User Tag List

First 81617181920 Last

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    2 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Folderol View Post
    You're missing the point. In that long video, he said this was v1 of any EEG tests and such. There wasn't really any goal or point to be proven. It was "Lets experiment and see if anything looks to be correlated. Maybe if we can it will be indicative of further studies needing to be done." Exploratory. I could follow the stuff.
    It is interesting as an exploratory topic. This guy seems ENFP to me. Tert Te.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Dario Nardi identifies with INTJ (his own words).

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pushbeat View Post
    Dario Nardi identifies with INTJ (his own words).
    Since when did that ever qualify with anyone?
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    Since when did that ever qualify with anyone?
    He initially struck me as an ENFP type, seeing him on video. However, there is real proof of INTJ-ness out there:
    http://www.radiancehouse.com/games.htm
    http://www.radiancehouse.com/downloads/PlayersGuide.pdf

These products are typical of an INTJ (building a gaming world from scratch), and not the usual pastime for an ENFP.

I suspect he might have an unusual Enneagram type for an INTJ, assuming he's INTJ. Possibly 7 or 9.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    He initially struck me as an ENFP type, seeing him on video. However, there is real proof of INTJ-ness out there:
    http://www.radiancehouse.com/games.htm
    http://www.radiancehouse.com/downloads/PlayersGuide.pdf

These products are typical of an INTJ (building a gaming world from scratch), and not the usual pastime for an ENFP.

I suspect he might have an unusual Enneagram type for an INTJ, assuming he's INTJ. Possibly 7 or 9.
    Oh yes, there would be evidence. I was just thinking in terms of how people use the theory to pigeon hole people by their own experience, rather than letting descriptions and examples of function stand out on their own merit.

But then again, the functions can be interpreted any number of ways so it can be all up in the air for how individuals view you.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Also (Nardi's month-old Reddit AMA): http://www.reddit.com/r/mbti/comment...t_dario_nardi/

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    I thought 7 for him also. He doesn't strike me as ENFP at all, but being 7 might give the vibe of being "less focused". His speech is too "even" to be a Ne type, IMO. Just kind of a softer INTJ. But actually, middle-aged INTJs are more likely to come across that way. Probably better Fi. The ones online who are coldly arrogant & insist on being unfeeling robots always seem to be very young.

And what is that shirt he is wearing? ahahaha... Is he going disco dancing later? So ESFP-wannabe. I bet you he has a "tramp stamp", like a dragon tattoo or something.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I thought 7 for him also. He doesn't strike me as ENFP at all, but being 7 might give the vibe of being "less focused". His speech is too "even" to be a Ne type, IMO. Just kind of a softer INTJ. But actually, middle-aged INTJs are more likely to come across that way. Probably better Fi. The ones online who are coldly arrogant & insist on being unfeeling robots always seem to be very young.
    Honestly, I think e7 is almost impossible for an INTJ (not to say it necessarily is, but, I mean, just about).

I think one possible explanation is that he's just really developed his shadow -- the guy wrote what is a pretty well-reviewed book on using typology for personal growth and effective leadership, so it's reasonable to think he might have accomplished a good deal of personal development -- and, as such, you guys are seeing e7 because he's using a somewhat ESFPish vibe to communicate when "on stage".

A couple younger-seeming INTJs in his Reddit AMA basically accuse him of being an ESFP, which he mostly ignores, but does respond to once with some explanations as to why and how he might have developed his shadow SFP:

[–]Human_Paladin[INTJ] 8 points 1 month ago
    Simple question: What do you identify as? As in type.

[–]AncientSpirits[S] 7 points 1 month ago
    I identify with INTJ. I selected this in 1992, at age 22, and have maintained that sense ever since.

[–]Sociacademic[INTJ][] 2 points 1 month ago*
    Thanks for doing this!
    Would you mind saying more about which parts of the INTJ descriptions you identify with?
    I ask because I have watched this clip and this clip with you and I find that you come across very differently from me. Even though I like to think that I make an effort to be more open and friendly than the average INTJ, I'd say you're off the charts in this respect! Also, the way you write doesn't resonate with me. Very often with other INTJs, I feel like I could see myself writing what they've written, but not so with you.
    Of course whatever type you are, it doesn't detract from your work. I'm just curious.
    Edit: For example, this quote of yours from above:
    Having permeable boundaries is important--that is, being present as who you are, assuming you actually wish to be there. Adolescents are perceptive of phoniness and responsive to genuineness. I tell stories about my life and family--not intimidate stories, but ones that reveal I too am a person. (...) I am a secret rebel. That is the source of my smile. Most students are secret rebels, they just don't have a cause yet. You can give it to them....
    Sounds to me like Fi > Te in your function stack.

[–]wolfgangpaulig 3 points 1 month ago
    Everybody's personality changes when they go up on stage!!! I know this isn't a great source, but it's just one example. And I certainty cannot speak for Dario, but I think pretty much everyone becomes different on stage.
    http://www.beyondshynessandsocialanx...o-great-effect

[–]AncientSpirits[S] 3 points 1 month ago
    I definitely identify with having a stage self. I'm actually very much at home with other INTJs off-stage. People who know me personally, including other type experts, see the unstaged Dario. That said, it's not fake. It's just a performance. John Beebe would prefer to NTJ-SFP as a spine relationship, and I certainly identify with that. As for boundaries, even though I mention the importance of permeable boundaries, I still maintain an acquire awareness of said boundaries all the time. I'm just aware that many things don't matter, so why not share them to get the desired effect? And like I say elsewhere, I've done quite a bit of NLP, especially in my early 20s. No doubt that, along with part of my upbringing in the Caribbean (an SFP culture), had an impact.

[–]Sociacademic[INTJ][] 3 points 1 month ago*
    I've given plenty of presentations, and I'm good at it. I even have myself on video (no, I'm not posting it for comparison, sorry). I don't come across like DN does.
    Also, in my comment I mentioned not identifying with his writing. That's a separate issue which you don't address. Do you identify with e.g. the part I quoted in my comment?

[–]wolfgangpaulig 3 points 1 month ago*
    Well, I'm an INTP, and I'm new here (not new to Jung or personality type psychology), so, is Fi - introverted feeling, and Te extroverted thinking? I've noticed that the T/F distinction fluctuates pretty drastically within me. Sometimes Fi > Te and vice versa, depends on the situation and my mood. Are they one in the same? If you are Te are you also Fi? I'm definitely not Fe, and I'm new to this community and the terminology. I would call myself a rational idealist, in a very bipolar kind-of way..
    INTP is what I associate myself with most often, but it's not who I am on stage for presentations or in my public speaking class. Sometimes I like to work on the aspects of my personality that are lacking, and when I write something or speak, I bring out qualities that might make me seem one way, when internally, it's the opposite of how I really am.
    And the more we know about these things, the more we are able to consciously change our appearance for the situation. And I don't think that other INTP's would have the same writing voice as I do, or speaking presentation, even though INTP is the state we are most comfortable in and attracted to.

[–]possibeerlity 3 points 1 month ago*
    Nardi has always struck me as an SFP. He comes across fun loving and grounded. Gasp, yes it's possible to be an intelligent and academic focused SFP. Surprise!
    Sounds to me like Fi > Te in your function stack.
    Yeah. Also INTJ's are probably the most mistyped type, with ISTJ, ISTP's and INFJ's being possibly the most common real type.
    What's worse, are those that strongly self-identify with a mistyping and construct a reality around it.
    I mean for example (and this goes beyond Nardi), what are the odds that someone that professionally calls themselves type x for a decade, is recognized as somewhat of an authority, would actually admit to being wrong about their own type. Highly unlikely that many people on this earth would posses the intellectual honesty to welcome that.
    He could be an INTJ, I guess, but the odds that any self identified INTJ on the internet, is actually one, is actually pretty low IMO.
    People naturally find it difficult to grasp the abstract and conceptual nature of Ni dom with Te aux as it plays out.

[–]Sociacademic[INTJ][] 1 point 1 month ago
    Hi possibeerlity, I don't know if you saw, but I sent you a message. Please check your messages.
    permalinkparent
    Nardi is "AncientSpirits".

Very ESFP...

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    And what is that shirt he is wearing? ahahaha... Is he going disco dancing later? So ESFP-wannabe. I bet you he has a "tramp stamp", like a dragon tattoo or something.
    Yeah, I've noticed this about his clothes (in the Google video too).

He's clearly tapping into that inferior Se. And it's clearly inferior.

Gotta love that collar stickin out one side...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

FWIW, I've had someone identify me as ESFP based on videos (via PM). Visual mannerisms only sort-of correspond to MBTI type. MBTI type also has a lot to do with how one spends the bulk of one's time, not just how one might appear to be in the moment. Don't forget that one of my hobbies is dancing - there are people who are convinced that 1) I am an extrovert, and 2) I do not mind people watching me do what I do.

The caveats? I do not mind people watching me do something excellently.

What was interesting is that the person doing the identifying definitely saw the Ni/Se and Te/Fi, but due to my delivery assumed that Se/Fi was stronger in my personality, when really, it's just my delivery, not my personality.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.