• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is Personality Page Crap?

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've also noticed Marmie and Jaguar following each other around the forum like two dogs sniffing behind each other's tails. They are just 'on patrol' for posts to be disagreeable about. That's a type 6 trait.

Yeah, I'm renowned for that type of behaviour. Cheers.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, I'm renowned for that type of behaviour. Cheers.

Sp-dom with So at the bottom of the stack, and 6w5, probably not so much of that type of behavior. 6w5 is the more independent wing of the type 6.

It's just that SOOOO many people were mistyped on that test, not just myself. That is my observation. That thread became almost like a joke at one point.

They always do, especially when you and your vent tard buddies start trolling it.

Let's see if SOOOOO many were mistyped on that test.

Marmie Dearest, "It's very close." (Listed ENFP as type at the time but scored slightly higher on T versus F.)
Skylights, "Good job, test."
LunaLuminosity, "I'm surprised at the high thinking and low feeling score." (but lists XNtP as type)
Huxley3112, "I didn't think it was hard to understand." Scored N-F-T-S and lists eNfP as type.
prplchknz, "I didn't like that test most of the answers didn't fit or all of them fitted" (lists INFP as type but scored high T on the test)
CuriousFeeling, "Surprised my "feeling" score was low on this one." (Lists INFJ as type but did not happen to mention the N score.)
bologna, "I like the style of questioning that seems to halfway attempt to reach out to particular experiences--it's much more relatable and a bit easier to answer more definitively that way."
The_World_As_Will, "Disagree but w/e ..."
Jennifer, "nice... picked up the iNtp pretty nicely there." (lists iNtP as type)
Beargryllz, "I like the test."
ajblaise, "I like how they worded the questions.. but I question my damn sensing score! *is ashamed*" (lists INTP as type, but sensing was even with intuition on the test)
ThatGirl, "I at least appreciated the original wording on this one." (lists ESTj, but scored higher N)
amazingdatagirl, "I like the F/D nomenclature - it seems to address some of inconsistencies that I have experienced in attempting to pin down my own typing." (lists INTP as type, but scored an N dominant which agrees with the FD33 theory.)
Jonnyboy, scored INTP according to listed type, but with an N dominant which agrees with the FD33 theory.
DisneyGeek, "BAHAHAHA!!! Though I will admit... I didn't understand quite a bit of the questions and had no stance on a bunch of them."
INTP, "i wish who ever made this test learned the basics of psychological research" (either did not take the test or didn't reveal his results)
FakePlasticAlice, "that really doesn't seem right." lists INFJ as type but scored 3 times higher on T than on F.
Polaris, "These are slightly weird results" lists INFJ as type and scored highest on N according to traditional MBTI.
Chiharu, "that annoying and somewhat condescending-sounding quiz told me NOTHING." The test agreed 100% with his listed type.
NegativeZero, "Interesting test, but my hunch is that it makes an effort to distort (or in some cases, balance) T/F." scored 100% agreement with his listed type of INFP.
JocktheMotie, "What a great name for a test. Was this guy the creator?" Lists socionics iee [ENFP] as type and scored evenly high on T and N.
Entropie, scored n-t-f-s and lists ENTP as type, which accords with theory.

I don't see SOOOOOOOOO much disagreement. Is this why I have Marmie's posts blocked, because of the constant annoying whining, false complaints, false accusations, and exaggerations?

ItsAlwaysSunny

MBTI Type
IDK
[MENTION=13589]mal12345[/MENTION]

I don't want to interrupt the fight, but what test are you guys talking about? and can I have a link to it?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Sp-dom with So at the bottom of the stack, and 6w5, probably not so much of that type of behavior. 6w5 is the more independent wing of the type 6.

They always do, especially when you and your vent tard buddies start trolling it.

Let's see if SOOOOO many were mistyped on that test.

Marmie Dearest, "It's very close." (Listed ENFP as type at the time but scored slightly higher on T versus F.)
Skylights, "Good job, test."
LunaLuminosity, "I'm surprised at the high thinking and low feeling score." (but lists XNtP as type)
Huxley3112, "I didn't think it was hard to understand." Scored N-F-T-S and lists eNfP as type.
prplchknz, "I didn't like that test most of the answers didn't fit or all of them fitted" (lists INFP as type but scored high T on the test)
CuriousFeeling, "Surprised my "feeling" score was low on this one." (Lists INFJ as type but did not happen to mention the N score.)
bologna, "I like the style of questioning that seems to halfway attempt to reach out to particular experiences--it's much more relatable and a bit easier to answer more definitively that way."
The_World_As_Will, "Disagree but w/e ..."
Jennifer, "nice... picked up the iNtp pretty nicely there." (lists iNtP as type)
Beargryllz, "I like the test."
ajblaise, "I like how they worded the questions.. but I question my damn sensing score! *is ashamed*" (lists INTP as type, but sensing was even with intuition on the test)
ThatGirl, "I at least appreciated the original wording on this one." (lists ESTj, but scored higher N)
amazingdatagirl, "I like the F/D nomenclature - it seems to address some of inconsistencies that I have experienced in attempting to pin down my own typing." (lists INTP as type, but scored an N dominant which agrees with the FD33 theory.)
Jonnyboy, scored INTP according to listed type, but with an N dominant which agrees with the FD33 theory.
DisneyGeek, "BAHAHAHA!!! Though I will admit... I didn't understand quite a bit of the questions and had no stance on a bunch of them."
INTP, "i wish who ever made this test learned the basics of psychological research" (either did not take the test or didn't reveal his results)
FakePlasticAlice, "that really doesn't seem right." lists INFJ as type but scored 3 times higher on T than on F.
Polaris, "These are slightly weird results" lists INFJ as type and scored highest on N according to traditional MBTI.
Chiharu, "that annoying and somewhat condescending-sounding quiz told me NOTHING." The test agreed 100% with his listed type.
NegativeZero, "Interesting test, but my hunch is that it makes an effort to distort (or in some cases, balance) T/F." scored 100% agreement with his listed type of INFP.
JocktheMotie, "What a great name for a test. Was this guy the creator?" Lists socionics iee [ENFP] as type and scored evenly high on T and N.
Entropie, scored n-t-f-s and lists ENTP as type, which accords with theory.

I don't see SOOOOOOOOO much disagreement. Is this why I have Marmie's posts blocked, because of the constant annoying whining, false complaints, false accusations, and exaggerations?

Mal, this is the last thing I'm ever going to say to you, but it doesn't seem very "Rational" of you to get so butthurt every time someone disagrees with one of your pet theories. And this story you've made up about me and my "vent buddies" intentionally trolling your thread is entirely imaginary. I don't even go on vent that much anymore.

I'm also not sure why you talk about me or to me so much if you supposedly have me on ignore?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Here are some test results from 2007 on the FD33,

Shimpei, S-F-T-N, lists ISFJ as type.
Heart, scored about the same as Marmie, they could be the same person.
Sahara, f-n-t-s, lists INFP as type.
Sona, t-s-n-f, lists ISTJ as type.
Natrushka, scored INTJ and lists INTJ as type. ("quel surprise.")
Jennifer, four years ago scored precisely the same, with N preferred over T.
Llenyd, score agreed with traditional MBTI.
ptgatsby, score agreed with traditional MBTI. ("aha!")
The Ü, "It got me in the right category."
Dark Razor, didn't agree with N/S score, but T was in agreement with traditional MBTI.
runvardh, scored "as usual..."
cafe, scored according to listed type.
Randomnity, scored according to listed type.
The_Liquid_Laser, scored according to listed type.
Trystorp, scored according to listed type.
"?", high T score was in agreement with traditional MBTI, the auxillaries were even.
PuddleRiver, scored according to listed type.
niffer, scored according to listed type.
Varelse, an INTJ who scored traditionally high on the N scale with T auxilliary.
Kaveri, an INFP who scored non-traditionally high on the N scale with F auxilliary. ("This test's point of view is refreshing.")
lastrailway, is concerned with his inferior type score for some reason, but his dom and aux score agreed with type.
Lateralus, agreed with his N dom result but not his auxilliary score on the test.
TaylorS, score didn't match with listed MBTI on the Dom function.
sofmarhof, lists as INTP but non-traditionally scored with N dominant over T.
One Day, lists as INFP but non-traditionally scored with N dominant over F.
Polaris, score matched traditional MBTI.
Matthew_Z, was impressed that the test score agreed with his borderline N/S type.
BlackCat, test result agreed with listed type ("cool test.")
BlahBlahNounBlah, test result agreed with listed type ("I liked that test!")

