User Tag List

123 Last

Default Cognitive Function Quotes

I though of an idea to find quotes that fit each of the cognitive functions. Here's what I came up with:

Se
    “I live a day at a time. Each day I look for a kernel of excitement. In the morning I say: "What is my exciting thing for today?" Then, I do the day. Don't ask me about tomorrow.” – Barbara Jordan

Si
    “A smile happens in a flash, but its memory can last a lifetime.”

Ne
    “Creativity is the power to connect the seemingly unconnected.” – William Polmer

“I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.” – Albert Einstein

Ni
    “There is no logical way to the discovery of these elemental laws. There is only the way of intuition, which is helped by a feeling for the order lying behind the appearance.” – Albert Einstein

Te
    “Science, at bottom, is really anti-intellectual. It always distrusts pure reason, and demands the production of objective fact.” – Henry Louis Menckin

Ti
    “If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts.” – Albert Einstein

“A finely tempered nature longs to escape from the personal life into the world of objective perception and thought.” – Albert Einstein

Fe
    “The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in.” – Morrie Schwartz

Fi
    “Be yourself. Above all, let who you are, what you are, what you believe, shine through every sentence you write, every piece you finish.” – John Jakes

“More important than innate disposition, objective experience, and environment is the subjective evaluation of these. Furthermore, this evaluation stands in a certain, often strange, relation to reality.” – Alfred Adler

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by RevlisZero View Post

Ti
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Ti: Why?
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Cool idea

Ni
    "Ordinary people fancy they see something rigid, complete and permanent; in truth, however, light and dark, bitter and sweet are attached to each other and interlocked at any given moment like wrestlers of whom sometimes the one, sometimes the other is on top."

-Friedrich Nietzsche

Actually, I wonder if this could be more Ne, looking at things in different ways. Maybe it's a combination of Ne and Ti. I thought it might fit Ti because Ti users like things to fit into a system or theory, and in contrast to Te users, they may not necessarily discard their theory immediately if they find some facts that don't fit. Ti tends to leave plenty of room for various possibilities and prefers to have all the facts before making a final decision. Thus if you have a theory, and then a few new facts are introduced that don't fit the theory, the Ti user would prefer to wait until more facts are introduced in order to get the whole picture before abandoning the old theory completely. It's not really "change the facts", it's more like "reinterpret the facts" or "look for new facts". That's just my interpretation, anyway.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Se: "I want to live and I want to love; I want to catch something that I might be ashamed of." - Morrissey

Ni: "The future enters into us, in order to transform itself in us, long before it happens." - Rainer Maria Rilke

Fi: "I love you as certain dark things are to be loved, in secret, between the shadow and the soul." - Pablo Neruda
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    Cool idea

Ni
    "Ordinary people fancy they see something rigid, complete and permanent; in truth, however, light and dark, bitter and sweet are attached to each other and interlocked at any given moment like wrestlers of whom sometimes the one, sometimes the other is on top."

-Friedrich Nietzsche

Jung typed him as introverted thinking type later, in some earlier writings he mistyped him as introverted intuitive.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Fe: We allow our ignorance to prevail upon us and make us think we can survive alone, alone in patches, alone in groups, alone in races, even alone in genders. -Maya Angelou

Ni: As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being. -Carl Jung

Fi: Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy. -J. K. Rowling

Ti: The unexamined life is not worth living. -Socrates

Ne: You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, "Why not?" -George Bernard Shaw

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Jung typed him as introverted thinking type later, in some earlier writings he mistyped him as introverted intuitive.
    Well the specific quote itself is Ni for the most part; also I've read Nietzsche before and he seems to me to be an INTJ.

MBTI
    IsFJ

Fe:

"We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection. The mystic chords of memory, stretching from every battlefield and patriot grave to every living heart and hearthstone all over this broad land, will yet swell the chorus of the Union when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature." - Abraham Lincoln, First Inaugural Address

Ti:

"All of science is nothing more than the refinement of everyday thinking." - Albert Einstein, "Physics and Reality"