First 16242526272836 Last

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    these loops are something situational and not things that last from early childhood to adulthood.

this ISTP argument comes from when jung said something along in the lines that "as a scientist i use thinking and sensation foremost". but thats pretty obvious because making scientific observations you kinda need to look at what is, make logical observations about it and not get carried away with intuitive ideas too much. INTPs are perfectly capable of using what jung called concrete thinking, it means thinking led by sensation, INTPs do this by abstracting from sensations via thinking. this is what any good scientist needs to be doing foremost.
    Exactly. Jung was not speaking to type at all, but only, as you constantly do, to physiological sensation.

How could Jung be stupid enough to confuse physiological sensation with the Sensing function?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    If one was absurdly introverted, I don't see why it's not a possibility it could be one's dominant mode of cognition throughout life.

Noted.

If that's the only place it comes from (which I'm not sure it is), then that's a reasonable explanation.

It still doesn't discount the possibility that he's a type other than INTP, though.

In fact, that argument serves to discount in determining his type any time he mentions what functions he uses, including in the Freeman interview.

And, frankly, no one has come close to dealing with what I originally brought up in this post: http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=1#post1685476

All of the arguments since have essentially been footnotes to what I wrote in that post.

And much of what I cover there hasn't even been dealt with/touched upon.
    you are such a pain in the ass to argue with that ill just pass ill just say that he seems INTP to me based on what he writes, how he writes, how he came to the conclusions etc and not just the interview where he said that thing hinting towards INTP. i definitely dont think that he could had been an ISTP, but either Ni dom if he by some miracle werent an INTP.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

you are such a pain in the ass to argue with that ill just pass ill just say that he seems INTP to me based on what he writes, how he writes, how he came to the conclusions etc and not just the interview where he said that thing hinting towards INTP. i definitely dont think that he could had been an ISTP, but either Ni dom if he by some miracle werent an INTP.
    Where is this theory explaining how to determine type from writing style?

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Exactly. Jung was not speaking to type at all, but only, as you constantly do, to physiological sensation.

How could Jung be stupid enough to confuse physiological sensation with the Sensing function?
    sensing function is a function that takes in physiological stimuli, i.e. physiological sensations. naturally when the sensation is I or E, it has some differences, but the main point is that it is physiological sensation.

"Sensation, or sensing, is that psychological function which transmits a physical stimulus to perception. It is, therefore, identical with perception."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Where is this theory explaining how to determine type from writing style?
    who said i have some general theory about that?
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Kamishi View Post
    And it's comments like these that really make me wonder if you have actually read Jung and understood the deeper parts of his cognition when reading him. The Fe perspective in his writing is extremely obvious, a little too obvious for a proclaimed Ti type. There are plenty of comments he's made when he mocks thinkers. Kind of strange if he considers himself to be Ti dominant. He also dislikes defining his work more than he absolutely has to, and he also tends to aim snide comments and remarks towards sensors.

Just because Jung thinks he was X doesn't mean he is X. He's not perfect when it comes to self-awareness either.
    replies like yours make me go wtf
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

sensing function is a function that takes in physiological stimuli, i.e. physiological sensations. naturally when the sensation is I or E, it has some differences, but the main point is that it is physiological sensation.

"Sensation, or sensing, is that psychological function which transmits a physical stimulus to perception. It is, therefore, identical with perception."
    Then we are all sensing types because we have senses.

Meaningless.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

who said i have some general theory about that?
    People here are using some amazing theory only known to them by which they can magically determine psychological type merely from reading a couple paragraphs someone wrote.

I'm simply asking - WTF IS THIS THEORY? I really want to know how this magic works.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

you are such a pain in the ass to argue with that ill just pass
    I'll take that as a compliment.

ill just say that he seems INTP to me based on what he writes, how he writes, how he came to the conclusions etc and not just the interview where he said that thing hinting towards INTP. i definitely dont think that he could had been an ISTP, but either Ni dom if he by some miracle werent an INTP.
    I think that's a reasonable position.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

I've noticed a pattern where if an intellectual (who happens to be an introvert) is ever considered as being a possible S type, that ISTP ranks at the top of the list by quite a distance.

Tertiary Ni doesn't seem to me a sufficient explanation for the crazy conceptions generated by Jung and his introspective mind.

I don't see any ENTJs on this forum being called ESTPs because they have tertiary Se, or any ENFPs being called ENTJs because they have tertiary Te and so forth.

So basically my point is, how does tertiary Ni for an ISTP get to be blown up as being so much bigger than the tertiary functions for any other type? I think it's because of the common conception of ISTPs being the "most intellectual" sensing type, but when we take the whole picture into account, the ISTPs just seem more grounded in reality and with what works.