User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Results 61 to 70 of 95

  1. #61
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Sometimes pathetic lives aren't even our choice. Some people are born deformed, retarded, depressed, extremely poor, etc.. Some lose their professions and livelihood.. and even just get violently killed..for no reason whatsoever. Great achievers, on the level you're talking about, are a huge exception to the rule - and even then, few are remembered anyways. And the ones that are remembered get their history and contribution distorted. You mention MLK Jr. - but hardly anyone actually reads about him. And relatively few care to listen to the ones who do. People would rather just claim his name for whatever random cause of their own. As time goes on, it gets even more ridiculous - look at Thomas Jefferson, for example. He's every patriotic American's best friend. Or better yet, Jesus of Nazareth.

    I should probably offer something positive here, but I'm not sure what atm.
    - people who lose their livelihood can get another job
    - depressed people can take medication, go through therapy or
    - poor people can become successful if they're motivated enough and willing to do what it takes to succeed
    people need to take responsibility for their lives. retarded and deformed people are a different story, but the 3 things above are under the control of the individual. everyone has problems in life, it doesn't mean they have to stay that way. I'm not directing this at you personally, but if people are too weak to solve their own problems, they deserve to suffer.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  2. #62
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Why, then, do you not theorize yourself into the role of a royal prince? Clearly that would motivate the hell out of you.
    I DO treat myself like royalty I may not be the most successful, the most intelligent or the most sexually attractive person in the world, but I love myself unconditionally and will always treat myself well (usually I treat others well too, but that's a different topic). just because other people are ashamed of being alive and need the outside world to justify their existence doesn't mean I need do
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  3. #63
    Senior Member Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    I DO treat myself like royalty I may not be the most successful, the most intelligent or the most sexually attractive person in the world, but I love myself unconditionally and will always treat myself well (usually I treat others well too, but that's a different topic). just because other people are ashamed of being alive and need the outside world to justify their existence doesn't mean I need do
    So you want to motivate others - competitors, that is?

  4. #64
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    So you want to motivate others - competitors, that is?
    it's not on my top priority list, but yes, I do enjoy motivating and encouraging people. iron sharpens iron as the saying goes
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  5. #65
    libtard SJW chickpea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,960

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    - people who lose their livelihood can get another job
    - depressed people can take medication, go through therapy or
    - poor people can become successful if they're motivated enough and willing to do what it takes to succeed
    people need to take responsibility for their lives. retarded and deformed people are a different story, but the 3 things above are under the control of the individual. everyone has problems in life, it doesn't mean they have to stay that way. I'm not directing this at you personally, but if people are too weak to solve their own problems, they deserve to suffer.
    you're so naive.

  6. #66
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    you're so naive.
    I'm naive because I believe in personal responsibility? don't be ridiculous. the world is not this big communal family that I have a responsibility to take care of. it's full of grown adults who should be able to deal with their own problems and take responsibility for their own actions. I'm not naive at all, it's called stoicism. are you saying you want me to become nihilistic and spend my time feelings guilty for children in Africa? do that if you want. but I'd like to enjoy my life. you should try providing some actual evidence or reasons behinds your accusations and insults as opposed to resorting 100% to ad hominem. -sigh- silly F doms
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  7. #67
    libtard SJW chickpea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,960

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    I'm naive because I believe in personal responsibility? don't be ridiculous. the world is not this big communal family that I have a responsibility to take care of. it's full of grown adults who should be able to deal with their own problems and take responsibility for their own actions. I'm not naive at all, it's called stoicism. are you saying you want me to become nihilistic and spend my time feelings guilty for children in Africa? do that if you want. but I'd like to enjoy my life. you should try providing some actual evidence or reasons behinds your accusations and insults as opposed to resorting 100% to ad hominem. -sigh- silly F doms
    silly ne-doms, you just got a paragraph out of my one sentence and completely misinterpreted what i meant. you're naive because you say things like "people who lose their livelihood can get another job" and "poor people can become successful if they're motivated enough and willing to do what it takes to succeed" when you have no idea what you're talking about. as far as i can tell, you've lived a pretty sheltered and privileged life and don't understand that for a lot of people it's not that simple. i wasn't asking you to help anyone, or even give a fuck. do you. just don't make stupid, misinformed assumptions that all people in bad situations are just lazy or not trying hard enough and expect nobody to call you out on it.

  8. #68
    Senior Member Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    are you saying you want me to become nihilistic and spend my time feeling[s] guilty for children in Africa?
    This combination is new to me. Where do you see the connection?

  9. #69
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    silly ne-doms, you just got a paragraph out of my one sentence and completely misinterpreted what i meant. you're naive because you say things like "people who lose their livelihood can get another job" and "poor people can become successful if they're motivated enough and willing to do what it takes to succeed" when you have no idea what you're talking about. as far as i can tell, you've lived a pretty sheltered and privileged life and don't understand that for a lot of people it's not that simple. i wasn't asking you to help anyone, or even give a fuck. do you. just don't make stupid, misinformed assumptions that all people in bad situations are just lazy or not trying hard enough and expect nobody to call you out on it.
    it's not as hard as people make it out to be. all you have to do if you are unemployed is move to a city with a better job market and find a job there. I'm doing so right now because the city I live in is a jobless pit and a $30,000 a year job is considered high pay for someone with a master's degree. if I can do it, why can't someone else? okay, you're right, I've never been poor, but that doesn't make me naive.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  10. #70
    libtard SJW chickpea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,960

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    it's not as hard as people make it out to be. all you have to do if you are unemployed is move to a city with a better job market and find a job there. I'm doing so right now because the city I live in is a jobless pit and a $30,000 a year job is considered high pay for someone with a master's degree. if I can do it, why can't someone else? okay, you're right, I've never been poor, but that doesn't make me naive.
    because not everybody has the ability to just get up and leave where they are. you're still just putting this into the context of someone like you who has opportunities like that. a lot of people are born into poverty, their whole family is in poverty, they're born in one place and stay there their whole life because that's how it is and it's all they know. they can't uproot their lives, because they don't have the resources to do so, and everything/everyone they know is in the same place. you're not naive because you've never been poor, you're naive because you're blind to how being poor affects people. and you have no authority to speak on "it's not as hard as people make it out to be," because you've never experienced it or probably even seen it firsthand.

Similar Threads

  1. Ddosing the daily stormer on the dark web
    By LovecraftianMonstrosity in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 09-24-2017, 11:37 AM
  2. Stephen King's The Dark Tower gets the green light from on high
    By swordpath in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-05-2017, 09:17 AM
  3. Type yourself based on the internet stereotypes and see how laughable it is.
    By Kensei in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-18-2015, 10:13 AM
  4. New theory of mine on the cognitive functions
    By BlackCat in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-23-2009, 11:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO