User Tag List

First 123412 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 456

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    MBTI
    ZZZZ
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    dont listen to him, he doesent know what hes talking about and obviously havent read the book since his making that sort of statements.

    anyways, what do you mean by "authority on jung"?
    Is your first language English BTW, because I'm sensing maybe it isn't?

    To answer your question though:
    By authority I mean..
    Have you read Jung's books?
    Have you spent 100+hours on researching Jung?
    Have you wrote any articles on Jung?
    Have you had anything published on Jung?
    Do lot of people respect your opinions on Jung (more than 10)?

    etc.

    The more Yes'es to those sort of questions above, the more one is an authority on a topic. Does that make sense?

    I am not an authority on Jung, but I am a local authority (in the real world, within my community) at typing people and taking theory and applying it in the real world.

    I keep a spreadsheet of everyone's I've typed with 100% certainty. It has 80 entries in it. Each one laboriously discussed and dissected with an INTP and ENTJ in my discussion circle constructed over a period of a few years. Accuracy is highly prized vs quantity.

  2. #12
    Senior Member uncommonentity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    441

    Default

    I know I'm an INTJ but I don't have like a boner for my type or anything but based on like every INTP I know and have ever known they wouldn't be bothered to categorize people they'd of just led a happy life of being them with no weird systematic creations. Simply put, if this Jung bloke was INTP he wouldn't of been fucked to even bother imagining up a personality system. He'd of also likely died with it. Not to mention he was a fat, ugly motherfucker and INTPs be sexy, fashionable and scrawny.
    Veni, Vidi, Cessi.

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    MBTI
    ZZZZ
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uncommonentity View Post
    I know I'm an INTJ but I don't have like a boner for my type .
    The irony makes my head explode and you wouldn't go around parading like that if you were. You are not an INTJ uncommonentity, my very rough guess would be ISTP, but I haven't explored your post history.



    Before you launch into a big defence that you are and I'm not blah blah, just go read my post history here, and start adjusting to reality:

    http://personalitycafe.com/members/five.html

  4. #14
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    only book from jung that i have read full and multiple times is psychological types. but i have read multiple articles on journal of analytical psychology(jungian journal), definitions from jung lexicon, podcasts from jungian analyst(incase you are interested www.jungian.ca/jung-podcasts/ ), pretty much everything i can find about jung from internet(like those few documentaries and interviews on youtube and we talked bit of jung in our personality psychology class.

    i have spent way more than 100 hours reading jung, and even more on MBTI. i have let go on MBTI a bit after reading jung and seeing how much superior his theories are over MBTIs stereotypes, surface view and generalizations on typology. MBTI is like the dummy version from jungs typology.

    i havent wrote any articles on jung, but i have made several in depth walls of posts on this and two other forums. im kinda writing one long article on jung, but i dont have a computer atm(using phone atm) and i have to study other stuff for school atm.

    i dont know anyone irl who is interested on jung and hard to say how many people read/like my posts on forums. usually people dont oppose what i say, simply because there isnt many people into jung on this or other forums.

    you can find some posts i have written if you search my posts.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

  5. #15
    Senior Member King sns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    6,747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    only book from jung that i have read full and multiple times is psychological types. but i have read multiple articles on journal of analytical psychology(jungian journal), definitions from jung lexicon, podcasts from jungian analyst(incase you are interested www.jungian.ca/jung-podcasts/ ), pretty much everything i can find about jung from internet(like those few documentaries and interviews on youtube and we talked bit of jung in our personality psychology class.

    i have spent way more than 100 hours reading jung, and even more on MBTI. i have let go on MBTI a bit after reading jung and seeing how much superior his theories are over MBTIs stereotypes, surface view and generalizations on typology. MBTI is like the dummy version from jungs typology.

    i havent wrote any articles on jung, but i have made several in depth walls of posts on this and two other forums. im kinda writing one long article on jung, but i dont have a computer atm(using phone atm) and i have to study other stuff for school atm.

    i dont know anyone irl who is interested on jung and hard to say how many people read/like my posts on forums. usually people dont oppose what i say, simply because there isnt many people into jung on this or other forums.

    you can find some posts i have written if you search my posts.
    So what do you do in your other free time?
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

    My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

  6. #16
    Senior Member uncommonentity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    441

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by five View Post
    The irony makes my head explode and you wouldn't go around parading like that if you were. You are not an INTJ uncommonentity, my very rough guess would be ISTP, but I haven't explored your post history.



