User Tag List

First 13212223242533 Last

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    again what you quoted talks about visions, not hallucinations. also inner voice isnt the same thing as hallucinating sounds. for example when im thinking im thinking with an inner voice, but i dont hear it as a sound coming somewhere outside of me. not to mention that if someone is really in psychosis or schizophrenic, he isnt able to doubt whether or not his thoughts or perceptions are based in reality. jung had some nasty visions, got scared and was thinking whether or not the visions and thoughts are psychotic. also what you quote is some book review in NY times, which i wouldnt take as a word of god.

what you quoted from psychological types doesent really convince either. for Ni types this "This image fascinates the intuitive activity; it is arrested by it, and seeks to explore every detail of it." is totally different from when someone is in a psychologically disturbed state and has nasty visions pouring to his mind from the unconscious. also it doesent say that other types dont have some form of visions and couldnt find some of the fascinating, it just says that this is more of a norm for Ni types..
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Poimandres View Post
    If extraversion is dominant, thinking will be directed toward the external world (e.g., a scientist like Darwin or Einstein).

I believe I read the above passage somwhere, but I had to copy it out of a google book. It's weird how it disappeared.
    this is from this book: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Personality-...dp/0805831460/

not from jung
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    again what you quoted talks about visions, not hallucinations. also inner voice isnt the same thing as hallucinating sounds. for example when im thinking im thinking with an inner voice, but i dont hear it as a sound coming somewhere outside of me. not to mention that if someone is really in psychosis or schizophrenic, he isnt able to doubt whether or not his thoughts or perceptions are based in reality. jung had some nasty visions, got scared and was thinking whether or not the visions and thoughts are psychotic. also what you quote is some book review in NY times, which i wouldnt take as a word of god.

what you quoted from psychological types doesent really convince either. for Ni types this "This image fascinates the intuitive activity; it is arrested by it, and seeks to explore every detail of it." is totally different from when someone is in a psychologically disturbed state and has nasty visions pouring to his mind from the unconscious. also it doesent say that other types dont have some form of visions and couldnt find some of the fascinating, it just says that this is more of a norm for Ni types..
    Jung did not call them hallucinations, but that's what they were.

I don't expect to convince you, even your favorite book doesn't convince you.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Vicky Jo Varner says he is an INTJ

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Vicky Jo Varner says he is an INTJ
    Then it must be true.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Jung did not call them hallucinations, but that's what they were.

I don't expect to convince you, even your favorite book doesn't convince you.
    Why do you think that they were hallucinations, even tho no one says they were? Also what jung draw on the red book definitely werent hallucinations..
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

In what universe is he an Ni type? Not his....

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Poimandres View Post
    This is actually a very good piece of information in favor of Jung being an INTP. However, there's a few contingencies that could point the other way:
    1. We don't actually know if Carl Jung knew his own type (and he founded the theory so you would think he should, but it's not a fact).
    2. He may have been playing a game with us. Just because someone says one thing doesn't mean that they aren't really thinking something else.
    3. Maybe under his own set of definitions in his context he really did fit the category of an INTP, but perhaps the system he was using was incomplete and lacked proper classifications.
    4. He has not only claimed to be an INTP, but he's also claimed to be an ISTP, as you can see in the Jung identified himself as both INTP and ISTP link.

Ultimately, you can choose to see Jung from what you perceive to be a factual standpoint as an INTP, but it doesn't change the reality of what type he really was, except in your own ideology.
    The whole problem is that his theory of typology was not really fully developed. (and he changed it a bit later on, to focus more on function-attitudes as whole packages, where before they were separate. And then, finally moved away from the theory).
    Like, there was the whole dispute (On PerC, IIRC) about which of the other functions is really the "auxiliary", and he supposedly believed both of the functions we consider "aux. and tertiary were "two auxiliaries" (Which they can be seen as, to some extent).
    This is where they whole ISTP/INTP dispute likely comes from. So if he said either S or N is his "auxiliary", that still doesn't tell you which really is according to MBTI type.

(Didn't he meet Myers or Briggs at some point? Perhaps any correspondence between them would shed some light on this).

He seems like a "directive" type (ST/NJ) to me, because his language is so "dry". And he seems N, so that's what makes him look like and INTJ. Could hypothetically be ISTP with inflated tertiary Ni, though. Could also explain why he never really completed the theory; he was going more by tangible (sensory) data, and putting together a concept around it, rather than a concept for concept's sake.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

I think Jung was way too "out there" to be a sensor. For reference, what kind of ISTP writes the Red Book!?

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Then I'll ask @SolitaryWalker what his unstated "reason" is. He stated that A does something for the same reason that B does something, i.e., INTP MBTI enthusiasts want to claim Einstein as one of their own FOR THE SAME REASON that theists do.
    What's that reason? Self-congratulations, or ascribing superlative characteristics of boundless praise to the people they identify with. INTP MBTI enthusiasts think they're quite bright, so they'll claim that Einstein was an INTP to reinforce that assertion. Theists who claim Einstein was one of their own see Einstein as a deeply spiritual man and regard his "theism" as an affirmation of their own spirituality. Similarly, atheists see Einstein as someone who was far too bright to be a theist, and use his alleged "atheism" as yet another reaffirmation of their supposed intelligence.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/