Need I go on?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Mal, this is the last thing I'm ever going to say to you, but it doesn't seem very "Rational" of you to get so butthurt every time someone disagrees with one of your pet theories. And this story you've made up about me and my "vent buddies" intentionally trolling your thread is entirely imaginary. I don't even go on vent that much anymore.

I'm also not sure why you talk about me or to me so much if you supposedly have me on ignore?

Because you find my Sx-dom so irresistible, and I don't want to torture you.

Jaguar

Lateralus, agreed with his T dom result but not his auxilliary score on the test.

An ENFP who now claims to be ENTJ. What else is new?
Test results are only a snapshot of a particular time frame. That's it.

I'm ENFP, but according to this, I'm ENTP or ENTJ (I'm not an introvert). I'm not really surprised.

intuiting =12
sensing =6
feeling =8
thinking =11
N-F-T-S = iNfj, iNfp, eNfp, eNfj
N-T-F-S = iNtj, iNtp, eNtp, eNtj

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
An ENFP who now claims to be ENTJ. What else is new?
Test results are only a snapshot of a particular time frame. That's it.

Fixed!

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Snake oil.

No, I had put a T instead of N on that one. But it's still the Dom that tested correctly and the Aux he disagreed with.

Jaguar

No, I had put a T instead of N on that one. But it's still the Dom that tested correctly and the Aux he disagreed with.

You just don't get it, do you. It doesn't matter what the Fudjack results were on a single day. They change.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I always hold opinions to myself, people never understand me if I'd try to explain them :D.

OMG me too!

I think we both know what this means...... we must both be ISFP :hifive:

Oh but that Fudjack-Dillrinker test is crap...it totally mistypes people. If I'm an ENTP, then the sky is falling.

Yes, the day that Entropie becomes ISFP, you become ENTP, and I become certain of my type, I am not leaving my home for fear of falling sky debris....

Think... Harry Potter. My favorite ISFP. :D He stood up for things that were important. We're not the type to go around jumping into debates with people.

I think of Harry Potter too when trying to understand ISFPs :D He doesn't go around finding things to challenge, but when he falls into a situation that calls for his judgement and action, he is very bold and challenging towards it in order to do what is right. It's more of that style rather than being clearly challenging or clearly passive.

I don't see SOOOOOOOOO much disagreement.

Maybe with a little less 'O's.... there was disagreement, and my impression from what is listed there and stated on the thread is that there was a lot of it. I said I was surprised at the strong T/F divide because I think I am very close on the T/F scale as well as the I/E scale, and I can't reach my arms out around the forum without reaching someone who thinks I am NF instead. But also because of my infamous type uncertainty, I withhold much of my further judgement about this :tongue:

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Maybe with a little less 'O's.... there was disagreement, and my impression from what is listed there and stated on the thread is that there was a lot of it. I said I was surprised at the strong T/F divide because I think I am very close on the T/F scale as well as the I/E scale, and I can't reach my arms out around the forum without reaching someone who thinks I am NF instead. But also because of my infamous type uncertainty, I withhold much of my further judgement about this :tongue:

The MBTI only claims 75% accuracy.

What does a function preference test tell you? http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp

G

Ginkgo

Where is this test you guys are bickering about? I want to see it for myself.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
32 types. If you scrap MBTI to look at it freshly, it makes sense. Unfortunately, if you look into the context of the test, it's hard not to refer back to MBTI, which contradicts this test in that Fudjack implies the I/E dichotomy bares no relationship to one's cognitive preference.

Fudjack omits the J/P distinction from his nomenclature, treating them as independent variables. He says there is no empirical evidence (i.e., it is 'true' analytically, merely by MBTI definition) that one must connect the J with iNf and the P with inF in order to establish the dominance of one of the functions (Ni or Fi). Considering J/P as independent, iNfp and inFj become two alternative types.

I'll edit this and try applying a little of the usual function talk that's common to this forum. The J/P distinction is already being omitted from the function nomenclature. For example, FiNe is normally considered identical to the INFP (Fi dominant, Ne auxilliary), simply by tacking on the P in order to revert back to MBTI nomenclature. However, FiNe could also equate with INFJ, assuming the J and P to be variables independent of determining which function is dominant.