    Before you launch into a big defence that you are and I'm not blah blah, just go read my post history here, and start adjusting to reality:

    http://personalitycafe.com/members/five.html
    I refuse as I must continue my elaborate ruse mr certified genius sir rofl. You dun made a funny <3 ILY. You simply can't define anyone by their post history because it's their post history and they were in full control of writing it and not everything that is written can be proven as fact. Even this is manufactured and to assume it has basis is to assume I've given it a basis which is in itself is an absolutely ridiculous assumption.
    Veni, Vidi, Cessi.

  7. #17

    Default

    Carl Jung was all the MBTI types.

  8. #18
    pathwise dependent FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj
    Posts
    5,908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    lol. yes introverted thinking and feeling types are rational types, but not J. jung didnt use P/J types in his typology. MBTI doesent use rational/irrational type.

    jung types types with irrational dom as irrational types. MBTI types irrational introverted types as J.

    for jung its about dom function, for MBTI its about the extraverted function.

    you are confusing MBTI with socionics, in socionics J type = jung rational type, because socionics uses J/P, but makes the distinction based on dom function like jung.

    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myers-Briggs_Type_Indicator#Lifestyle:_judgment.2Fpercep tion_.28J.2FP.29

    learn the basics. and this isnt a matter of opinion. if you read the topic it says MBTI type...
    The correct distinction is based on the dominant function, because introverted J types fit the behavior and thinking style that Jung associated with Fi and Ti. So whatever MBTI defines, it's wrong.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    MBTI
    ZZZZ
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    only book from jung that i have read full and multiple times is psychological types. but i have read multiple articles on journal of analytical psychology(jungian journal), definitions from jung lexicon, podcasts from jungian analyst(incase you are interested www.jungian.ca/jung-podcasts/ ), pretty much everything i can find about jung from internet(like those few documentaries and interviews on youtube and we talked bit of jung in our personality psychology class.

    i have spent way more than 100 hours reading jung, and even more on MBTI. i have let go on MBTI a bit after reading jung and seeing how much superior his theories are over MBTIs stereotypes, surface view and generalizations on typology. MBTI is like the dummy version from jungs typology.

    i havent wrote any articles on jung, but i have made several in depth walls of posts on this and two other forums. im kinda writing one long article on jung, but i dont have a computer atm(using phone atm) and i have to study other stuff for school atm.

    i dont know anyone irl who is interested on jung and hard to say how many people read/like my posts on forums. usually people dont oppose what i say, simply because there isnt many people into jung on this or other forums.

    you can find some posts i have written if you search my posts.
    Ok that is fine. I respect and believe your knowledge on Jung.

    However how good is your typing now?
    How old are you?

    Furthermore I think anyone who has studied MBTI and Jung for a few years realises MBTI is just a simplification on Jung's work. It's popularism.

    That's fine but it's also very damn useful being able to box people into 16 types. Not only is it useful but it correlates quite nicely with reality

  10. #20
    Senior Member KDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,263

    Default

    INJ. I'll never guess F or T though.

Similar Threads

  1. What MBTI type was Jesus?
    By jixmixfix in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 07-10-2014, 10:44 AM
  2. [NT] Was Carl Jung an NT?
    By INTJ123 in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 143
    Last Post: 11-10-2012, 05:35 PM
  3. What Enneagram Type is Carl Jung?
    By highlander in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: 03-15-2012, 09:19 PM
  4. What MBTI type do you think is the hardest to be?
    By OrangeAppled in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 09-02-2010, 02:04 AM
  5. What MBTI type do you think is the EASIEST to be?
    By Such Irony in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-27-2010, 09:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO