User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Actually, after reading descriptions here, I think Supine Phlegmatic fits me better for the aspect of control. But could that just be influence from Inclusion and Affection?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by RevlisZero View Post
    There's also which looks sort of phlegmatic, I suppose.
    I agree!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    That face looked perfect to me. The Phlegmatic is just plain in description. They eyes are just drawn as vertical rectangles.

Of course, all five faces are represented in my avatar.

Also, your temperament for the most part matches the type you're going with now, But still, you always seemed more N (and E) to me.
    Yeah I seem pretty E on the web site, but I originally typed myself as an introvert when I came here and someone who talks to me one-on-one every day and knows me better than I think anyone on this website thinks I'm an ISFP. And he says his step-dad is ISFP. And he's a Sensor. His bff is an INFJ, so he does know what an NF looks like. My issue was my forcefulness which I think can be explained by Se rather than Te, and how ISFP is the extroverted introvert like ENFP is the introverted extrovert.

I took a Keirsey style test yesterday and got xNFP as usual, even while I fit the SP temperament better, I continue to get N.I mean literally I get NFP, I don't even get E or I on Keirsey or MBTI. I literally get 50-50, though on some other tests I might actually get INFP or ENFP, ISFP or ESFP, but it's always by like a few percentages, I am truly borderline in the E/I dichotomies. S/N is also much closer than FP. I am soooo FP it's ridiculous.

In terms of cognitive functions, Se/Ni could really make sense (read my blog if you care why I think that) and Simulated World commented on another site the other day that No Cap had thought I was ESFP when he met me, and Sim still thought I was ENFP, and he doesn't seem to have an argument against me typing myself as SFP. A lot of self-typed SPs on this site don't either.

I don't like the idea of being xxFP. I don't like having Xs in my type.

So, Phlegmatic in Inclusion means you can take people or leave them. So you (@OP) will tend to not approach many people, and be passive or noncomittal with them, so you won't appear to have an "I'm the boss" attitude a lot.
    That's how I am in IRL, too.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

By this chart, I'm probably Sanguine Phlegmatic Choleric

There's also which looks sort of phlegmatic, I suppose.
    It works, at least, better than the other one.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Actually, after reading descriptions here, I think Supine Phlegmatic fits me better for the aspect of control. But could that just be influence from Inclusion and Affection?
    Likely.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

ReflecTcelfeR

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    So you're an INTP too?
    I notice that some NTP's do come out as Sanguine. Like ol' Xander, who had taken the actual FIRO-B and was the first ever person online I could compare the temperaments to type, scored as something that amounted to a Sanguine-Phlegmatic blend.

Where Melancholy shares with Choleric the low wanted Control (which amounts to structure-focus), the Sanguine shares the high expressed Control (pragmatism). So I look at that as a close match as well.
    I don't know much about this system. I get interested in it every now and again, but I was wondering if perhaps the reason why Within and I relate to Supine in this description is due to Dom-Tert. loops in JCF and not the actual description itself. Is this a valid thought? This thought would only work if I were an ENTP though, so if I find that I'm not after all of this analyzation then disregard.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Inclusion: Supine followed by phlegmatic
    Control: Melancholy followed by phlegmatic
    Affection: Not sure. Kind of a mix of Melancholy/Supine/Choleric
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecTcelfeR View Post
    I don't know much about this system. I get interested in it every now and again, but I was wondering if perhaps the reason why Within and I relate to Supine in this description is due to Dom-Tert. loops in JCF and not the actual description itself. Is this a valid thought? This thought would only work if I were an ENTP though, so if I find that I'm not after all of this analyzation then disregard.
    Within has INTJ, so dom/tert would be NiFi. I guess if tertiary Feeling is strong, that could affect it. For you, if you're INTP, I still think it's what i explained; Choleric is mellowed out to Melancholy. That is typical for INTP's, while Within was the first time I think, I have seen an INTJ get Supine. So in that case, it is likely a different reason, like the JCF dynamic you mentioned.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)

Type Ideas

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

OK, since this was resurrected http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...m-why-her.html, and I had forgotten about it; it is a good evidence of what I have been saying about NT being Choleric.
    Jennifer was one who did not identify with Choleric in Control, but rather Melancholy instead; yet she and several others do identify with the "Director" type, which would be the Choleric of the four in that system (likely a Keirsey knockoff as it is), and yet obviously corresponds to NT. http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...why-her-6.html
    It can be just a matter of the right description for it to click for the person.

So I wonder what @SuchIrony would choose on that one (you should check it out; that thread was from before you joined).

Type Ideas