User Tag List

First 123412 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTp

I want you to know I enjoy this thread, but I stopped paying attention halfway through to make sure everything was relevant.
    MBTI: INTP (PNIT if you wanna put it in order of strength.)
    Socionics: INTp
    Enneagram: 5w4
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: (usually) Very Liberal
    Religious Stance: (roughly) Secular Humanist
    Class: Wizard
    Stereotype: Geek/Hippie

Also, credit for my new avatar goes to this person. I found it on the google.

How come no new posts for two days?

I WANT EVERYTHING ON THIS MAN. I want every single study hes done on mbti posted to this thread, i want to know where he lives, the name of his dog, his preferred cerial, his... ANYTHING!

It's like? Mbti is interesting again!

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Barlwooh View Post
    How come no new posts for two days?
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...15#post1647715

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

This is really interesting, I just don't have anything interesting to contribute myself. I will say that I soooo want this book!

I mean, I can consider what I think applies to me & how it relates to INFPs, but that's just pure speculation on my part. Oh, what the hay....

Fi types:
    • Are consummate listeners who listen in a holistic way.
    • INFPs can deeply listen for up to 10 minutes at a time, ISFPs listen briefly and then move to action.
    • Show high activity in T3 and T4, which handle language.
    • Carefully compose their own speech, attending to both content and delivery.
    • Show high activity in F8, and are stimulated by rankings of importance.
    • Show the least activity in interior regions that aid logic.
    • Rely on left-brained (Fp1) decision making.

INFPs may get to the core of a person's psychology by listening for so long. INFPs are less likely to defend their own views or take action, though when they stop listening, region Fp1 becomes very active as they make a strong (and perhaps final) decision.

ISFPs are attentive when others withhold information (like social feedback).
    I can relate to the ISFP part a bit myself....I often notice what someone does not say as much as what they do say, and this proves informative.

Ne types:
    • Often show a "Christmas Tree" pattern.
    • Often experience creative highs.
    • Provide fast, creative responses (sometimes too creative)
    • Find it difficult to get "in the zone," and can do so only after practicing and internalizing an activity over weeks, months, or years.
    • Use regions that support imagination.

A "Christmas Tree" pattern is one in which the neocortex is active all over, each region is of high amplitude and out-of-sync with others. This pattern indicates cross-contextual thinking. This pattern is also very energy intensive, and may produce distractions and contradictions.
    I definitely relate to the "zone" aspect of this. I've gotten very mad at people who interrupt me when I'm in my creative "zone" (on a "high") because I have trouble getting back in.

I relate to aspects of many of the processes below, but when it comes to doing something vs over all mindset, then the bolded best sound like what I think my mindset amounts to. The italics are stuff I do but don't identify as "me". The strike-through is stuff I think I'm awful at.

Fp1 Chief Judge: Focus on explaining, making decisions, noting errors, and screening out distracting information. *I can't decide if this is defining or just something I do. I know I can come across as decisive & critical to some & obliviously go-with-the-flow to others.
    Fp2 Process Manager: Focus on process, either step-by-step for tasks, or open ended creative brainstorming, or both.
    F7 Imaginative Mimic: Mirror others' behavior, pick up skills by observing others, and make imaginative inferences.
    F3 Deductive Analyst: Follow a chain of logical deductions and backtrack to correct thinking due to reasoning errors.
    F4 Expert Classifier: Accurately place concepts by testing them against many categories at once to find a best-fit.
    F8 Grounded Believer: Evaluate people and activities in terms of like or dislike, and/or recall details with high accuracy.
    T3 Precise Speaker: Focus on content of the spoken word, attend to proper grammar, usage, enunciation and diction.
    C3 Factual Storekeeper: Easily memorize and execute steps of movement (dance steps, etc.), and/or recall facts.
    C4 Intuitive Listener: Focus on voice tone and other affective qualities of sound. Speak in a holistic way to influence.
    T4 Flowing Artist: Draw, paint, dance or otherwise use your body in a flowing, spontaneous, and/or artistic manner.
    T5 Sensitive Mediator: Attend to how others respond to you and alter your behavior to get more desirable results.
    P3 Tactical Navigator: Integrate physical space, motion, and visual clues to move skillfully through the environment.
    P4 Strategic Gamer: Weigh many pros and cons, risks and uncertainties at once in order to finesse complex situations. - * I do this with people problems, not impersonal strategies. I'm good at finding effective strategies for other people's emotional issues & relationship problems.
    T6 Purposeful Futurist: State what will surely happen in the future, and/or apply a symbolic meaning to a situation.
    O1 Visual Engineer: Mentally rotate, measure, arrange, assemble and explode objects with a focus on functionality. - * I do this with a focus on aesthetic harmony....
    O2 Abstract Impressionist: Notice holistic themes, patterns, and relationships in photos, paintings, and similar images.
    Last edited by OrangeAppled; 09-05-2011 at 03:04 PM. Reason: indecision
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

This is interesting. My strongest area would probably be F4: Expert classifier, which would seem to correlate with Ti.

