPs use it.

    And as it has ever been said on the thread. He has no Ne, or very few.

    So INFJ rather than INTP totally makes sense for Jung.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

    Chaotic Neutral

    E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

    "I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

    "Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

  3. #263
    ndovjtjcaqidthi
    Guest

    Default

    I always thought he was an INFJ..

  4. #264
    Retired Nicki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,512

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    from what i said on post above:

    "this ISTP argument comes from when jung said something along in the lines that "as a scientist i use thinking and sensation foremost". but thats pretty obvious because making scientific observations you kinda need to look at what is, make logical observations about it and not get carried away with intuitive ideas too much. INTPs are perfectly capable of using what jung called concrete thinking, it means thinking led by sensation, INTPs do this by abstracting from sensations via thinking. this is what any good scientist needs to be doing foremost."
    I think he was talking about his type. He could be a Ti-Si looping INTP though.
    I really like cats and food.

  5. #265
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will
    Posts
    5,927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    I've not read the entire thread of course. But I've seen some saying that a Ni-Ti loop is not possible for Jung because that would mean that he developed his tertiary before his auxilary, which is imposible.
    Jung seems much more into the abstract world of archetypes than the rational world of theories. Ni>Ti.

    I disagree. You can see, for example, an ESTP who is very E and with a weak T preference developing his Fe more and with more precocity than his Ti. Same for an very introverted and with a weak F preference INFJ. I think there's many others very introverted INFJ whom their Fe's development has been inhibited by the high degree of their introversion.
    Jung was very introverted and in his head. He definately wasn't that expressive, but he still could use empathy (he was of course a psychological counselor), so Jung would be a feeler, as the thinking seemed to come kind of late, but the feeling and NF psychic connections seemed innate.

    It's even not sure that he truly developped Fe after Ti. It seems to me that both started to grow when he entered in university, a place where it was easyer for him to make socials contacts, and also where it was a place which favored the development of his Ti. But there's not actually big clue of Ti with Jung before this. The child/teenager Jung was extremely involved in abstract thinking (Ni), but not very much in logical thinking.(Ti) Of course, that made him say that he was "always characterised by thinking", but thinking=/=Ti, Ni is a form of thinking as well.
    This sums up my 1st and 2nd points.

    Also, he used Ti for sure, but more in the scrupulous, disciplined and holistic way INFJs use it, than the carefree, indolent and dispersed way INTPs use it.
    Jung doesn't seem goofy and impulsive with the ideas like an INTP. He seems much more focused and concentrated with the ideological developments.

    And as it has ever been said on the thread. He has no Ne, or very few.
    Jung clearly dug deep Ni holes in the psyche and did little if any Ne exploration of the spectrum.

    So INFJ rather than INTP totally makes sense for Jung.
    This was always my conclusion as well (and I'm not saying it's right, but the pieces seem to be coming together that way).

    Quote Originally Posted by Saudade View Post
    I always thought he was an INFJ..

  6. #266
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    The child/teenager Jung was extremely involved in abstract thinking (Ni), but not very much in logical thinking.(Ti)
    abstract thinking is introverting thinking, it has nothing to do with Ni:

    Quote Originally Posted by psychological types
    Abstracting-thinking brings into relief a content that is distinguished from other irrelevant elements by its intellectual, logical qualities.

    I visualize the abstracting process, therefore, as a withdrawal of libido from the object, or as a backflow of value from the object to a subjective, abstract content. Thus, for me, abstraction has the meaning of an energic depreciation of the object. In other words, abstraction can be expressed as an introverting libido-movement.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

  7. #267
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleda View Post
    I think he was talking about his type. He could be a Ti-Si looping INTP though.
    i dont understand all this looping talk. i mean "dom/tert loop" is a defensive mechanism against what ever is frightening in what ever is the opposite of dominant functions I/E attitude. its just a temporary unhealthy state, not something that characterizes the whole person, unless ofc the person is mentally really unbalanced.

    lets say for example that ENFP has some really big inner conflict and that she is afraid to face it, she may temporarily resort to going to E mode where she will focus solely on the external world, possibilities and reasons in it instead of facing her inner demons. same can happen to INTP, he may be scared something in the external world and sort of shut down from it and resorting to his inner TiSi world. i really doubt that jung would had done this since he was a kid, i mean jung did have some shitty stuff going on in his childhood, which might had made him "loop" at early ages and possibly developing his Si at reasonably early age.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

  8. #268
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,017

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    lol, again learn the basics:

    "From a great number of existing or possible attitudes I have singled out four; those, namely, that are primarily oriented by the four basic psychological functions: thinking, feeling, sensation, intuition. When any of these attitudes is habitual, thus setting a definite stamp on the character of an individual, I speak of a psychological type.. A further division into two classes is permitted by the predominant trend of the movement of libido, namely introversion and extraversion."
    Yes, and that's the EXACT point I've been making: thinking, feeling, sensation, and intuition, are functions in their own right, they don't require attitudes (or libido movements) to be functions. Yet everybody on this forum talks like functions require I and E.

