Understanding > summaries
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Shadow complex is of the same gender. It's in part the uglier side of masculinity or femininity that you must come to terms with in order to fully accept yourself as an adult. It's generally associated with reactions to and compensations for the deepest of fears, such as abandonment or being consumed. Classic example being Darth Vader as Luke Skywalker's shadow (representing his parents' abandonment of him at birth).

As stated, the animus/a represents deficiencies in the ego that make us feel incomplete as selves. The ego tries to ignore this, for sake of protecting itself, as these deficiencies often invoke unhealthy manifestations of the shadow. Back to the Star Wars example, Luke makes a lot of stupid and bad decisions when he thinks Leia (his, unbeknownst to him, twin sister, as blatant an anima as you can come up with) is in danger, leading Darth Vader to get the upper hand on him (or lop it off, so to speak). It is when he regains a hold of his purpose (to become a Jedi and redeem his father) that his anima becomes less a source of weakness and more a source of strength (confidence that Darth Vader can be redeemed, and that he as a Skywalker can remain pure).

ReflecTcelfeR

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Understanding > summaries
    Pertinent info in a summary leads to efficiency.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTp

Femininity and masculinity are nothing. Those words are meaningless. I am not more feminine because I like to cook and enjoy a well-written love story and I am not more masculine because I enjoy building things and action movies. I don't love ponies any more when I'm really stressed or upset.

They really boil down to T-F, T being traditionally masculine and F being traditionally feminine. From wikipedia, I've gathered roughly what shadow types are and I can say decisively, no, shadow types are not your other gender manifesting themselves. That's a stupid idea.
    MBTI: INTP (PNIT if you wanna put it in order of strength.)
    Socionics: INTp
    Enneagram: 5w4
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: (usually) Very Liberal
    Religious Stance: (roughly) Secular Humanist
    Class: Wizard
    Stereotype: Geek/Hippie

Also, credit for my new avatar goes to this person. I found it on the google.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Xyk View Post
    Femininity and masculinity are nothing. Those words are meaningless. I am not more feminine because I like to cook and enjoy a well-written love story and I am not more masculine because I enjoy building things and action movies. I don't love ponies any more when I'm really stressed or upset.

They really boil down to T-F, T being traditionally masculine and F being traditionally feminine. From wikipedia, I've gathered roughly what shadow types are and I can say decisively, no, shadow types are not your other gender manifesting themselves. That's a stupid idea.
    but the point isnt about how the world defines feminine, its about what opposes the egos view on masculinity of self. if your ego thinks that its ok to enjoy cooking as a man, then the ego doesent define cooking as a feminine trait. but ofc the ego can view cooking as feminine, but still like doing that, but thats when the ego views masculinity as unimportant, its ok with the feminine side. but anima isnt just about man and woman, its also about buying expencive things and then getting bored of them. whwn it comes to anima/animus and man woman thing, its not about love, its about projections, its about falling in love at first sight and then years later noticing that rhis isnt my thing afterall and that this person may not be who you saw her as, like this person is suddenly like total stranger, this is when the projections are shut off and you see the other person as she really is, and this may or may not be someone you actually even like
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

My Se shadow is actually quite feminine, but with a slight tomboy edge. I'd liken her to being like the archetypal female spy, femme fatale, or heroine type of personality... aware of her surroundings, can defend herself by physical force, kind of a tough lady that doesn't put up with b.s. Knows when to be ladylike, but also likes to play in the same sandbox as the guys.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4/9
    Socionics
    ???

I get what you are saying about femininity and masculinity being bullshit, but I have noticed differences between how the different genders of a same type act. And I think that if a person developes their shadow functions, they act more how someone of their opposite gender who is actually their shadow type would act.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTp

Quote Originally Posted by amerellis View Post
    I get what you are saying about femininity and masculinity being bullshit, but I have noticed differences between how the different genders of a same type act. And I think that if a person developes their shadow functions, they act more how someone of their opposite gender who is actually their shadow type would act.
    Girls only act 'feminine' because they feel like they are expected to, and have been placed in that box from a young age. Boys are, of course, the same with masculinity. Even the link between testosterone and traditional male aggression is not certain. When upset, I don't act how I think girls act because I don't think girls act in any particular way.

Down with sexual discrimination!

A window to the soul

Girls only act 'feminine' because they feel like they are expected to, and have been placed in that box from a young age.
    It sure feels natural to me.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTp

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    It sure feels natural to me.
    Well yeah, early childhood experiences and pressures are both extremely pervasive in our lives and extremely hard to remember and pinpoint. My point was that there is no biological reason for a girl to act girly or a guy to act manly. At some point, your parents probably felt that, as a girl, you should identify with other girls, and nudged you in that direction, just like my parents did with boy stuff.