My weakest areas are probably C3: Factual storekeeper and P3: Tactical Navigator
    Last edited by Such Irony; 09-05-2011 at 10:42 AM.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Let's see, what I use:

Fp1 Chief Judge: Focus on explaining, making decisions, noting errors, and screening out distracting information.
    Fp2 Process Manager: Focus on process, either step-by-step for tasks, or open ended creative brainstorming, or both.
    F7 Imaginative Mimic: Mirror others' behavior, pick up skills by observing others, and make imaginative inferences.
    F3 Deductive Analyst: Follow a chain of logical deductions and backtrack to correct thinking due to reasoning errors.
    F4 Expert Classifier: Accurately place concepts by testing them against many categories at once to find a best-fit.
    F8 Grounded Believer: Evaluate people and activities in terms of like or dislike, and/or recall details with high accuracy.
    T3 Precise Speaker: Focus on content of the spoken word, attend to proper grammar, usage, enunciation and diction.
    C3 Factual Storekeeper: Easily memorize and execute steps of movement (dance steps, etc.), and/or recall facts.
    C4 Intuitive Listener: Focus on voice tone and other affective qualities of sound. Speak in a holistic way to influence.
    T4 Flowing Artist: Draw, paint, dance or otherwise use your body in a flowing, spontaneous, and/or artistic manner.
    T5 Sensitive Mediator: Attend to how others respond to you and later your behavior to get more desirable results.
    P3 Tactical Navigator: Integrate physical space, motion, and visual clues to move skillfully through the environment.
    P4 Strategic Gamer: Weigh many pros and cons, risks and uncertainties at once in order to finesse complex situations.
    T6 Purposeful Futurist: State what will surely happen in the future, and/or apply a symbolic meaning to a situation.
    O1 Visual Engineer: Mentally rotate, measure, arrange, assemble and explode objects with a focus on functionality.
    O2 Abstract Impressionist: Notice holistic themes, patterns, and relationships in photos, paintings, and similar images.

Not sure if this is indicative of Ne or Ni or something else.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

tactical navigator Ti vs Se

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

i feel like 85% of my brain functioning is O1 & 2

Extraverted Intuiting (Ne)

Ne types:
    Often show a "Christmas Tree" pattern. [...]
    A "Christmas Tree" pattern is one in which the neocortex is active all over, each region is of high amplitude and out-of-sync with others. This pattern indicates cross-contextual thinking. This pattern is also very energy intensive, and may produce distractions and contradictions.

Senior Member TenebrousReflection's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

These are the descriptions I related to the most in roughly this order.

F7 - Imaginative Mimic
    C4 - Intuitive Listener
    T6 - Purposeful Futurist (I disagree with the "purposeful" part of the description tho, its mostly subconscious for me)
    P4 - Strategic Gamer
    T3 - Precise Speaker
    T5 - Sensitive Mediator

Have not watched the video yet, but I plan to...

Thanks for resurrecting this topic as I missed it when it was posted - that's a book that will be going on my shopping list.
    (keys2cognition) Fi (47.6), Ne (36.8), Fe (36.8), Si (31.6), Ti (29.7), Ni (27.4), Te (17.2) Se (12.5) - subject to change - last updated 11JAN2012
    * Making consicious effort to improve my Fe...
    My Johari window
    My Nohari window

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so

I do highly recommend this book. Nardi has a new version that fixes some typos and makes a few other minor corrections. You can buy this book here and it's also available from Amazon here. The google video linked above is also a good resource.

I just got back from attending some a workshop given by Nardi, so I'll try to post some fun interesting tidbits over the next few days.

Anyway, to clarify about Fp2 a bit... the association with creative brainstorming is just talking about how it tracks where one is a process. So, for example, it will fire right before someone announces "I'm done" or "That's all I can come up with" when brainstorming. (Brainstorming seems more associated with the holistic Ne-ish "Christmas tree pattern" than any particular brain region.)

Otherwise Fp2 is more associated with openness to novelty and (perhaps contrary) new information. It also seems more associated with egalitarianism than Fp1; Fp1 tends to be associated with seeing oneself as important and effective, and with filtering out distracting and negative information.

In a way (and this is my summary, not Nardi's), Fp2 seems more about processing interrupts and other out-of-band data, and Fp1 seems to be better at focus and filtering other data out.