    All you're doing is proving the "basic lol" of what I've been saying for the last two years here.

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    i just said that he seems like INTP based on how he writes, that doesent require some general theory about how to type based on writing style.
    Then it requires some method known only to you and a few others. Why not share this secret with the rest of us?

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    there are so many examples that i could use, which doesent follow any strict theory, but those things work as a sort of hints about what going on in his mind and to me it seems like they point towards a mind of an INTP.
    Look at writing style, writing topics - then look at everything else about the person that you can discover. Why do you try to work from such limited data as writing style?

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    why do you keep replying to me with this sort of bullshit? i mean i understand that you are hurt and feel bad because of some health problems, but its not really a reason to try to annoy other people to make them feel bad too. so the underlying question is. why do you think that it would make you feel better if you try to make other people feel bad?
    Why does it annoy you that I want to know your secret to typing someone solely by their writing style? It sounds a lot easier and would save a lot of researching.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  9. #269
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Yes, and that's the EXACT point I've been making: thinking, feeling, sensation, and intuition, are functions in their own right, they don't require attitudes (or libido movements) to be functions. Yet everybody on this forum talks like functions require I and E.

    All you're doing is proving the "basic lol" of what I've been saying for the last two years here.
    you said: "Then we are all sensing types because we have senses." , said lol learn the basics because this claim of yours is total nonsense and having sensing doesent make you sensing type, or thinking type or what ever. if someone has a thinking attitude instead of sensing attitude, that makes him thinking type, even tho he has sensing function. but i bet this is complete gibberish to you since you probably know only about how the word attitude refers to type in its reference to introversion and extraversion.

    so ill just quote jung lexicon here a bit which might help you a bit with these basics:

    Orientation
    A term used to indicate the general principle governing a personal attitude or viewpoint.

    One’s psychological orientation determines how one sees and interprets reality. In Jung’s model of typology, a thinking attitude is oriented by the principle of logic; a sensation attitude is oriented by the direct perception of concrete facts; intuition orients itself to future possibilities; and feeling is governed by subjective worth. Each of these attitudes may operate in an introverted or extraverted way.
    also i dont really care to explain further, so think about it yourself and do some studying if you dont understand this.


    Then it requires some method known only to you and a few others. Why not share this secret with the rest of us?

    Look at writing style, writing topics - then look at everything else about the person that you can discover. Why do you try to work from such limited data as writing style?

    Why does it annoy you that I want to know your secret to typing someone solely by their writing style? It sounds a lot easier and would save a lot of researching.
    i never said i type solely on writing style, you know this if you read and understood what i said, if you didnt understand or read, then there is something seriously wrong with you, however if you did your only purpose is to write crap to me.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

  10. #270
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,017

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    you said: "Then we are all sensing types because we have senses."
    Yes, because YOU keep contradicting your own explanation, pure and simple.

    You wrote:

    "sensing function is a function that takes in physiological stimuli, i.e. physiological sensations. naturally when the sensation is I or E, it has some differences, but the main point is that it is physiological sensation."

    And then just below that, you quoted Jung saying:

    "Sensation, or sensing, is that psychological function"

    It's just astounding that you can't see these direct contradictions even when they are standing right in front of your eyes with a huge neon sign with glaring letters flashing CONTRADICTION over and over again.

    Are you blind, or are you assuming that I, an INTP, am too STUPID to spot all your OBVIOUS contradictions?

    Now let's have yet another explanation of how I don't know the "lol basics." At least I know basic logic.

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    said lol learn the basics because this claim of yours is total nonsense and having sensing doesent make you sensing type, or thinking type or what ever. if someone has a thinking attitude instead of sensing attitude, that makes him thinking type, even tho he has sensing function. but i bet this is complete gibberish to you since you probably know only about how the word attitude refers to type in its reference to introversion and extraversion.

    so ill just quote jung lexicon here a bit which might help you a bit with these basics:



    also i dont really care to explain further, so think about it yourself and do some studying if you dont understand this.




    i never said i type solely on writing style, you know this if you read and understood what i said, if you didnt understand or read, then there is something seriously wrong with you, however if you did your only purpose is to write crap to me.
    "A sensation attitude is oriented by the direct perception of concrete facts." Jung Lexicon.

    There's no such thing as a sensation attitude in Jung's theory.

    Quit posting crap.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Similar Threads

  1. What MBTI type was Jesus?
    By jixmixfix in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 07-10-2014, 10:44 AM
  2. [NT] Was Carl Jung an NT?
    By INTJ123 in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 143
    Last Post: 11-10-2012, 05:35 PM
  3. What Enneagram Type is Carl Jung?
    By highlander in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: 03-15-2012, 09:19 PM
  4. What MBTI type do you think is the hardest to be?
    By OrangeAppled in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 09-02-2010, 02:04 AM
  5. What MBTI type do you think is the EASIEST to be?
    By Such Irony in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-27-2010, 09:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO