User Tag List

First 4121314151624 Last

Results 131 to 140 of 456

  1. #131
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Since when does "having definite problems with feeling" equal "not Fe aux or dom"?

    I know plenty of F dom's and aux's who have definite problems with feeling.

    You're basing your interpretation on ungrounded assumptions that happen to support your desired interpretation.
    ...like he said, he made the description of his type so that the description is all that you need to diagnose his type. this means that he choose his words very wisely, so that there cant be any misconceptions if you understand how type TENDS to manifest in people

    Try paying more attention so that people dont have to explain every stupid detail for you. but knowing you, it propably wouldnt make any difference, because it looks like you have problems on combining these details unless it supports your own snap judgments about the subject.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

  2. #132
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    ...like he said, he made the description of his type so that the description is all that you need to diagnose his type. this means that he choose his words very wisely, so that there cant be any misconceptions if you understand how type TENDS to manifest in people
    Nothing you've said here (or anywhere in this thread) deals even with the critiques in my first post in this thread. Your argument is superseded.

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Try paying more attention so that people dont have to explain every stupid detail for you. but knowing you, it propably wouldnt make any difference, because it looks like you have problems on combining these details unless it supports your own snap judgments about the subject.


    Nice argument there.

    Should I respond with "I'm rubber, you're glue", just to make it official?

    Considering you're the one who is decidedly stuck on him being an INTP, and you greatly revere him, and would probably want him to be the same type as you (whether you would admit it or not), and I'm the one who has said I'm not sure what type he is, and have provided evidence pointing to at least three different potential types, and provided a far more detailed and nuanced analysis of the BBC interview in my first post than the extremely crude and simplistic "analysis" that you have provided, and given my personal order of likelihood for his type (with INTP coming in second), the basis of your entire argument is absurd.

  3. #133
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Nothing you've said here (or anywhere in this thread) deals even with the critiques in my first post in this thread. Your argument is superseded.





    Nice argument there.

    Should I respond with "I'm rubber, you're glue", just to make it official?

    Considering you're the one who is decidedly stuck on him being an INTP, and you greatly revere him, and would probably want him to be the same type as you (whether you would admit it or not), and I'm the one who has said I'm not sure, and have provided evidence pointing to at least three different types, and given my personal order of likelihood for his type (with INTP coming in second), the basis of your entire argument is absurd.
    UGALA BUGALA UGALA UGH
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

  4. #134
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    UGALA BUGALA UGALA UGH
    Exactly.

  5. #135
    Administrator highlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    17,896

    Default

    Interesting thread.

    "Well, you see, the type is nothing static, it changes with the course of life. But I most certainly was characterized by thinking, I always thought, from early childhood on, and I had a great deal of intuition, too. And, I had a definite difficulty with feeling. And my relationship to reality was not particularly brilliant. I was often at variance with the reality of things. Now that gives you all the necessary data for the diagnosis."

    Some thoughts:
    1. Would the father of typology (relatively speaking) list off their top two functions in the wrong order of preference?
    2. No Te user would ever write that way, so it rules out INTJ. Definite Ti user.
    3. If he was an INFJ, would he say that he had a definite difficult with feeling? Would he emphasize thinking and intuition?

    I mean, if I were a lawyer, I could argue anything. The simplest answer is usually the right one though. Seems INTP to me. Of course he could be wrong about his type and it could that others are correct. I interpreted his statements to mean INTP though.

    Maybe he was just trying to screw with people too.

    Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

    Tri-type 639

  6. #136
    Glycerine
    Guest

    Default

    Whenever I think of Jung, I think of the all mighty phallus.

    http://www.themystica.com/mystica/ar...lic_dream.html

    (The link might not be the best resource but it was also mentioned in my textbook. )

  7. #137
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Maybe he was just trying to screw with people too.
    That's a reasonably significant part of one of my possible takes on the video.

    Why not just be completely clear about it? It's not like it would've been difficult to do.

    "I'm an introverted thinker. My auxiliary is extroverted intuitition."

    Done. Two short sentences. No room for interpretation.

    Instead, every statement he makes is open for interpretation.

    And I could very well see Jung not wanting people to know his type.

  8. #138
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Exactly.
    I was just replying to you in similar way, that you reply to me
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

  9. #139
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    I was just replying to you in similar way, that you reply to me
    I'm sorry that your reading comprehension is so poor.

  10. #140
    Administrator highlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    17,896

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post

    Why not just be completely clear about it? It's not like it would've been difficult to do.

    "I'm an introverted thinker. My auxiliary is extroverted intuitition."

    Done. Two short sentences. No room for interpretation.
    That's Te. I think INTPs often talk in a more indirect and less definite manner.

    Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

    Tri-type 639

Similar Threads

  1. What MBTI type was Jesus?
    By jixmixfix in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 07-10-2014, 10:44 AM
  2. [NT] Was Carl Jung an NT?
    By INTJ123 in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 143
    Last Post: 11-10-2012, 05:35 PM
  3. What Enneagram Type is Carl Jung?
    By highlander in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: 03-15-2012, 09:19 PM
  4. What MBTI type do you think is the hardest to be?
    By OrangeAppled in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 09-02-2010, 02:04 AM
  5. What MBTI type do you think is the EASIEST to be?
    By Such Irony in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-27-2010, 09:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO