User Tag List

12 Last

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

Default please, please, please *sigh* help me type my lab partner

He is big into sports,baseball and football. likes getting things done quick. he figures things out by trial and error. very talkative. loves being right, though he is not always right. likes doing things his own way. he is a pack animal, he likes hanging around a certain group of guys. he tries to lift himself as the alpha male in his group. rides a motor cycle. he argued with a guy with someone who had a handicap and really hammered him.

here is more stuff, he has a relationship. based off things he said and observed.
    in his relationship, he will make a big fuss when he is in pain but when his mate is, she is just being overly sensitive and an problem to him. he takes care of himself and focuses on the simple things but the wife works and takes care of everything else. he commands things to be done.

thoughts on his type?

ENTJ? Estj?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4/9
    Socionics
    ???

probably either ESTJ or ESTP.
    The part that makes me consider he's a P is when you said that he likes to get things done quickly and does things by trial and error. Also, I know from experience how ruthlessly insensitive some people who have Ti as one of their dominant functions can be, and could explain why he would debate an win an unfair fight with someone who is disabled. Perhaps he doesn't really take their handicap into consideration and considers it some kind of excuse which would probably indicate Ni.
    So, I'm leaning towards ESTP.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    3w2 sx/so

This wasn't on your list of options but…ESTP? It's a stereotype that ESTPs are into really physical things, I know, but you also said that he likes to figure things out by trial and error which sounds like a perceiver-trait. So, I'd probably rule any ExxJ types out.

Theoretically, he might make a big fuss about pain because it affects his senses and his sense of his body (important to Se-Ti?). But it might be difficult to empathise with other people's pain. Working from the theoretical angle, too…when you say 'simple'…what do you mean? From the sounds of it, ESTPs like to work with tangible things; things in front of them. Is that what you mean?

Disclaimer: Only seen ESTPs from afar and stalked some of their forums! All wild guesses.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I don't know what a "pack animal" is, or how you became an insp, but your description sounds like an ESTP.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

He's pretty obviously an xSTP and probably ESTP based on that extremely negative description (you obviously hate the guy, lol).
    -end of thread-

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    He's pretty obviously an xSTP and probably ESTP based on that extremely negative description (you obviously hate the guy, lol).
    No, I m very mixed in terms of feelings. He is very different. an Alien to me. we are different. he stares at me, I him and we repel.

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    I don't know what a "pack animal" is, or how you became an insp, but your description sounds like an ESTP.
    Im not sure what my type is.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by yakimadude View Post
    Im not sure what my type is.
    There's all kinds of ways to sort that out. Tertiary analysis, function testing, even the FD33.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    There's all kinds of ways to sort that out. Tertiary analysis, function testing, even the FD33.
    what is the Fd33?