User Tag List

First 10181920212230 Last

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Poimandres View Post
    He could very well be an INTP. It wouldn't be my first guess, but it could certainly be a number 2 on this list. I just have a different opinion than you do.
    That's one reason empiricism is so important, because that way we can have a universal system of agreement which we can all look to as a reference point.
    Our own opinions will stand, but we also investigate and present the opinions of everyone else as well. If you among many others think Jung is INTP, then I have to allow for the possibility.
    jung said when asked about his type that he doesent want to give a straight answer, but will tell you this and that everyone who is capable of understanding the system will get his type; was always characterized by thinking, had a great deal of intuition too, had definite difficulties with feeling and wasnt that brilliant with sensing. and something about him being an introvert.

this is pretty much about as clear as just saying INTP, so i dont really think its correct to say that its just my opinion..
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    jung said when asked about his type that he doesent want to give a straight answer, but will tell you this and that everyone who is capable of understanding the system will get his type; was always characterized by thinking, had a great deal of intuition too, had definite difficulties with feeling and wasnt that brilliant with sensing. and something about him being an introvert.

this is pretty much about as clear as just saying INTP, so i dont really think its correct to say that its just my opinion..
    This is actually a very good piece of information in favor of Jung being an INTP. However, there's a few contingencies that could point the other way:
    1. We don't actually know if Carl Jung knew his own type (and he founded the theory so you would think he should, but it's not a fact).
    2. He may have been playing a game with us. Just because someone says one thing doesn't mean that they aren't really thinking something else.
    3. Maybe under his own set of definitions in his context he really did fit the category of an INTP, but perhaps the system he was using was incomplete and lacked proper classifications.
    4. He has not only claimed to be an INTP, but he's also claimed to be an ISTP, as you can see in the Jung identified himself as both INTP and ISTP link.

Ultimately, you can choose to see Jung from what you perceive to be a factual standpoint as an INTP, but it doesn't change the reality of what type he really was, except in your own ideology.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

This is actually a very good piece of information in favor of Jung being an INTP. However, there's a few contingencies that could point the other way:
    1. We don't actually know if Carl Jung knew his own type (and he founded the theory so you would think he should, but it's not a fact).
    2. He may have been playing a game with us. Just because someone says one thing doesn't mean that they aren't really thinking something else.
    3. Maybe under his own set of definitions in his context he really did fit the category of an INTP, but perhaps the system he was using was incomplete and lacked proper classifications.
    4. He has not only claimed to be an INTP, but he's also claimed to be an ISTP, as you can see in the Jung identified himself as both INTP and ISTP link.

Ultimately, you can choose to see Jung from what you perceive to be a factual standpoint as an INTP, but it doesn't change the reality of what type he really was, except in your own ideology.
    His Ni-dom is too obvious. And Jung didn't type himself as an ISTP.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    His Ni-dom is too obvious. And Jung didn't type himself as an ISTP.
    It looks like there's more than one person and not just me who's denying the "obvious fact" of @INTP being Jung's type. We're all morons, because it certainly doesn't take a genius to figure out what type the founder of the whole typology theory is!

Well, I don't even know what my own type is, so I guess my opinion doesn't weigh as much, but whatever, it was fun to post my idiot comments!

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

It looks like there's more than one person and not just me who's denying the "obvious fact" of @INTP being Jung's type. We're all morons, because it certainly doesn't take a genius to figure out what type the founder of the whole typology theory is!

Well, I don't even know what my own type is, so I guess my opinion doesn't weigh as much, but whatever, it was fun to post my idiot comments!
    Life's not easy
    Sometimes the heart aches
    I will sing a song for you
    Don't be so hard on yourself
    Don't be so hard on yourself

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Consider this from PSYCHOLOGICAL TYPES, p 454:

" Just as Darwin might possibly represent the normal extraverted thinking type, so we might point to Kant as a counter-example of the normal introverted thinking type. The former speaks with facts; the latter appeals to the subjective factor. Darwin ranges over the wide fields of objective facts, while Kant restricts himself to a critique of knowledge in general. But suppose a Cuvier be contrasted with a Nietzsche: the antithesis becomes even sharper.
    The introverted thinking type is characterized by a priority of the thinking I have just described."

Jung obviously appealed to the subjective factor. But did his analyses range over the wide spectrum of thinking in general? Or did he focus deeper than that?

ISTP with strong Ni
    I really like cats and food.

WALMART

He self-identified ISTP. If he did ever postulate INTP, he was musing his own imperfections as a scientist.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by superunknown View Post
    He self-identified ISTP. If he did ever postulate INTP, he was musing his own imperfections as a scientist.
    No he didn't. Jung used the MBTI to type himself? Really, dog...

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    No he didn't. Jung used the MBTI to type himself? Really, dog...

So what say you? INTP?

I can't find any of the passages I read when I first got into typology, but he pretty heavily alludes to identifying with sensing and thinking, from what I recall.

Edit: read up, you say Ni-dom. I find it funny I am not alone in my perception of him self-identifying as ISTP. Coincidence, or is there supporting evidence somewhere?