• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Elfboy's theory on the Light Worker, the Dark Worker and Objectivism

Seymour

Vaguely Precise
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
4,5 and 8 aren't true of him

I disagree with you on those, but it's not worth arguing since that still leaves six you agree with; according to the DSM you only need five to qualify for NPD.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I disagree with you on those, but it's not worth arguing since that still leaves six you agree with; according to the DSM you only need five to qualify for NPD.

I don't agree with the other 6, I just agree that the ones I mentioned are blatantly not true. as for the others, I'm not sure.

Seymour

Vaguely Precise
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't agree with the other 6, I just agree that the ones I mentioned are blatantly not true. as for the others, I'm not sure.

I guess what I'm trying to get at (since clearly your interpretations are different from mine) is do you think narcissists exist... or do you think they are just misunderstood Dark Workers?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Actually, I don't have to make the case about Trump, because others already have. For example, a point by point case for the diagnostic criteria (with Trump quotations) case is made here (and remember, you only need five of the nine diagnostic criteria). Mentions of Trump as a clear narcissist are here, here, here, here, here and many other places.

For the visually inclined, there is this:

Which is so over-idealized as to be laughable, complete with clouds parting behind trump's head in halo-like fashion. Other fun trump quotes:

"All of the women on*The Apprentice flirted with me - consciously or unconsciously. That's to be expected."

"If I run and if I win, this country will be respected again. I can tell you that."

"I think I probably have more experience of anybody [in the GOP field] — whether I sell them real estate for tremendous amounts of money. I mean, I've dealt with everybody. And by the way, I can tell you something else. I dealt with Gaddafi. I rented him a piece of land. He paid me more for one night than the land was worth for two years, and then I didn't let him use the land. That's what we should be doing. I don't want to use the word 'screwed,' but I screwed him."

On the White House's release of Obama's birth certificate: "Today I am very proud of myself because I have accomplished something that nobody else has been able to accomplish."

I find it hard to imagine someone more narcissistic (although it's perfectly possible to imagine someone equally narcissistic and less successful). If you don't see Trump as narcissistic, is there anyone you do?

I wonder if he thinks he's still good looking. Because he's really, really not.

Regarding picture: Paris Hilton's apartment is apparently filled with photographs of HERSELF.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I guess what I'm trying to get at (since clearly your interpretations are different from many) is do you think narcissists exist... or do you think they are just misunderstood Dark Workers?

no, they do exist, it's just that they're misdiagnosed about as much as ADD. whenever there is a flamboyant, stylish person with a cocky personality and high self confidence, people immediately jump to "he's a narcissist!"

Seymour

Vaguely Precise
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I wonder if he thinks he's still good looking. Because he's really, really not.

Regarding picture: Paris Hilton's apartment is apparently filled with photographs of HERSELF.

Yeah, I think she's the other "successful" exemplar of over the top narcissism in pop culture. She doesn't even have the excuse of making her own fortune.

Not that Trump's fortune was entirely self-made, either. And his repeated financial troubles and bankrupts are typical for a narcissist's lack of caution.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah, I think she's the other "successful" exemplar of over the top narcissism in pop culture. She doesn't even have the excuse of making her own fortune.

Also note: Donald Trump hasn't been good looking IN A LONG LONG TIME. In fact, I don't ever remember him being handsome at all. I'm just referring to that painting, which may have been done decades ago.

K...that portrait was probably painted in the early to mid 80's as far as I can tell:

241-1.jpg

The years have not been kind. And neither has he.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
OOOOH OooH...it's like the Portrait of Dorian Gray! Where the good looking man starts to look like what he looks like on the inside!

Thunderbringer

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
This "system" seems like a watered down version of the DnD alignments.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This "system" seems like a watered down version of the DnD alignments.

they actually are similar, except the correlations aren't necessarily
evil and darkworker
or
good and lightworker

it's more

lawful and lightworker
and
chaotic and darkworker

some examples of heroic darkworkers are

- Zorro from the Mask of Zorro (both of them, but the older Zorro was more polarized)
- Han Solo
- Lloyd Irving (Tales of Symphonia)
- Zelos (Tales of Symphonia) not as polarized as Lloyd though
- Lelouch vi Britannia (Code Geass) his actions and goals are very lightworker-ish, but the motivation behind them is darkworker. Lelouch does what he wants to, but he feels no obligation to serve others. Suzaku on the other hand is a lightworker, motivated by duty and service. Lelouch has reached the highest levels of darkworker
- Kamina (Gurren Lagann)
- Keaton (Gurren Lagann)
- Crim (.hack//sign)
- Kurama (Yu Yu Hakusho) he doesn't look like it much of the time, but he is VERY darkworker

Thunderbringer

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
So basically a "heroic darkworker" is just a chaotic good character? Like I said, watered down alignment system.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So basically a "heroic darkworker" is just a chaotic good character? Like I said, watered down alignment system.

it's not a direct correlation, but they certainly are similar. darkworker/lightworker is about motivation. life's is a battle. not polarizing to either a lightworker or a darkworker is like switching back and forth fighting for 2 opposing armies

KDude

Some people choose to do absolutely nothing in particular, consider work only a necessary evil, don't have either altruistic motivations or particularly selfish, and only make choices when a situation demands it. And then they die in old age.. or wake up one morning, decide they want to go to an airshow, and then get chopped in half by a crashing P-51.

In fact, this is a great deal of the human race. Insignificant goals, insignificant lives, and for the most part, a senseless death.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Some people choose to do absolutely nothing in particular, consider work only a necessary evil, don't have either altruistic motivations or particularly selfish, and only make choices when a situation demands it. And then they die in old age.. or wake up one morning, decide they want to go to an airshow, and then get chopped in half by a crashing P-51.
In fact, this is a great deal of the human race. Insignificant goals, insignificant lives, and for the most part, a senseless death.

that's exactly my point. most people live pathetic lives because they either lack motivation or don't focus their motivation on 1 thing. all of the great achievers of the human race were either in it for the better of humanity or for themselves, with clear priorities as to which was more important

KDude

that's exactly my point. most people live pathetic lives because they either lack motivation or don't focus their motivation on 1 thing. all of the great achievers of the human race were either in it for the better of humanity or for themselves, with clear priorities as to which was more important

Sometimes pathetic lives aren't even our choice. Some people are born deformed, retarded, depressed, extremely poor, etc.. Some lose their professions and livelihood.. and even just get violently killed..for no reason whatsoever. Great achievers, on the level you're talking about, are a huge exception to the rule - and even then, few are remembered anyways. And the ones that are remembered get their history and contribution distorted. You mention MLK Jr. - but hardly anyone actually reads about him. And relatively few care to listen to the ones who do. People would rather just claim his name for whatever random cause of their own. As time goes on, it gets even more ridiculous - look at Thomas Jefferson, for example. He's every patriotic American's best friend. Or better yet, Jesus of Nazareth.

I should probably offer something positive here, but I'm not sure what atm.