User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 95

  1. #21
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    that wasn't really my point, I'm actually advocating the opposite. it's about motivation. pick a side. accomplishing something great requires being motivated to either a) make the world a better place or b) pursue your own self interests first. everyone has both, but to be motivated, you must know which one is higher priority. motivation is the source of power, power which can be used to help yourself or others, which is why the end result of a light worker and dark worker are kind of similar and after a point it is possible to pursue both effectively
    I never said that there aren't good and evil, I said that it is not directly correlated with light worker/dark worker.
    Ok.


    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    no, it's only loosely correlated with enneagram and somewhat with MBTI.
    Light Worker: SJs, NFs, 1s, 2s, 9s, Social Instinct
    Dark Worker: SPs, NTs, 3s, 7s, 8s, Self Preservation Instinct

    Martin Luther King Jr for example is an 8w9 Light Worker (as is Mufasa from the Lion King). George Lucas is a 9w1 dark worker
    What if I told you I know an SJ 9 sx/so who understands and believes in the concept of pursuing his own interests first, but also isn't really dark, and still cares about certain issues.

    It doesn't really align with your theory that only Dark Workers think of themselves first. It would seem that Dark Workers think of themselves *only*...which is kind of an insult to SPs, NTs, et al.

  2. #22
    Vaguely Precise Seymour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so
    Posts
    1,565

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    Donald Trump isn't a narcissist, he's just a cocky 8w7. that's how they role
    50 Cent is one of the most grounded people in the entertainment industry
    Trump is kind of the definitive example of a successful narcissist (along with Paris Hilton). In what sense is he not a narcissist?

    50 Cent I know less about, but he is big on taking credit for things. Some of that may well be wrapper posturing.

  3. #23
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    What if I told you I know an SJ 9 sx/so who understands and believes in the concept of pursuing his own interests first, but also isn't really dark, and still cares about certain issues.

    It doesn't really align with your theory that only Dark Workers think of themselves first. It would seem that Dark Workers think of themselves *only*...which is kind of an insult to SPs, NTs, et al.
    I would say that you didn't understand me correctly. the SJ 9 Sx/So you mentioned is indeed a dark worker. dark worker do not ONLY think of themselves, they think of themselves first. their main agenda/goal is to get their desires met. dark workers are not bad people, society simply makes them out to be much of the time
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  4. #24
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seymour View Post
    Trump is kind of the definitive example of a successful narcissist (along with Paris Hilton). In what sense is he not a narcissist?

    50 Cent I know less about, but he is big on taking credit for things. Some of that may well be wrapper posturing.
    you're the one making the accusation in this case, thus, I'd like to see your evidence than he is a narcissist. until then, I think it's a little unfair to say he is a narcissist without some sort of backing
    as to 50 cent, taking credit for things =/= narcissist. if that were the case, just about all 3s by definition would be narcissists he worked his way out of the friggin ghetto and became a billionaire rapper and entrepreneur. I think he deserves to take credit if he wants it
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  5. #25
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seymour View Post
    Trump is kind of the definitive example of a successful narcissist (along with Paris Hilton). In what sense is he not a narcissist?

    50 Cent I know less about, but he is big on taking credit for things. Some of that may well be wrapper posturing.
    you're the one making the accusation in this case, thus, I'd like to see your evidence than he is a narcissist. until then, I think it's a little unfair to say he is a narcissist without some sort of backing
    as to 50 cent, taking credit for things =/= narcissist. if that were the case, just about all 3s by definition would be narcissists he worked his way out of the friggin ghetto and became a billionaire rapper and entrepreneur. I think he deserves to take credit if he wants it
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  6. #26
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    I would say that you didn't understand me correctly. the SJ 9 Sx/So you mentioned is indeed a dark worker. dark worker do not ONLY think of themselves, they think of themselves first. their main agenda/goal is to get their desires met. dark workers are not bad people, society simply makes them out to be much of the time
    I would think that anyone who isn't a doormat would think of themselves first.

    Of course, I base this on the tactical principle that you can't give anything to anyone else if you don't have enough for yourself.

    If I have xyz, I can help my family and friends, give to charity, blah blah blah. If I get enough sleep and have enough to eat, I can be more patient with other people.

    I just don't think that all of those Light Workers never thought of themselves. You sure Ron Paul didn't make sure he had his own first? It's kind of hard to be in the position he's in without making sure your own is taken care of first.

    Then there are people like Mother Theresa who take a vow of poverty, or Ghandi who starved himself. I would agree those people are completely selfless.

    But I think the lines between light and dark could blur, and that most of the dark examples you gave were too extreme if you only mean they just take care of themselves first.

  7. #27
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    the SJ 9 Sx/So you mentioned is indeed a dark worker
    many people on the internetz would agree

  8. #28
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I would think that anyone who isn't a doormat would think of themselves first.
    Of course, I base this on the tactical principle that you can't give anything to anyone else if you don't have enough for yourself.
    If I have xyz, I can help my family and friends, give to charity, blah blah blah. If I get enough sleep and have enough to eat, I can be more patient with other people.
    I just don't think that all of those Light Workers never thought of themselves. You sure Ron Paul didn't make sure he had his own first? It's kind of hard to be in the position he's in without making sure your own is taken care of first.
    Then there are people like Mother Theresa who take a vow of poverty, or Ghandi who starved himself. I would agree those people are completely selfless.
    But I think the lines between light and dark could blur, and that most of the dark examples you gave were too extreme if you only mean they just take care of themselves first.
    you're still missing my point, it's about priorities. most people are wishy washy about whether they want to help others more or help themselves more. this keeps them from being strongly motivated and accomplishing a lot. of course, if one doesn't want to accomplish a lot, there is no need to prioritize.
    Edit: I don't know what it's like where you live, but I sure know a lot more doormats IRL than assertive people, and most of the true light workers I know aren't doormats either. I again use Dr. Martin Luther King as an example. not one ounce of doormat in him
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  9. #29
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    you're still missing my point, it's about priorities. most people are wishy washy about whether they want to help others more or help themselves more. this keeps them from being strongly motivated and accomplishing a lot. of course, if one doesn't want to accomplish a lot, there is no need to prioritize.
    Oh wow I get it.

    I get it now.

    Thanks for explaining. It makes a LOT of sense.

  10. #30
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Oh wow I get it.
    I get it now.
    Thanks for explaining. It makes a LOT of sense.
    are you being sarcastic? (not trying to sound mean. I seriously can't tell lol)
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Similar Threads

  1. Ddosing the daily stormer on the dark web
    By LovecraftianMonstrosity in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 09-24-2017, 11:37 AM
  2. Stephen King's The Dark Tower gets the green light from on high
    By swordpath in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-05-2017, 09:17 AM
  3. Type yourself based on the internet stereotypes and see how laughable it is.
    By Kensei in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-18-2015, 10:13 AM
  4. New theory of mine on the cognitive functions
    By BlackCat in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-23-2009, 11:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO