First 51314151617 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    Maybe this has already been said and I missed it. But I think it would be interesting to do a larger scale experiment with more people... and see if you can identify the person's type based on their brain scans.
    Agree this would be very interesting. MBTI doesn't seem to be recognlzed by the formal academic or psychology community. Eventually, I think this will change. This could provide some kind of proof.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Agree this would be very interesting. MBTI doesn't seem to be recognlzed by the formal academic or psychology community. Eventually, I think this will change. This could provide some kind of proof.
    MBTI and jungs typology was briefly mentioned on one of my 'personality psychology 1' lectures, but they did say that big 5 has more research to validate it etc, so its used more nowadays. they pretty much only told the basics and there was only like one or two slides to both jungs typology and MBTI. on top of that the lecturer said that sensing and thinking were the rational functions and feeling and intuition the irrational :/ , had to correct him after the class ofc, and he "meant to fix that mistake on the slide".

i think its not that MBTI isnt recognized by the academia, its just that they think that big 5 does the same job, but has more proof to back it up, so its used instead. personally i think that MBTI has much more to offer than big 5 does in some areas, big 5 is bit like meh, even tho it might tell you how extroverted you are etc, it doesent really have that "wtf has someone been following me and taking notes about my daily life" effect that MBTI has, also big 5 is pretty much nothing but scales about you, and there isnt much use to scales without any more in depth understanding about what the scales represent, like which jungs typology offers.

oh and this research that nardi has done so far is no where convincing to academia, especially compared to tens of thousands of big 5 studies(which satisfy the academia) ranging from neuro- to social psychology :/
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    what do you base this opinion on?
    It was a joke for Salome. Since she mentioned that for us to argue I would have to say something she would disagree with first.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    It was a joke for Salome. Since she mentioned that for us to argue I would have to say something she would disagree with first.
    i know, i was just trying to show the correct way to win the argument
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Maybe we should do the experiment here!! PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: EVERYONE GET YOUR BRAIN SCANNED!!!

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Maybe we should do the experiment here!! PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: EVERYONE GET YOUR BRAIN SCANNED!!!
    Ive wanted to, but I have no idea who to ask or how to legitimately get someone to go along with the notion of a brain scan without any illness.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Anew Leaf

Ive wanted to, but I have no idea who to ask or how to legitimately get someone to go along with the notion of a brain scan without any illness.
    Solution: Fall down some stairs.

!

MBTI
    INTP

I'm dying to get this book and digest it head to toe. This is rare for me because books rarely hold my attention. I honestly hate reading for entertainment when it's really long.

I don't know if this post is allowed or not, but what looks to be the cheapest place to get it? It's not sold at many places, and it seems to be $24.95 each time. I was hoping to get a deal! Another thing is it seems there is no digital version available. I don't have an eBook reader, but I would prefer to read things on my computer.

MBTI
    INTP

Did you know the brain mappings Nardi did involved injecting stuff into the subject's scalps first? I don't want to deal with needles! It was necessary too, to amplify the electrical signals in the brain to get more accurate results. And he didn't even probe stuff deeper in the brain. Imagine the pain (or huge needles) needed for that! Actually, I don't want to imagine!

Did you watch the video on youtube where he talks about it? Being as he's a professor, somewhere (California? You can look it up), I would say maybe try to volunteer yourself as a human test subject for any of his further experiments. It's obvious he'll be going in the direction of MBTI regardless. Another way is what if you appeal to the doctor's intellectual side? You could also just tell that it's your money and you are curious (shut up and take my money).

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Folderol View Post
    Did you know the brain mappings Nardi did involved injecting stuff into the subject's scalps first? I don't want to deal with needles! It was necessary too, to amplify the electrical signals in the brain to get more accurate results. And he didn't even probe stuff deeper in the brain. Imagine the pain (or huge needles) needed for that!
    Its just some shit on your head so that electric signals from your brains would be transferred to the sensors better, its not injected inside the skull or anything like that.. The same thing was done with pouring water on the head, but i think they use some other solution nowadays since water tends to dry out faster that other stuff that does the same job.
    — C.G. Jung

Read